The most dangerous thing in Night City... barbed wire

+

Do you fear the barbed wire?

• Total voters
People talking about invisible walls as though barbed wire actually stops V from getting past it...

And the barbed wire that's everywhere just sat on top of randomly placed waist-high barriers on the streets where mini people play.

Let's not over analyse it. It's just funny. V's reaction to it is hilarious. That's it.

There's a spot just as you emerge from the underwater highway between Pacifica and NC. A little median of concrete barriers topped with barbed wire on all sides except one narrow end. There's a dead body in there with some middling goodies, but the safecracker-level delicacy of getting to it was riotously funny. Preem use of that particular game mechanic. :ROFLMAO:

The option is there, it's called not posting or voting. Also known as abstaining.
It wouldn't really be a vote then, would it? (as in a part of the full diagram that would be counted towards the total.)
Abstaining means I choose not to vote al all, which would generate a difference in the outcome of the poll (theoretically)
But okay. I suppose no would be the closest answer here.
Agreed, except there are invisible walls all over the place in Night City. I'm just asking that maybe they can add something once you have subdermal armor, the exaggerated reaction can be negated. The damage it does on it's own is negligible, but as a stealthy character, I look for alternate means of entry, its part of what makes open world games so fun, and often barbed wire is far more effective than mines, cameras, patrols, and drones.

All in all, this isn't a huge thing. It doesn't break the game for me nor am I making a big deal out of it. Worst case scenario, I will look into making a mod that removes the effect, but this is why I posted it in a satirical fashion. Some of ya'll need to calm down and realize games run on feedback from the players. Not players deciding somebody else's opinion is worth less than your own. Start a dialogue, not an argument.
Maybe a question for the mind here.
Why would subdermal armor 'negate' the flinching when the pain receptors that usually generate that reaction are in the upper/outer layers of the skin?
However, I understand where you are going with the request.
Maybe a consumale (or range of consumables) could also have an added effect of say "adrenaline" which would reduce or negate reactions to pain, knockback effects and so on.

Yes I have to admit that the barb wire is belter than an invisible wall. I like it when games give you SOMETHING to hang your hat for suspension of disbelief rather than the tired and sometimes lazy "its just a game".
Yeah, barbed wire looks way better than invisible wall. Place a cliff there smh or an automated space laser that strikes you when you try to leave the city... *gasp!*

That barbed wire looking kinda fine now. Hey, barbed... How you doin...? No! Not that kinda fine.

Water filled with dangerous creatures could be effective. Or a cutscene where you reach the edge of the map and border patrol catches you or threatens you and you turn around or get teleported away from the edge of the map.

Top Bottom