The New Stuff (PC Version)

+
The New Stuff (PC Version)

Watching the presentation, I saw an entirely new segment set in Loc Muinne, that could only be happening post-game, sort of like a mini, post-game, canonical DLC.

Can the developers confirm or deny this?

All I saw was the epilogue if you sided with Iorveth and never helped Triss. However, there were quite a few different things about Loc Muinne. The piles of corpses, the impaled mages, that little animation of Letho playing with that crystal and the animation of the soldiers harassing the mage. And I don't remember Nilfgaardian troops coming out around the corner like they did in the presentation. Otherwise all the layout of Loc Muinne was exactly the same, so I don't think there was any footage of the DLC content.

And I don't think there were as many people in Loc Muinne as there were in even one of those piles of corpses.

The additional 4 hours of quests will take place mostly in Loc Muinne, so the 3rd chapter is more complete (many of us thought that 3rd act was too short and abruptly ended).

Awesome,

I was really hoping threy would do something like this.... and they did! Looking forward to it.

In fact they didn't specify whether these 4 hours will refer to DLC or to an updates main storyline. I remember the line TWO NEW ADVENTURES, which more likely means DLC.

konros said:
In fact they didn't specify whether these 4 hours will refer to DLC or to an updates main storyline. I remember the line TWO NEW ADVENTURES, which more likely means DLC.
That's certainly what happened with the two new adventures that were included in the Enhanced Edition of the FIRST Witcher game -- the main game was not lengthened; instead we got "The Price of Neutrality" and "Side Effects," two stand-alone short stories that took a couple of hours apiece to play.

Wrong. They did specify that the new quests will take plays during the 3ed act. There will be no stand alone, separate scenarios.

I've read they've modified the UI for for console version. But it was already designed for consoles and needed some spiffing up imo. Will PC users get an improved menu system as well?

(yes would be the correct answer)

I remember before launch of a promise by CD Projekt RED about continuing support for TW2 and a stream of DLC. They even showed good faith on this by releasing the troll DLC quite early, but I haven't seen anything since. Now I've read that the 360 version is getting 4+ hours of new content, this may be a dumb question and it may have already been answered but is that promise going to be filled, is that DLC for the 360 coming to the PC version? If so is it going to be free or will I need to buy the enhanced edition?

Aver

Forum veteran
Yes. They will release free patch for PC version. You will get the same content that will have X360 version.

fosplus said:
I remember before launch of a promise by CD Projekt RED about continuing support for TW2 and a stream of DLC. They even showed good faith on this by releasing the troll DLC quite early, but I haven't seen anything since. Now I've read that the 360 version is getting 4+ hours of new content, this may be a dumb question and it may have already been answered but is that promise going to be filled, is that DLC for the 360 coming to the PC version? If so is it going to be free or will I need to buy the enhanced edition?
We got update 2.0 with the arena for free, and the upcoming stuff for Xbox360 will also be free for pc on April 17th.

Aver

Forum veteran
slimgrin said:
I've read they've modified the UI for for console version. But it was already designed for consoles and needed some spiffing up imo. Will PC users get an improved menu system as well?

(yes would be the correct answer)

I read on Polish site that PC will get everything including improved UI. Only thing that is not confirmed for PC is redesigned controls for pad.

And also, in the new xbox screenshots, you can see new places, like the forest with the deer, and king radovid's boat (or atleast that's what i think) so maybe these new quests could be before reaching loc muine...

And also, in the new xbox screenshots, you can see new places, like the forest with the deer, and king radovid's boat (or atleast that's what i think) so maybe these new quests could be before reaching loc muine...

Could be, who knows ? Can't wait to play it, and see the new locations and do the new quests. :D

Aver said:
I read on Polish site that PC will get everything including improved UI. Only thing that is not confirmed for PC is redesigned controls for pad.
Thanks for letting us know what they're saying on the Polish side!

fosplus said:

It also sounds as though you really need to update your game, if you've missed the DLCs that have already been released since the troll quest. (Sackful of Fluff, Arena, Dark Mode)

gregski said:
The additional 4 hours of quests will take place mostly in Loc Muinne, so the 3rd chapter is more complete (many of us thought that 3rd act was too short and abruptly ended).

CDPR continues to be awesome. Every time I play, I can't help but think how we have two chapters full of sidequests and then the last one is just the minigames and finishing a few quests that started earlier. Knowing that it's in Loc Muinee is really cool.

konros said:

In this vid (polish) Adam Badowski says the new content is woven into the story, not separate like the two additional TW1 quests.

Top Bottom