The Music in CP77 is amazing!

+
The atmosphere of the game is just impressive to me everytime I get in, one huge piece of this is the awesome work done for the music

The Soundtrack is really impressive - lots of depth, and feeling - you can really pull emotions out of a lot of the tracks when you hear them

Also the amount of artists who contributed music to this game for the radio stations is really cool, I even found some artists I follow now outside of CP77 - Particularly Le Destroy ("Pain" and "Violence" on Vexelstrom, and "Kill Kill" Night FM) and gotta love RTJ and Baron Black (Ratatata!)

Its fun to flip through the channels and see what you get sometimes!

unless its Konrad and some one who collaborated with him... please don't pay him anymore... i deleted everything with that dudes name on it from the CP77 song list in my phone
Konrad has this "song" called "tatted on my face"

I cant express how awful this "song" is

the "lyrics" are... embarrassing

Like this

"tatted on my face, tatted on my face, yeah. i dont give a fuck, I'll say it to your face"

1st in Night City no one cares your face has tats, so why this is a stand out feature for a song based on the universe I cant understand - because its not, its just bad writing from a current "artist" that they put over a track and submitted to cdpr

2nd... rhymed face, with face. three times... in a row... i actually feel embarrassed when i hear it...

I need a mod to remove Konrad from cp77...

I don't like it. Not enough variety.

I cut my cyberpunk teeth on Shadowrun in the early 90s, plus I'm an 80s kid and the genre got some of its best installments then.
As such, in my world, cyberpunk isn't screaming, angry metal... it's New Wave and Synth Wave. Electronic music (but not EDM).
But in CP2077, aside from the smooth jazz station, most of them sound pretty much the same. Even the Pacific Dreams station, which kiiiiiind of sounds like the music I described, still doesn't get it right.

I think CDPR should add a custom playlist option so we can make radio stations out of our own MP3s. Wouldn't be the first game to do it, and it would help set the atmosphere so much better for those of us whose cyberpunk experiences are from another time. Like when the PnP version of Cyberpunk was new.

or at least like watchdogs made it... i just love the fact that you could make your own playlist out of various genres you gathered with an shazam like app on your phone. i also pretty much like the feature you can play your songs/playlist where ever you want if freeroaming, in vehicles or even in missions. that was on of the best features in WD2 for me. CP should also improve their music system - like u suggested with custom playlists or any other fresh idea. ^^

In my world, a cyberpunk setting sounds like this:
Or this:

Heck, that entire YouTube channel sounds more cyberpunk to me than the music in CP2077.

In my world, a cyberpunk setting sounds like this:
Or this:

Heck, that entire YouTube channel sounds more cyberpunk to me than the music in CP2077.
I'm going to get straight in there and recommend The Digital Blonde to you. He's been making music for ages but his most recent two albums: Neon & Neon 2 are 100% this kind of thing. He's even got N3on on its way soon-ish. They're a bit more dancefloor-y than what you posted but no excessively so.

I genuinely wish that CDPR had contracted him for some of CP2077's soundtrack, I'm sure he'd have jumped at the chance too.

I'm going to get straight in there and recommend The Digital Blonde to you.

To the Internet Machine! Away! **fwoosh**

**fwoosh** ...and I'm back.

I see what you're saying. Totally.
Mind you, my normal taste in music trends a little more fluffy-bunny than this, but The Digital Blonde's darker sound totally fits with the cyberpunk setting.

So, I guess what I'm saying is: good call. :)

Incidentally, just guessing here... the name is a reference to the band Concrete Blonde?

I cut my cyberpunk teeth on Shadowrun in the early 90s, plus I'm an 80s kid and the genre got some of its best installments then.
As such, in my world, cyberpunk isn't screaming, angry metal... it's New Wave and Synth Wave. Electronic music (but not EDM).
But in CP2077, aside from the smooth jazz station, most of them sound pretty much the same. Even the Pacific Dreams station, which kiiiiiind of sounds like the music I described, still doesn't get it right.

I think CDPR should add a custom playlist option so we can make radio stations out of our own MP3s. Wouldn't be the first game to do it, and it would help set the atmosphere so much better for those of us whose cyberpunk experiences are from another time. Like when the PnP version of Cyberpunk was new.
Does the fact your prefer Shadowrun music indicate that the cp77 music isnt good?
Post automatically merged:

I'm going to get straight in there and recommend The Digital Blonde to you. He's been making music for ages but his most recent two albums: Neon & Neon 2 are 100% this kind of thing. He's even got N3on on its way soon-ish. They're a bit more dancefloor-y than what you posted but no excessively so.

I genuinely wish that CDPR had contracted him for some of CP2077's soundtrack, I'm sure he'd have jumped at the chance too.
This is great stuff! Thanks for the recommendations!

Im primarily a nine inch nails fan above all else and before all others, radio vexelstrom had those Le Destroy releases I couldnt get out of my head when I wasnt playing - ive started exploring more of what the game has to offer musically and really found lots to love

except Konrad Oldmoney.... I think they call him oldmoney because he hasnt made new money in years...

Does the fact your prefer Shadowrun music indicate that the cp77 music isnt good?

I really don't think I said anything even similar to that.

I said things like, "I don't like it," "As such, in my world, cyberpunk isn't screaming, angry metal... ", clearly just my own opinion and descriptions of what I'd prefer.

Also, didn't say anything about "Shadowrun music". I just said "Shadowrun".
I've played the PnP game and read a few of the novels. Don't recall any music from Shadowrun. I'm just saying that, when I was first encountering the cyberpunk genre, the associated music was different.

So the fact that I prefer different music indicates that I prefer different music. Nothing else.

Campaign and combat music... I agree with.
Radio is another matter. Personal taste and all but imo 90% of the radio music is awful.

I really don't think I said anything even similar to that.

I said things like, "I don't like it," "As such, in my world, cyberpunk isn't screaming, angry metal... ", clearly just my own opinion and descriptions of what I'd prefer.

Also, didn't say anything about "Shadowrun music". I just said "Shadowrun".
I've played the PnP game and read a few of the novels. Don't recall any music from Shadowrun. I'm just saying that, when I was first encountering the cyberpunk genre, the associated music was different.

So the fact that I prefer different music indicates that I prefer different music. Nothing else.
So it I said I like it, so you got all fired up and had to let me know how you like shadowrun music because you played it first?

deep thoughts... thanks for contributing

Campaign and combat music... I agree with.
Radio is another matter. Personal taste and all but imo 90% of the radio music is awful.
Check out oldmoney!

So it I said I like it, so you got all fired up and had to let me know how you like shadowrun music because you played it first?

First of all, if you think I was "fired up", well...I don't know how you got that impression, but it's completely, 100% wrong.
Maybe don't project emotion onto text...?

1618596195759.png

And I didn't say "Shadowrun music".
I said my first experience with cyberpunk was Shadowrun.

Then, entirely different point but which you've conflated with "Shadowrun music" somehow, is that the cyberpunk genre hit its stride in the 1980s, and the music associated with the cyberpunk genre was different back then. And, yes, I prefer it that way.

I did not judge you for what you prefer. I didn't say that a tiny, tiny bit.
Everything I said was about me and what I prefer. That's it. Even if I responded to you, your impression that I'm attacking you is just bogglesome. I have no idea where you're getting that.

I think the score really is outstanding, very rarely do I feel the urge to stop whatever I'm doing and listen; the theme that plays at numerous times during Judy's questline (the one that we later hear fully as Bells of Laguna Bend) was where I first sat up and took notice, last time that happened was with Witcher 3's Fields of Ard Skellig.

I do like a good number of the licensed songs, but really hate a lot of them. Initially disliked the radio, but found a couple of channels I liked (Pacific Dreams, Night FM), wish we could make our own in-game "mixtapes".

I can't help but feel that, in many ways, CDPR just plain misjudged their audience.

Looking at the objections to various design and aesthetic decisions--both here and the Steam forums--it seems to me that people wanted something closer to a Bethesda game, and a cyberpunk game that's more 80s style.
I mean, I'm the only one I know who has come out and said it--just now--but putting together a gestalt from what people have said, I think it's not an unreasonable hypothesis.

I believe they made the game they wanted to make, but not the game people wanted to play.
(Yes, I mean some people and not all people; if you love the game, hey, more power to ya. But I think a not-insignificant portion of players think similar things to my own thoughts.)

They didn't misjudge me, more like peeked inside my head in my sleep - music is superb, 90% of the radio stuff is magnificent. But of course this is a purely purely subjective thing, so this thread really is a agree or disagree with the OP then scoot, nowt else to say. For me, tis preem, and the Le Destroy stuff is the preem de la preem (y)

Not only the licensed songs are quality stuff (for the most part), representing different genres for nearly every taste; but the OST really does its job right, and quite often the music perfectly emphasizes the screenplay.

For example, when V and another character are having a heart-to-heart, the soothing tune is utilized to underline the intimity of the moment.

If you choose to
(HEAVY SPOILERS AHEAD!)
betray the Voodoo Boys, just after Alt fries their brains, there's that awesome, tribalesque tune that builds up while V fights his/her way out of VBs' hideout, and reaches its climax during the Placide boss fight. It's an awesome tune, meticulously orchestrated, and it's a pity you get to hear it just one time per playthrough, and only if you do that particular choice. Many players are gonna miss it completely.

I could go on, but you get my point... I really like this game's music. It's very good. Not Shadow-Of-The-Colossus-level-of-awesomeness, but good nonetheless.

I think the score really is outstanding, very rarely do I feel the urge to stop whatever I'm doing and listen; the theme that plays at numerous times during Judy's questline (the one that we later hear fully as Bells of Laguna Bend) was where I first sat up and took notice, last time that happened was with Witcher 3's Fields of Ard Skellig.

I do like a good number of the licensed songs, but really hate a lot of them. Initially disliked the radio, but found a couple of channels I liked (Pacific Dreams, Night FM), wish we could make our own in-game "mixtapes".
mixtapes is a good idea, i know a lot of people want custom music, i think they intended for the music to not be from "our time" i know Le Destroy in interviews has said they specifically asked for no modern references - so mix tape lets you pick, good idea. I would like an option to at least disable konrad

Not only the licensed songs are quality stuff (for the most part), representing different genres for nearly every taste; but the OST really does its job right, and quite often the music perfectly emphasizes the screenplay.

For example, when V and another character are having a heart-to-heart, the soothing tune is utilized to underline the intimity of the moment.

If you choose to
(HEAVY SPOILERS AHEAD!)
betray the Voodoo Boys, just after Alt fries their brains, there's that awesome, tribalesque tune that builds up while V fights his/her way out of VBs' hideout, and reaches its climax during the Placide boss fight. It's an awesome tune, meticulously orchestrated, and it's a pity you get to hear it just one time per playthrough, and only if you do that particular choice. Many players are gonna miss it completely.

I could go on, but you get my point... I really like this game's music. It's very good. Not Shadow-Of-The-Colossus-level-of-awesomeness, but good nonetheless.
i wrote this after giving the ost a good listen, ive listened to and made playlist of all the radio stations i could on apple music

somewhere in there I started listening to front line assembly

then i threw in headphones for the OST and when i finished i wrote the above

They didn't misjudge me, more like peeked inside my head in my sleep - music is superb, 90% of the radio stuff is magnificent. But of course this is a purely purely subjective thing, so this thread really is a agree or disagree with the OP then scoot, nowt else to say. For me, tis preem, and the Le Destroy stuff is the preem de la preem (y)
i wanted to point out the positive work they did on the music (except for konrad...)

(most of the forums... i dont like blah blah, tw3 is better, or GTA comparisons)

The Soundtrack and the Radio are two different pieces

the smooth jazz station is also the only non-original station in the game - that is regular jazz music from our world

the stations i dont think can all fit into one genre (and all be new wave or synth) they needed to be diverse and feel like they where made in the time frame of the game with roots in music we are familiar with now (which i think they did pretty good on)

the audio atmosphere of the game is balanced between story driven music, and the radio stations playing all over the city
OST is pretty flawless, there are a few misses on the radio but overall the more ive listened to them out of game the more i appreciate them in game which is fun

So when you say you dont like it because its not diverse, is that the ost is not diverse? the radio stations are not diverse?

Last edited:
Two others that I find really good :
At the start of "Ghost Town", when you go with Panam to the aldecaldos camp. Amazing :)
And i don't know why, but the soundtrack of the Quadracer Arcade, i love it.

Top Bottom