The new forum skin and formatting...

+

Anyway, how can I subscribe to topics in the new forum?

--- Updated 03-11-16, 18:36 ---

Ah, I see. It's cut out by the adblock plus, because it has class ##.follow-btn

Last edited:
Really don't like it. Am I on the mobile site or something? The page layout is really weird. The OP is pinned to the top of the page. And the rest of the posts are layed out from most recent post at the top to oldest post at the bottom. At first, it always defaulted to the first page of the thread before I fixed it in my options. That was really obnoxious. When I try to set the preferred background type in my options (Hearts Of Stone, Cyberpunk, etc) it doesn't save. It also doesn't save when I try to set the number of posts per page. Scrolling through 30 page threads is annoying.

Riven-Twain , I know you are the one who coded this. This place has been going downhill ever since you became a mod. #NotTheRealMarkTwain #De-ModRiven #VivaLaRevolution

edit: Forgot a few complaints. For some reason, everyone's profile pics have disappeared since yesterday. What has happened?! Is CDPR doing this just to !@#$ with us? First the U.S. Election and now THIS? This is too much for me to handle in one week.

edit2: And why does the Hair Bear only have 34 pages now? Who deleted the rest? They were meant to be documented for posterity! Future generations will never know what happened in there.

Last edited:
I'm gonna join you guys. I don't like the new look, the changes add more confusion than aesthetic value, and it's very hard to use on mobile (small desktop version looks like, very hard to read what I type).

This should probably have gone in the Hairy Bear, but I can't get it to load.

I'm out of here. Not specifically because of the new look and feel, but definitely because, despite now being on the second working day after it happened, there hasn't been a single post from CDPR themselves explaining anything, soothing people down, explaining stuff. Nothing. Zilch.

I've felt for a long time that the forums are CDPR's unloved child, that they exist because it's expected rather than because they actually want a Witcher-loving community to exist on their site. I didn't expect them to tell everyone what their deep dark secrets are, or answer any question asked by Gilrond-i-Virdan, but I wish they could at least remember sometimes that the forums exist, and to take some kind of interest in them. I don't think they do, and that's one of the main reasons I stopped being a moderator - it was hard to continue to put a lot of effort into this community when they didn't.

Maybe they should just do a Bioware and close the forums down.

So it's rage quit time. See you all, maybe, when the CP forums liven up.

Can't say that I'm too jazzed about the new layout either.
Insta-rage-quitting just because CDPR isn't adressing issues fast enough seems a little over-reactionary (if that's even a word) though.

Patience, young padawans.

I really don't like this either. You won't be seeing me on here for quite a while until they get this sorted out.

I think it's a problem when the functionality of the forums, not just the look and feel, changes so often. As you can see I've been around here for a while and this is at least the fourth iteration of the forums I've seen. And everytime, EVERYTIME, there have been a ton of issues that CDPR seems to sweep under the rug. When TW2 was released, there no forums at all for a few months! I came here to talk about the Witcher originally, but stayed because I liked the community. However, we can only talk so much about the Witcher before moving on to other topics, such as life and other games, which is why the community section is probably (one of) the most active for the oldest members. Now considering how little CDPR interacts with us, this is barely a Witcher (or CDPR for that matter) forum anymore. We might as well discuss the same things anywhere else and still receive the same amount of input from game devs.

So, now seriously CDPR. What does this place have to offer? You keep making unnecessary, unexplained changes and don't really participate in discussions. I am not very active anymore and it seems others will do the same too. Soon we'll have a deserted community with only a few meandering, tormented spirits. Maybe then it will be more interesting for us Witcher fans.

Might be wise if we all add each other on steam. If anyone's interested, my steam name is Irishman1989. We have to keep this community alive somehow after all.

Pretty much all what you guys have said. Also some threads may or may not load (mostly old ones) and I still can't find how to edit posts. Whatever. Will wait for a bit, don't know what to do at the moment, don't want to left this community suddenly.

Dragonbird;n6875130 said:
I've felt for a long time that the forums are CDPR's unloved child, that they exist because it's expected rather than because they actually want a Witcher-loving community to exist on their site. I didn't expect them to tell everyone what their deep dark secrets are, or answer any question asked by Gilrond-i-Virdan, but I wish they could at least remember sometimes that the forums exist, and to take some kind of interest in them. I don't think they do, and that's one of the main reasons I stopped being a moderator - it was hard to continue to put a lot of effort into this community when they didn't.

Haha. The forum just reflects CDPR's attitude towards the community - indifference. I stopped paying attention to it, and honestly I don't care much about CDPR these days. Somehow I doubt they'll improve with CP2077.

I also remember Eri94 saying, he is basically the only one taking care of the forum, and he is overburdened already (since it's probably far from his only task) so he can't cope with that.

Last edited:
I hate it. It's less efficient, more confusing to use, hard on the eyes and logs me out even more than the last forum did. I don't understand. Why change something that was working into something that's broken, then spend lots of time getting the new thing to work? At least the Cyberpunk forum looks decent.

Last edited:
Phinnway;n6872270 said:
Riven-Twain , I know you are the one who coded this. #NotTheRealMarkTwain #De-ModRiven #VivaLaRevolution
Hah hah hah hah hah! How did you know? Ah, infamy at last. How marvellous.

Rather dubious jests aside, I can genuinely sympathise with your and others' reactions here. However, honestly, I fear I can't offer much in the way of consolation. For what it may be worth, none of the changes related to these new Forums' layout were my call. If the chore of preparing them had been left to me, who knows what might have befallen. (Probably none of the doors would open, and there'd be a load of gibberish about Griggs and Dice Poker.) Since I'm neither a coder, nor a web-designer -- and since even my luck with common or garden computer programmes generally ends in disasters involving dead systems -- it's most likely for the better that the REDs didn't ask me to handle this one. Sorry to disappoint, but I'm afraid you'll just have to direct your pitchforks elsewhere.

(Incidentally, as the result of my dependably rotten luck, my computer has been down for two weeks, so this rather abrupt change was a surprise even to me. I'm still merely attempting to catch up on all the conversations. . . .*Sigh*)

Alan989 For sure. I've tried adding you before, in fact. But couldn't find you. My steam name is Finnway. My profile pic is a mouse. You can also find me on AutumnalWanderer's, EliHarel's, or ReptilePZ's freindlist. We ought to make a Steam group for these forums, in fact.

edit: also, for some reason quote isn't working again. *sigh*

Last edited:
Garrison72;n6878940 said:
I hate it. It's less efficient, more confusing to use, hard on the eyes and logs me out even more than the last forum did. I don't understand. Why change something that was working into something that's broken, then spend lots of time getting the new thing to work? At least the Cyberpunk forum looks decent.
This takes some time to get used to, yes :D

I'm starting to like this BAW skin more and more as I use it in PC, but HoS skin looks better in phone.

"Never change a running system"

I am sorry but the new Forum skin and layout scares me off a lot right now. I just can't use the Forum anymore.

Top Bottom