The mox helped me in a random fight, I want more of this

+
I noticed that not all punks around are eager at the same level to start a fight with you. Sometimes they insult you, draw their weapons, but then they just stay there doing nothing even if their icons are flashing red on the minimap. I don't know if it's tied to Street Cred (logic would dictate that a solo with high street cred would be feared by random street punks unless they're in a large group), a glitch or the game allows several different levels of aggression for NPCs.
Is this when you are working your way through a building? I noticed that they just stay in their area unless the guards in your vicinity spot and and starting trying to fight you, then the others make their way to you. Sometimes, I take out the guard who was alerted and then stay hidden. Eventually they go back to normal. Then I continue sneaking through the gig.

I do not think this is tied to street cred. I think it depends on how the current situation is handled. However, I will say it does not function smoothly. The guards almost all go auto alert if just one guard in your area is on alert. I would prefer if the game has the guard alert the others. It is reminisce of how the NCPD teleports to you when you commit a crime. The enemies in these areas work along the same auto alert/auto aggro system it seems.

Other times, policemen would attack me just because I was a few meters away from them for no reason (I was not scanning them, nor I had any weapon ready at hand): in many cases I was even minding my own business looking elsewhere! In this case, however, felling them doesn't count like a criminal offense.
That depends on your proximity to the police. If you are too close, they start to get a little aggressive. If you do not move they actually get aggro.

I noticed that not all punks around are eager at the same level to start a fight with you. Sometimes they insult you, draw their weapons, but then they just stay there doing nothing even if their icons are flashing red on the minimap. I don't know if it's tied to Street Cred (logic would dictate that a solo with high street cred would be feared by random street punks unless they're in a large group), a glitch or the game allows several different levels of aggression for NPCs.

Other times, policemen would attack me just because I was a few meters away from them for no reason (I was not scanning them, nor I had any weapon ready at hand): in many cases I was even minding my own business looking elsewhere! In this case, however, felling them doesn't count like a criminal offense.

Yeah - Night City cops are always on edge.

This comes back to everyone wanting a faction system, but if you help them out a lot, it should allow to get up and close without them freaking out.

Could even expand to smaller quests - such as if there was something that just happened, a murder or something they can ask you to go see what you can find. That holographic playback tech that appears precisely once that I've seen, could be really cool for that.

well, i was doing part of the barry quest chain (think that was his name, the vending machine) and i was attacked by a delinquent who had a spray can, the cops started shooting at me as soon as i hit him back, had to kill the beat cops, then swat, and finally maxtac too. (luckally i was level 50 with a bunch of legendary gear and weapons) the streets were filled with bodies that day.

Last edited:
I've had Maelstrom turn up to fights they were not part of in their part of town and random Tygers join fights in areas controlled by them.

Yesterday I had 2 bouncers and a couple of Valentinos get involved in a fight with a cyberpsycho... was not a fun time.

Then of course there are the Hostile Situations (flashing stars on the mini-map), where sometimes you can fight just one side and other times the side you helped gets mad you helped them apparently and decides they should kill you as well. (Really annoying when you helped the cops...)

I had nearby cops assist a gang I was fighting too, police corruption :p

There is definitely a corrupt beat cop that hangs with his 2 Tyger buddies on a corner, and the 3 of them will come to the aid of a local Tyger nest if you take too long to put them down or have some stray shots get onto the street.

In shootouts with scavs Maelstrom sometimes take my side and VDB took scav side once (i wrote it down to the fucked up ecosystem they're running, if i'm messing with anything except Animals they're either neutral or not happy)

People can hate on FO4 all they want. But that game fucking NAILED world faction battles taking place. Most epic fight being me kiting a mirelurk queen into a base of super mutants that were fighting the BoS in a vertibird. Then some raiders joined in as well. So it was 4 factions doing this MASSIVE epic battle with me in the middle of it.

I really hoped for that /w cyberpunk. Faction battles taking place. I suspect that maybe this is just one of the many things they probably wanted to implement, but couldn't - as they were already struggling getting everything they wanted into the game.

I've had Maelstrom turn up to fights they were not part of in their part of town and random Tygers join fights in areas controlled by them.

Yesterday I had 2 bouncers and a couple of Valentinos get involved in a fight with a cyberpsycho... was not a fun time.

Then of course there are the Hostile Situations (flashing stars on the mini-map), where sometimes you can fight just one side and other times the side you helped gets mad you helped them apparently and decides they should kill you as well. (Really annoying when you helped the cops...)

There is definitely a corrupt beat cop that hangs with his 2 Tyger buddies on a corner, and the 3 of them will come to the aid of a local Tyger nest if you take too long to put them down or have some stray shots get onto the street.
When I met Dex for the first time, there was a major gun battle happening across the street between the Tygers and the Cops. I flanked the Tygers and ended up getting blasted by the cops. It was quite shocking really.

Not sure if it's intended or yet another instance of people's games behaving differently, but I saw this happen A LOT while exploring Pacifica. I would be walking around, looking for loot or whatever and suddenly a pack of Animals would spawn offscreen, then they'd cross paths with a group of scavs and "AWOOO" they went, and the scavs went "CYKA BLYAT" in return. Shit, there were instances of me walking over to complete organized crime zones or assaults in progress only to see a pack of Animals rush in before I could even draw my weapons, really made me stop and say "Yo shit's always going down in Pacifica" to myself. Interestingly enough, Voodoo Boys seem to always keep to themselves and their controlled areas rather than engaging in crazy turf wars
Post automatically merged:

At this time I thought "well, they didn't gave any difference to any gang members, it must be only a cosmetic difference, they are just "enemies" so for them this Animals dead is like one of them", and I still think it is what happened, but if it was because Tyger Claws and Animals have friendly relationship this kind of things would become great.

Not sayig this is what happened in your game but just wanna add that Animals are not a normal gang in that they do not have any specifically defined turf or even structured leadership unlike, say, the Tyger Claws who function a lot like Yakuza/Triads. They mostly just hire themselves out to whoever's paying them and that's that, at most they'll control things like gyms and fight clubs where they train.
Seems to me that to be an Animal you just have to say you are one and work out a lot, maybe make friends with other Animals that frequent your local gym and done, you're part of the gang. Compare this to the Valentinos, whom only recruit Heywood natives (Recruitment is possibly latino exclusive too), or Maelstrom requiring members to be "initiated" by having their custom optics installed with no anesthetic.

Last edited:
Thing is, I've helped police in shootouts several times. And they've never touched me. They've scolded me after saving their hides, yes, but not actually atacked me. Not even when I looted bodies right and left afterwards(including police killed by gangmembers). :beer:

Top Bottom