The new The Witcher site

+
The new The Witcher site

The first change is of course the fact that we have two sites now: flash one presenting the game and ‘community corner’, the place for all of you players. It’s this community site that we hope will soon become the meeting place for the Witcher Fans from all over the world. We ensure you – there will be lots of interesting things going on here!There are also some facts concerning the new portal available in an interview with the authors of thiswhole commotion – Bitterlix (crew responsible for the flash site) and Janek Molak (community site).Also today you will find many new, interesting materials here, so be sure to drop by from time to time! Welcome aboard! “Work in Progress” movieThe latest “The Witcher” trailer made by Platige Image turned out to be an outstanding success (couple of hundred thousands downloads at Gametrailers.com!) and met your very warm welcome(over 1000 comments on www.thewitcher.com alone Uśmiech ). We got loads of e-mails with you asking us to show something more that would be connected with intro andoutro of “The Witcher” game.We’ve decided therefore to give you access to Platige Image’s production materials. The “Work in Progress” movie is a scratch material which reveals quite a lot and for persistent viewersand Witcher Fans may become a great treat! You can find it hereNew art materialsWe invite you to our concept art gallery – you will find three completely new pieces of art from the game – a wolfsketch and two drawings of knights in Redania and Temeria colours. We haven’t shown any new sketches for a long time so they’re worth a look!

I think both sites look awesome! Changing time of the day on the flash site is something I don't think I've seen anywhere else.Great job CDPR!

Yep, awesome, and I can' tell how much I grateful for the community site (html is real boon for me!) ;)

Daerdin said:
I think both sites look awesome! Changing time of the day on the flash site is something I don't think I've seen anywhere else.Great job CDPR!
yeah it's cool. i like the new stuff. however poor Geralt is going to get a bad cold sitting on that moist stone floor until game release :p

Good luck for the new site, the old one was definitely a little bit "worn out"... ;)It´s sad, that there is no German speaking community here, i´m sure that many Witcher fans in the neighbouring country, who are not so fit in English, would like to talk about your game too.

Yeah, This site is like a warm touch of joy to my heart. Full of rousing and reassurance. By the way - in flash version, the russian variant, "Menu part" - it is not "Мену" but "Меню".And this cute elf girl on the html-version heading - reminds me of Elrond, you know, that chap from Lord Of The Rings - it feels to me like she's gonna twist her face and wisper: "Good day, Mr. Anderson".

Cool design, but actually there are some bugs in flash-site engine. For example you should return to the main page from time to time, or menus stop loading :(There are also some bugs in russian localisation like Геральд instead of Геральт.And the most thing I was unlike is too law resolution of concept arts, screenshots, etc.

I like the new Mystic theme in soundtrack,but it could be longer...Well I will just wait till the game comes out.:)

The flash and community sites are AMAZING!!!!To bad that in the character menu there is only Geralt, I wold like to see some more witchers that are in the game.

The new TW site is just terrific :) Grafics, lay out and sound just delivers the atmosphere I came to know about The Witcher so far. Great job!Great pix of game's development process btw, some gave me a good laugh ;D I can't find anymore those diaries from the dev team about their exhibition of The Witcher at E3 last year. I just discovered that some days ago and started reading. It was quite interesting to get their impressions from such an important event. I think you should keep alive this for those who want to go deeper into the subject.Can't remember the title of this former section.... hmm... confessionals?

zyklop said:
It´s sad, that there is no German speaking community here, i´m sure that many Witcher fans in the neighbouring country, who are not so fit in English, would like to talk about your game too.
You can start a special topic for Germans speaking folks here -> http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?board=15.0 :)
zyklop said:
To bad that in the character menu there is only Geralt, I wold like to see some more witchers that are in the game.
Others will be added systematically :)
zyklop said:
I can't find anymore those diaries from the dev team about their exhibition of The Witcher at E3 last year. I just discovered that some days ago and started reading. It was quite interesting to get their impressions from such an important event. I think you should keep alive this for those who want to go deeper into the subject.Can't remember the title of this former section.... hmm... confessionals?
Do you mean this page? -> http://blog.thewitcher.com/default.asp?lng=en?

Pretty cool style, much possibilities on the Community-site, really cool animations in the Flash-Website, thumbs up! However I don't like the hard contrast (Black & kinda White) on the BGs of the Community website. I usually don't like bright/white BGs on websites cause its like looking in an activated lamp after a while. So a greytone would be better in my oppinion. But at all it looks really good, modern and fancy. :)

sanok16 said:
The flash and community sites are AMAZING!!!!To bad that in the character menu there is only Geralt, I wold like to see some more witchers that are in the game.
There will be more very, very soon:) (Daerdin, don't say anything:D:D)

There were more characters at old site, so we can expect king Foltest, witchers Berengar, Vezemir and others, dwarf Zoltan, sorceress Triss Merigold and as I remeber there were few side characters like bandits or something else. We're wait for their return :)

When will be the merchandise site opened?, And when that secret something will be on site? :)

Top Bottom