The Nerf Hammer

+
DRK3;n10188132 said:
I hope they nerf the rez chains that SC and NG are getting. They should not be able to do any chains if SK cant do them either.

And pretty much everything in NG needs a nerf, from the Viper Witchers to some reveal cards. I am still waiting for a nerf to Venendal Elite - why should a bronze be able to target Golds when even most Silvers cant do that?

Yeah it's weird that they won't allow Spotters to target golds but the elites can. /-:

OG.laloquaint;n10188572 said:
I agree. The problem itself is in Tremors and not Ithline.
The problem with that is the game has very few bronze spells.

As for the nerfs...no idea. Dwarves aren't as strong as advertised, Consume is counterable with removals (one of my decks is just that - removals and Consume doesn't stand a chance) but who the hell would run those if you can just solitaire for high value, Skellige is... meh? but that's because base strength can't get you the value of buffs, atm, etc.

What I would like to see is the bronze card power creep reduction. That's just silly.

Riven-Twain;n10188722 said:
Ay, unfortunately, I've not had much luck with them since the Update.
Really? They can get you to GM, maybe not anymore but they're definitely tier 1 deck.

oOxhaosOo;n10186832 said:
... it would be nice if Nova and Shup get down to 20 points.

How the hell? Please, explain to me.

About Dorfs I would suggest something like: make them do 4 DMG and STR by 2 if the unit was not killed.

HenryGrosmont;n10188762 said:
Really? They can get you to GM, maybe not anymore but they're definitely tier 1 deck.
Ah, so I hear. However, I stubbornly insist on playing them my way, which is -- of course -- eccentric, old-fashioned, and not likely to win often. (I'm still hovering just below rank 18 this time around.)

Kingoko;n10187342 said:
Imo if buffing then only card like Cyprian etc, that are not used at all. But overall we need some nerf cause power creep is the last thing any game want. Bronzes should be worth as much as few months earlier imo or at least nerfed some a bit.

Cyprian was nerfed bro. I used him to kill ambushes, now he cant.
:mean:

Pruny;n10188992 said:
Cyprian was nerfed bro. I used him to kill ambushes, now he cant.
:mean:

Almost no one played him when he was able to do that. In general, the buff to weaken by 4 makes him a lot more useful now.

Zjiin;n10187492 said:
[SNIP] Ithlines design in itself is fairly problematic... [/SNIP]

OG.laloquaint;n10188572 said:
I agree. The problem itself is in Tremors and not Ithline.

The problem is that Quen bronze spell was removed this patch rather than any change to Ithlinne or Tremors. Prior to this patch I never used Ithlinne in combo with Tremors, Thunder or weather (which she can also pull if your deck is so equipped) but rather with Quen spell on my own cards (which IMHO was her primary usage in ST decks rather than as a damage dealer) so she was hardly ever an issue for other players.

As Quen was removed and not replaced by any other suitable bronze spell, she's taken on this role of dishing out Tremors/Thunder x2, which I agree can be problematic for other players, but which I hope will be fixed with either addition of bronze spells for use on own cards or re-introduction of Quen, but it really is a situation that could have been foreseen.

Gość

Ciri:Nova isn't fine, it's easy win condition that won't get restarted by Root or anything. They should make her buff real (glow green) so she can be countered. Broken as hell.

Nekkers should get a timer.

Ciri: Nova is perfectly fine. The card limits your deck building and offers a measly +10 str in comparison to vanilla Geralt (which is never played).

NG can easily play 30+ str with one card on an empty board. What would you nerf there? Cahir, Calveit, Vilgefortz, Vesemir, Mandrake or ointments?

pthieu1986;n10187442 said:
The nekkers need a solution too. Their carryover is ridiculous. If you don't play NG with Sweers, you have a very low chance to win against them. The Immune ability is a real joke. I don't like it at all.

Nekkers should be changed back to 3 str. Or the game needs another change so you could banish nekkers with Mordroeme.

Balance issue is mainly in the insane amount of bronze power creep. Lots of them can easily do 14 PTS with little set up. That elf that play a random unit, viper Witcher, slave driver, agitator etc. When not many silvers are able to get you much more than that. Some gold are stuck at Worthing about 17 points or less at the moment, meaning I have been mulliganing my gold and silver away on some decks I was using to get daily quests... That ain't right really. Now a days, only gold that's worth running needs to get you 20+ PTS. Coral and lugos are nearly useless now. Tibor can actually lose you points (25 PTS is not worth 2 bronzes these days). The bronze power creep to me is the biggest problem and needs to be brought back down. Or all gold needs to worth at least 20. This also means NR, which can mostly do about 12 per bronze is falling behind quite a bit. And monsters have the worst bronze right now. So need trickery with consume to stay in the game. Sg revive with bear etc is ok, but their gold is suffering etc. I just hope they balance everything a bit better after tomorrow.

KingPegasus As you said all bronzes need global nerf (some of them more drastic, some less)
Silvers and golds need balance. In my opinion all low tempo cards need buff too and high tempo needs nerf in general.

OG.laloquaint;n10186542 said:
So there's an update coming soon. What cards do you guys think will get nerfed? My bet is on dwarves but I reaaaally want Ciri: Nova to decrease in power. Doubt that will happen though.

Ciri needs to be nerfed. Such a cheap win with no skill involved in it's play.

SHALLAHJUSTICE;n10191742 said:
Ciri needs to be nerfed. Such a cheap win with no skill involved in it's play.

I smell filthy Bruver main here. Sure, vanilla Geralt+10 str who castrates all 25 other cards needs nerf more than 17str bronze dwarfs or 30+ power double tremors/Yorveth or same 25str trial of grasses

I diden't say she was the only card that needed nerfing, just the one that i find the most cheap to use as a win condition.

I play filthy SK btw.

Gość

SHALLAHJUSTICE;n10192042 said:
I diden't say she was the only card that needed nerfing, just the one that i find the most cheap to use as a win condition.

I play filthy SK btw.

Dwarves are filthy atm. You can outplay Skellige just fine.

Top Bottom