The new tutorial

+
The new tutorial

I can't believe I'm asking this, but... what are you supposed to do in the tutorial?

I've looted the corpse, knocked at the house, was told to get rid of the body, but there's no way to interact with it further. The gate to the arena is locked and it seems there's nothing else to do there. Am I missing something or is it bugged?

You gotta be kidding me...

Just checked to make sure I'm not actually that dumb, and no, there definitely is nobody in front of the house. Or the othe rhouse, or anywhere really.

I didn't see this asked but when starting a new game do you automaticly begin with the tutorial, as in the original or is the tutorial a separate part of the game like the Arena? Not a problem either way, just don't feel the need to do the tutorial again, you know.

Thanks in advance.

Way i read it is that when you start a new game, it asks if you want to do the tutorial before starting. You have the choice of yes or go directly to the new game.

tragic001 said:
Way i read it is that when you start a new game, it asks if you want to do the tutorial before starting. You have the choice of yes or go directly to the new game.
Many thanks Tragic.

i feel so stupid but i am stuck in the tutorial it says i need to follow the path into the town with arena which i did but then nothing, no doors will open and that's it i am stuck :S

you mean the knight here?

there isn't one actually

As it turns out he only spawns in that very spot after you find a message in the boots on the corpse right at the start. Now the problem I have is actually that I can't equip those boots because I can't open the inventory ("I" by default), and I'm still guessing why that may be.

I didn't get past body at beginning. Did the inventory as instructed but on exiting 'I' the instructions are still there to go into investory and Geralt won't move. Did it a few times but no go. What am I doing wrong?

Does the tutorial actually tell you to access the inventory? Because mine doesn't, it just keeps telling me to loot the corpse although I've already looted it. That might explain why I can't open the inventory and equip the boots, hence no knight spawns and no progress in the quest.

Vatt said:
As it turns out he only spawns in that very spot after you find a message in the boots on the corpse right at the start. Now the problem I have is actually that I can't equip those boots because I can't open the inventory ("I" by default), and I'm still guessing why that may be.

it just seems broken to me, we'll have to wait till it's fixed or something

u need to open the Inventory "I" when the game allows u too. U can't use many commands at start of the tutorial. They open up as u progress. Follow what it says in the tutorial and open the Inventory when asked too...hope this helps.

Electrocide said:
u need to open the Inventory "I" when the game allows u too. U can't use many commands at start of the tutorial. They open up as u progress. Follow what it says in the tutorial and open the Inventory when asked too...hope this helps.

well the inventory just doesn't get unlocked, when i try, not a single popup says press "I", i can pick up the orens and boots and then nothing.

Mariusmssj said:
well the inventory just doesn't get unlocked, when i try, not a single popup says press "I", i can pick up the orens and boots and then nothing.

Ok, please don't get this as some kind of lecture or something, just replayed again. The order was:
After looting the corpse, open inventory replace soaked boots, with squire boots,
and read the tournament message by pressing space.
The exact message next to the corpse should be:
"Press I to access inventory, read the note you found and replace your wet boots with dry ones."

Are you sure that you took everything from the corpse, maybe something is left that prevents you from opening the inventory ?
After that proceed to the hut.You will get a quest related to the knight.

Is this the tutorial from the menu, the separate one, or the one that is offered when starting a new game?

Top Bottom