The new card drop format is a real turn-off. It's pay to win.

+
I haven't wanted to pay for the new card drops. A lot of decks have these new cards and they generally slaughter me. Hopefully this December the game will FINALLY make kegs available for purchase with gold for all this year's new card drops.

CDPR is going really hard too on 'encouraging' people to spend money on this game. I get that. But it's not any fun for me. Sure, if you want to destroy your resources you could get these new cards. E.g. using heaps of gold to buy the generic kegs, hoping you'll get lucky with these new cards. Or crafting. But both of these options would require you to spend a Hell of a lot of time playing the game in order to build up your resources. I'm not prepared to do that.

Ideally the game should revert to having new card drops be available as a specific keg type to purchase with gold not long after they have been released to cash purchasers.

Like I say, it really feels like pay to win at the moment and the unbalanced nature of the new cards makes it quite miserable playing against people who have these new cards. Yeah, the devs will make changes to balance out the bad card features. Eventually.

You can simply create the cards using scraps instead. A mere 1220 scraps gets you all the new cards from one faction.
And at 5 scraps per gg (unless you get ore instead) and maybe one reward point per day, that “mere 1220 scraps” can take a new player weeks to accumulate. Then you assume that the new player actually owns cards appropriate to form a viable deck with the four bronze and two gold cards they create.

The developers ARE generous with resources compared to most games, but the inability to reliably get new cards in kegs makes maintaining viable decks much harder than when I started.

And even this wouldn’t be an issue if the new cards were less dominant. Unlike when I started, it is now impossible to remain viable without incorporating new cards into a deck. But when one Renfri in deck is better than 5 Olaf’s, new players really can’t settle for good older cards.

Until you have all the cards to climb and without getting bored playing one faction, I suggest playing seasonal.
1. They are usually shorter matches in which you can gain a single crown per game (most of the time).
2. You don't always need the latest cards to win.
3. It is not the ladder where you will face the top decks.
4. Easier to fulfill contracts which will get you more keys. My big mistake was not utilizing the contracts better.

More keys + more crowns + more GG + more contracts will move you along quicker.

Until you have all the cards to climb and without getting bored playing one faction, I suggest playing seasonal.
1. They are usually shorter matches in which you can gain a single crown per game (most of the time).
2. You don't always need the latest cards to win.
3. It is not the ladder where you will face the top decks.
4. Easier to fulfill contracts which will get you more keys. My big mistake was not utilizing the contracts better.

More keys + more crowns + more GG + more contracts will move you along quicker.
Hey I am trying to figure out the Contracts system. I'm fairly new to the game, and really have no idea what to do with Contracts specifically, in regards to tracking them and/or utilizing them efficiently is that even a thing? Does it matter which ones you Track?

Hey I am trying to figure out the Contracts system. I'm fairly new to the game, and really have no idea what to do with Contracts specifically, in regards to tracking them and/or utilizing them efficiently is that even a thing? Does it matter which ones you Track?

Just check out what the rewards are for different contracts and then track the ones with rewards that are doable for you or you would like to collect. I'm now just interested in rewards for keys or things like cardbacks and coins. I'm tracking a few faction challenge contracts but these haven't been a thing for years now and aren't likely to be ever again, so I'm probably wasting my time doing that.

Some contracts aren't appealing to me at all, e.g. sending 100,000 GGs, if that's a thing or performing an action a ridiculous number of times. If one of those has a good reward and I'm nearing a milestone in one of them with a good reward, I might track it and then untrack it once the milestones become ridiculous or the rewards aren't worth it.

I'm tracking a few faction challenge contracts but these haven't been a thing for years now and aren't likely to be ever again, so I'm probably wasting my time doing that.

You can do them right now, during the Winter event.

Top Bottom