The new forum look

+
CoconutChriss;n7016950 said:
And I can't even change it. On the Witcher Forum I ALWAYS have the white HoS design...it doesn't matter what I pick in the options menu.
Changing it through the profile doesn't seem to work at the moment. Did you try to change it from under where you write your forum posts?

The profile font doesn't support an eth/Ð and that's probably my biggest issue with the "upgrade". Whether it's hard to read or not, my profile name has been -gently handled- without my permission.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody... I was AFK for two months... Then I come back today and... I'm shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The new design is not my problem. It's just a design! But WTF!!! Where are my groups?! And my friends?! That's not really funny, because some guys and me had invested a lot of time and work in our group "Shanis grandmother"!!! It was a really nice place here in this forum!!! And now?! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Thank you CDPR!!! You game is awesome in a excellent way, but your community starts to be awesome in a terryfying way!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Welcome back, Boromir2015 ! If it's any consolation, while you were out your group friends were looking for you. (They were rather worried, in fact -- even had a running count of the days you were missing in action.) Groups were removed for technical reasons related to the new engine. As Marcin_Momot stated above, the new engine also brought some other changes with it, and the loss of friend lists was apparently one of them. I'm sorry for this unexpected surprise, and any inconvenience it has caused you.

TudorAdrian;n7081310 said:
um...why is this in the modding section?
Thanks for catching that. Yet another little technical eccentricity of the new Forums. Things sometimes. . . move. Thread, hopefully, back where it belongs.

Last edited:
Riven-Twain Thanks for your comment... Yes, I was a long time AFK... Mea culpa! Mea maxima culpa! ;) The real life and the price I must pay for it sometimes... It's nice to hear that the groups and (perhaps) the friend list will be removed one day... ;)

No Title

Well the new design is something that you'll just have to get used to it, but one thing that really is a problem for me is the hard to read small font size that some people are using especially long sticky post.

I don't know why but in the picture it looks a bit bigger.

Example. http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum...aq-no-spoilers

Attachments

• photo84210.png
    photo84210.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Lol Whoa!! Yeah.. it's super bright in here.. Aaaah!!
Anyways.. I missed this place a bit, I feel like I worked here for a good 3 years since 2013.
I didn't forget about you CDPR Team and all the kickass gamers on here, you're all the best. ;)
\m/ And now I'm back to creating some new worthwhile music \m/
I bet CP2077 is going to rule tho.. can't wait :)

Good to hear from you ONLY_ONCE . Post a link to your music in the community now listening thread when it's finished. I would love to hear it. I would have posted my crappy demos from back in the day ... but they're crappy demos.

Last edited:

I agree with the others.

The new "Heart of Stone" layout for the forum is way too bright and unpleasant to the eye.
While the "Blood and Wine" layout is better, it doesn't feel very inviting.

To give some constructive criticism:

I'd prefer a skin with wooden panels to create a more immersive Witcher atmosphere,
instead of something technical and cold.

But the color scheme in the Gwent section of the forum seems to be done just right
and something similar but distinctive would also be sufficient.

What do you all think ? Let me know.

ONLY_ONCE;n7150960 said:
Lol Whoa!! Yeah.. it's super bright in here.. Aaaah!!
Anyways.. I missed this place a bit, I feel like I worked here for a good 3 years since 2013.
I didn't forget about you CDPR Team and all the kickass gamers on here, you're all the best. ;)
\m/ And now I'm back to creating some new worthwhile music \m/
I bet CP2077 is going to rule tho.. can't wait :)

Welcome back. :cheers:

EmperorZorn;n7164050 said:
I'd prefer a skin with wooden panels
Well, for what it's worth, I rather like the idea. A sort of rustic tavern ambience, perhaps, with weathered woodwork and ornate moulding? (There's naught like a bit of fine old moulding.)

To login and switch to darker layout EVERY time I visit the forum is so far the worse thing and I think it makes people post even less messages on this forum because of this. Because they can't even read the messages. Did you check how the forum looks on mobile phones?

The forum is just broken mess and looks bad. :(

Last edited:
Well I'm just happy I can post again, when they changed to the new look, my original account dissapeared. I was last able to post early October, I made a new account, but once I put the password in the site just would hang and not redirect me into the forums. Today is the first time I can post again. Shame I lost all my badges and such, but hey, atleast I can partake again. The forum, yup it's very white, I have to keep turning down my iPads brighnes when I come here to read

Also, where is the off topic chat section, the one where we talk about other games and where that Hairy Bear thread was. I can't seem to locate that section ?

Last edited:
Potestaquisitor;n7198570 said:
Shame I lost all my badges and such, but hey, atleast I can partake again. The forum, yup it's very white, I have to keep turning down my iPads brighnes when I come here to read

Also, where is the off topic chat section, the one where we talk about other games and where that Hairy Bear thread was. I can't seem to locate that section ?

For brightness, you can change theme to darker Blood And Wine under where you write your posts. Or at the lower part of the forum page. There is a box which lets you choose between HoS and BAW.

You can access to Community either by clicking "Forums" (it gives you other options too, but just click the Forums) at the top left corner of the page and then choosing Community "box" from the main forum page (you may need to scroll down a bit). Or you can use this link :)

Sorry about your old account being lost. Can you tell more details about how it disappeared and what was the name of that account?

Last edited:
Gilthoniel;n7185700 said:
To login and switch to darker layout EVERY time I visit the forum is so far the worse thing and I think it makes people post even less messages on this forum because of this.

I also think that after the redesign less people started to visit the forum.
The worst thing is now only half as many threads fit on a single page.

Marcin_Momot;n7164100 said:
Welcome back. :cheers:

Thank You... For Real Tho.. You guys inspire me a lot, I mean that.
So.. Go hear some of my (Rough) Song Ideas that I have done all alone just these past few months, I got a lot to do tho.. if I wanna make them Great Lol. ;) https://soundcloud.com/user-623549028/lord-of-the-dance if I can't post this here sorry, and if MOD's take it down, I will understand, and I will PM you.. cause honest, I'm not trying to self promote, I just wanted to share what I just came up with, I know it's not perfect, but it's a start :)

Last edited:
Rawls;n7153260 said:
Good to hear from you ONLY_ONCE . Post a link to your music in the community now listening thread when it's finished. I would love to hear it. I would have posted my crappy demos from back in the day ... but they're crappy demos.

Bawhahaa.. Thanks, I just got this, I'll see if I can find my way to that part of the site, cuz I'd love to share some of my crappy demos!! Lol
Hey, I got potential ;) "Toot-Toot."

Last edited:
Top Bottom