The mox helped me in a random fight, I want more of this

+
During the first act of my second playthrough, I stoped my car when I saw an assault in progress and went to fight some Tiger Claws. It was more difficult than I thought and had to hide to recover some health. But when I came out to continue the fight only one Tyger Claws was still alive: three Mox came to help me and killed most of them. Impossible to talk with them, they didn't care about me at all, just stayed in the middle of the streets with their guns out.

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.01.08 - 20.08.38.34.jpg

Maybe that's very normal but I spent 120h in this game and it was the first time that random NPCs came to help me during a fight. That was great, it would have been better if I could interract a little bit with my savers but for once I felt that the world arround me cared about what was happening. If the gangs members could react like that, helping each other or fighting each other depending on their relationship it would make this world so alive.

The same day, a little bit before, I fought some Animals in Kabuki for a gig, no survivor, I didn't hide their bodies. But some Tyger Claws saw one of the bodies in the street and started to attack me. At this time I thought "well, they didn't gave any difference to any gang members, it must be only a cosmetic difference, they are just "enemies" so for them this Animals dead is like one of them", and I still think it is what happened, but if it was because Tyger Claws and Animals have friendly relationship this kind of things would become great.

Did this kind of things happened in your game too?

Every now and then, and it appears to be completely random, but there seems to be slithers of a system with the factions and some rudimentary intelligence running in the game.

It's not all the time - but it is there - and when it kicks in - it's like - WHAT THE...? YES! MORE!

Then I really hope they can improve that in a DLC or something, it would change a lot the experience of the game and it would be awesome

During the first act of my second playthrough, I stoped my car when I saw an assault in progress and went to fight some Tiger Claws. It was more difficult than I thought and had to hide to recover some health. But when I came out to continue the fight only one Tyger Claws was still alive: three Mox came to help me and killed most of them. Impossible to talk with them, they didn't care about me at all, just stayed in the middle of the streets with their guns out.

View attachment 11134727

Maybe that's very normal but I spent 120h in this game and it was the first time that random NPCs came to help me during a fight. That was great, it would have been better if I could interract a little bit with my savers but for once I felt that the world arround me cared about what was happening. If the gangs members could react like that, helping each other or fighting each other depending on their relationship it would make this world so alive.

The same day, a little bit before, I fought some Animals in Kabuki for a gig, no survivor, I didn't hide their bodies. But some Tyger Claws saw one of the bodies in the street and started to attack me. At this time I thought "well, they didn't gave any difference to any gang members, it must be only a cosmetic difference, they are just "enemies" so for them this Animals dead is like one of them", and I still think it is what happened, but if it was because Tyger Claws and Animals have friendly relationship this kind of things would become great.

So this is a funny situation, totally reverse of what you experienced.
I am 25 hours in(haven't played for three weeks now because of..stuff) but I've been to many firefights. Usually it is me helping the police, rescuing people from crime á la Watch Dogs.
Unfortunately, I responded to a crime, and shot the perpetrators. Only to see the perpetrators(that I stopped from executing some poor woman) get reinforcements from behind me.

I thought, "What the actual hell" and had to defend myself. The poor woman and other pedestrians caught stray bullets too.
The reinforcement to the bad guys = Hired muscle/bodyguards/bouncers from...Lizzie's Bar.

Think of that implication for a spell. :giggle:

Surely it was the game's reaction to my "provocative" shooting, and not actually The Moxx in favour of other gangs executing pedestrians outside their club. :LOL:

It'd be fun to have some sort of ability to call for help and have the Mox show up to give you a hand in a pinch, similar to how you could call a crew of Saints to help you in SR3.

Ive had a situation where i got annoyed and went cyberpsycho on civillians in front of lizzies.
The bouncer moxes or other moxes cant remember helped me fighting the police ...

That's great to see that this kind of things can happen somehow in the game in other ways!

When I played today a random event occured near to me (blue star), it was 6th street and scavs fighting against each other. I thought it was cool and I could try to help the gang on my choice, I started to shoot the scavs, and it's interesting because at first it seemed to work: scavs became red and attacked me while 6th street stayed yellow and were still fighting the scavs. But at one point 6th street members started to shoot me too. I thought I made a mistake somehow and tried again several times, it always end the same way: both gangs attack me even if I carefully help one of them.

I don't really know if it's bug, something not exactly working as it should, or even something they didn't totally finished, or if its just not supposed to work like that at all (and I would call that a missed opportunity to make this game deeper)

View attachment 11134727

MAYBE this was the plan all along. Slowly the AI is becoming self aware.

Most likely theory: a CDPR dev's consciousness was placed inside the code as an engram. Slowly it becomes more aware and complex. Soon th AI will be fully immersive. It was their plan all along. All they needed was our data input patterns.

You think hide in water is a useless skill. You fools. This was always the plan.

I walk round parts of tow doing quests in area and often down sidestreets i have seen little gang fights happen in front of me, never large battles but enough of a shoot out to jump on and kill them all, i find these little gang fights dont show up on the map either

MAYBE this was the plan all along. Slowly the AI is becoming self aware.

Most likely theory: a CDPR dev's consciousness was placed inside the code as an engram. Slowly it becomes more aware and complex. Soon th AI will be fully immersive. It was their plan all along. All they needed was our data input patterns.

You think hide in water is a useless skill. You fools. This was always the plan.
:D good one

The Moxes are displayed as green dots on my minimap, so that would explain their intervention. I remember doing a series of gigs for Regina where you help the Mox bringing down an illegal 'shock' BD ring ran by the Tigers. Maybe that's the reason?

On a side note, a couple of days ago, I was exchanging gunfire with some punks on the opposite side of a trafficked road and I hit a passing car. Normally the car would stop and the occupants would run out and duck but this time a couple of Valentinos came out and attacked me. First time I see this happening and I wasn't able to replicate it afterwards. Anybody?

I think nearby spawns are drawn to persistent gunfire at times. On occasion while fighting a gang, another gang has joined the fray hostile to both parties.

maybe add an advanced mode for pc
where gang members patrol the area instead of standing around

That is pretty cool!

I have not encountered that after roughly 75 hours of gameplay myself. Personally, I love the Mox out of all of the gangs. Tyger Claws and Valentinos come in 2nd and 3rd. The Mox are easily my favorites. I personally want to ride around Night City with the Mox who guards Lizzie's. She seems like she would be a fun NPC to befriend and do various activities with (see screenshots).

But yeah, I wish gang territory was more identifiable and you could have different relationship levels ( like how much Street Cred earned in their territories) with the gangs that allows you to tackle gigs in their territories differently. Half the time I just end up shooting everyone when I try walking into the gig to see what happens.

In a gang fight between Tyger Claws and the Maelstrom, I came in behind Maelstrom and gunned them all down. Then, the Tygers started blazing away at me. I wish there was more street-level interaction with the various gangs. Maybe we will see something down the road about it!

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077_20201221014002.jpg
    Cyberpunk 2077_20201221014002.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 315
  • Cyberpunk 2077_20201221014359.jpg
    Cyberpunk 2077_20201221014359.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
I noticed that not all punks around are eager at the same level to start a fight with you. Sometimes they insult you, draw their weapons, but then they just stay there doing nothing even if their icons are flashing red on the minimap. I don't know if it's tied to Street Cred (logic would dictate that a solo with high street cred would be feared by random street punks unless they're in a large group), a glitch or the game allows several different levels of aggression for NPCs.

Other times, policemen would attack me just because I was a few meters away from them for no reason (I was not scanning them, nor I had any weapon ready at hand): in many cases I was even minding my own business looking elsewhere! In this case, however, felling them doesn't count like a criminal offense.

Top Bottom