The more I play the less I love.

+
The more I read comments, the more obvious a common thread becomes - players do not want to read. Spending the time to read all shards and messages gave me so much insight into the evolution of Night City and the general history of the world it resides in - the places, the people, their desires and fears, motivations for starting a war with the press of a button or the lack of any will to keep living in a brutal world where the line between real and virtual is imperceptible.

I cannot put a hand to my heart and swear that what most people coming to this thread to complain about is not there. It is. Missions become repetitive. Storylines end abruptly with little to no resolution. But the journey, what you can hear NPCs talking about along the way and see written on their computers, is so rich and satisfying. And that comes from a man who hasn't touched a book in almost two decades.

What I'm trying to say is: Stop and smell the f***in' roses! You will be occupied until the next patch, until the next DLC, expansion etc. And you will (hopefully) understand where so much time and passion was poured during the last couple of years.

No you won't, that's the problem. A good majority of the shards you find in Night City are duplicates and triplicates and even more. You can do a full playthrough in what... 45-70 hours, and take another day to read the shards. Then what.

The other issue here is that many players bought a computer game, whether an RPG or an Action game, they didn't go and buy a book. I could buy the entire Cyberpunk PnP games for the same price I bought this game for, and still be reading them all.

I really enjoyed my first playthrough, shard reading and all, but after that it kind of fell flat. The more I played, the more glaring the issues became. The real clincher was when I completed the game, went back to do another ending, and practically got the same one.

I couldn't get half the clothes that are in Night City. Just today I went to a clothing vendor and said "I really like that dress". Can't find it anywhere. The cars are minimalist at best, and the cyberwear, other then your hands, doesn't change you looks at all, and there are so many better cyberwear looks in game it's not even funny. Then there are missions, entire side missions, that end, and then go no where.

Big example is the Peralez side mission, It just ends on a cliff hanger. I thought I missed something, but apparently not. They just either cut it out, or never finished it.

The more I play the more I can see some really cool things that are in game, that as a player you just can't find and enjoy it, or things you wanted to finish, so many things, more things that a hundred dlc and expansions could ever complete, and you just can't.

That's my entire thought process on playing it again... I just can't.

If I could refund it now, after 100 hours of game play, I would. There's zero reason to keep it in my library anymore, at least for another year or two.

I have well over 100 hours in at the moment and was working on my third playthrough, but the more time I spend in Night City the more shallow it seems. My initial playthrough had many awesome and emotional beats. My second explored a lot of the content I skipped over the first time... but over the course of that one the sheer amount of cut content in this game became clear. On my third attempt I was trying to explore a lot of the game in different ways, in every character I used a unique build, background, gender/orientation, but it started to become super obvious that those decisions changed little beyond which sex scene I may encounter. Parts of this game have incredible depth but the more I explore the world those parts seem to be the exception to the rule. Also the more I encounter enemy AI the harder it is to take it seriously. 40hrs in it didn't seem too terrible, but especially when playing an aggressive melee build, it's a bad joke. My current plan is to uninstall it and give the devs a year or two to hopefully finish this game.

CDPR, please finish your game and deliver on the promises of your illustrious marketing campaign before trying to sell us any DLC. I didn't request a refund because I still had some quality entertainment dancing around the bugs, but if you try to sell me more content before finishing what should have been in the base game you will lose a customer for life.

I enjoyed the game on PC. Do not refund, the developer will add content to the game similar to the Witcher 3

I would just like to highlight a few features that would be great to be added or improve in the game

1) Advanced Mini Map - Able to know when to turn, so that the map informed us earlier, so we do not miss any turn

2) Customization Apartment - Throughout my playthrough for this game, I went back to my apartment only 2 or 3 times. It be great to add some content maybe customization options

3) Customization Vehicles - Since the game has an in-depth photo mode option, it be great to have Vehicle customization, so that player can show off their own rides

4) Mini game - Include several mini games to interact with. Example gambling, pool, Swimming, Golf, Arcade games or etc

5) Advanced Police System - Probably remove the spawn cops, instead implement the same concept as GTA. It be cool if we were chase by Arasaka Forces

6) Radio - Switch between song - There are songs that i liked, so it would be nice if we can switch songs instead of the Radio station

7) NPC AI and Physics - Improve the overall response and interaction with the NPC

8) Buildings Accessible - To add more immersion to the game, more buildings should be accessible, i found out that that several buildings can be access only by the Main or Side Quest.

9) Apartment PC - We could check out the latest trend fashion, in which we can order the clothes through the website. Make the PC in our apartment to have more interaction

10) Purchased Apartment - Not sure if they will be added in the DLC, hopefully it will

I still played for 100h, can't say i disliked my experience, some games i don't even complete and get bored after 30 hours, it wasn't the case here... But yeah some more end game content would be appreciated, but no need to shit talk thee game because you got bored of it after completing all it has to offer.

80hours, my first run yet.
Did you guys already made River, Panam or Judy side quests? 99% of the game isn't in the main storyline.

Did you guys already made River, Panam or Judy side quests? 99% of the game isn't in the main storyline.
Yea, I know, but once a game "breaks" for me, it's just over... maybe I'll try again in couple of months.

Depending on your build, you can do pretty much the entire game, minus a few NCPD quests, in 45 hours. A stealthy, netrunner build takes longer, but you can do all side gigs, main quest, and a majority of the gigs and NCPD in 75 hours.

Gigs and NCPD are there for eddies, they don't really contribute to the story at all, and after a while they're repetitive.

Same. I decided to stop playing and wait till it all gets fixed and they add the new and previously cut contents. Playing now feels like ruining the experience of wanting to play a good game. So yeah, maybe 6 or 9 months from now? Cause I know a couple of months till March they're gonna just fix the bugs and stability, not add contents.

Gigs and NCPD are there for eddies, they don't really contribute to the story at all, and after a while they're repetitive.

Agree but they still part of the game and i'm doing it because want to make 100% of achievments (i need to buy all vehicles available). I don't know, maybe depends of the person, i am used to be a player of MMORPGs and looter shooter like The Division 2 and Warframe so... i don't care about repetitive quests/jobs if they are well made.

something we don't know
I made a topic on what is the content of the base game and the policy on future DLC, cut content, etc.

Johnny Silverhand ruins this game hard. A lot of people came into this game expecting it was going to be about V, heck the trailers implied this was about V building a legacy for their self. But the reality is V is just some lame sidekick to this badass named Johnny Silverhand. The world revolves around him and the other characters and V is just taken along for the ride.

I think you've summed up the problem with the protagonist right there - who is the protagonist? V is basically a Mary Sue character, which in literary terms is a protagonist devoid of individuality so that the reader can more easily imagine him/herself in their shoes (think Bella in Twilight). That sounds ideal for a first player RPG, but in reality tends to result in weak storytelling. And that's why Johnny so easily overpowers the narrative.
Post automatically merged:

The more I read comments, the more obvious a common thread becomes - players do not want to read. Spending the time to read all shards and messages gave me so much insight into the evolution of Night City and the general history of the world it resides in - the places, the people, their desires and fears, motivations for starting a war with the press of a button or the lack of any will to keep living in a brutal world where the line between real and virtual is imperceptible.

Quick lesson for you - if your fictive creation is reliant on an absorption of infodump/exposition/backstory to enable immersion then you are doing something SERIOUSLY WRONG. Such things should be achieved seamlessly and unnoticeably in parallel with the main narrative and story arc.

Last edited:
I didn't immerse myself with pre-launch trailers and information because I wanted to "experience" the game without spoilers that may have come out over the last few years, but recently going back and seeing what was advertised and promised. A lot of the systems they showed I wish they kept in game, I have a sense of disappointment in them being removed, and yet, I still highly enjoy the game and the game world.

The one saving grace I could offer is that this game can be continuously improved upon over the next few years via developer patches and expansions, as well as having a highly active modder community, much like skyrim and fallout have, that take the game way past it's shelf life and could even bring in the items we didn't get, back into the game.

The bulk of the work is done and now we have a playground to experiment in and modify to our own content.

I mean 3 playthroughs in the course of 14 or so days... I'm not surprised you like it less after playing it repeatedly so soon since launch.

You are not wrong and many of the "AAA" releases of late have gotten away with less content. The issue is many of us were hoping for a world you could get lost in and make your own fun. It also appears that this was the intention of the game until hitting the console launch window became more important than making a finished product. It feels obvious to me that so much of this game was being worked on but halted in order to push it out and meet sales forecasts.

For reference Skyrim was also a buggy game that had many issues but I had over 1000 hours in that on the PS3. Your character choices could have an impact on the world, and the world reacted differently to different characters. This made re-playability so much more meaningful as you could have a unique experience even after romancing the same characters, or killing the same dragons. This game was marketed and seemed to be built to provide a similar experience... but instead of your choices providing depth they seem 95% superficial.

Sums it up for a good chunk of people, unfortunately.

450 hrs. looking for this open word experience and hoping for corrections / fixes but every patch made things worse. haven't played for about 2 days and don't see me playing again until major improvements have been made to put the fun into this game advertised so well but executed so poorly ...looks beautiful, but all these problems ruin it

Top Bottom