The new Xbox

+
Chewin3 said:
I can anticipate how that will turn out:

Throughout the course of the game, the player will form a strong bond with his canine companion. In the very final act of the game, that companion will be killed. The player character will then proceed to kill the main antagonist, not for the good of the world or anything similar, but because he killed his best friend.

GOTY award right there.

Wouldn't that be an improvement? :D

Microsoft should see what happened to 3DO. Very similar concepts (jack of all trades media center machine), did nothing well and ultimately failed.

I think you guys are giving too little credit to the writer Activion hired for this Ghosts. Read up on him, he's no idiot to make something like that.

Ok guys, now say another word for supporting the PC > console war and this thread will get an insta lock and the wannabe warriors will be sent to oil their blades for a week or so. This is a warning (in case you haven't understand :> )

And it's not even E3 yet. Oh boy.

Good grief, Xbox, charging for used games is one thing, but fucking mandatory, motion sensing kinect which can't be turned off is a whole new level of vile. Forget this, never touching Xbox one, switching to Linux.

The next thing I am waiting for is when TVs are going to come with this built in, and it'll be mandatory to have a TV. Scary times.

http://penny-arcade.com/report/article/the-kinect-is-mandatory-and-cant-be-turned-off-welcome-your-new-motion-sens

As I understand there is an option to turn off kinect. They explained that xbox one has this option because some people are concerned about privacy issues. To be honest, I do not have kinect now exactly because of privacy issues (I also do not tweet and do not have any social network account), but I would want to have it and to be able to use it only when I play a game. I like voice commands concept, and would want to see it in TW3.

Thus far the rumor mill gives the impression that the Xbox1 kinect won't have a turn-off option. Maybe MS isn't completely crazy, and they're just testing for the threshold of intolerance. Maybe all these awful Xbox1 features won't be actualized.

Voice commands. Right.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAz_UvnUeuU[/media]

With that and the emphasis on video streaming, the overwhelming message I got was "Not Targeted at the International Market".

I don't know if the Xbox itself is going to be any good or not, but I have to say that I agree with the various commentators that it was a really, really bad "Reveal" PR session. I can only hope that they're taking note of the feedback and planning to make some drastic changes.

Guest 2091327

secondchildren said:
Ok guys, now say another word for supporting the PC > console war and this thread will get an insta lock and the wannabe warriors will be sent to oil their blades for a week or so. This is a warning (in case you haven't understand :> )

So people can't discuss PC vs console (even if in a disappointed way) without fear of being banned?

Nice.

vivaxardas said:
How exactly a piece of hardware can be evil? Does it bite or something??? Or you are a kind of guy who sees every physical object in the world as alive and conscious? All PCs are nice and cuddly, and love you. All xboxes are always angry and ready to bite off your head... Scary...
Were... were you trying to be funny? Good one... I don't know if you're a native English speaker or not, but you do know that sentence was grammatically correct and it IS a phrase, right? When saying that a thing is evil, you're not LITERALLY referring to the object but rather the application of it, the surrounding details, etc. If I was to say that "all knives are evil", you wouldn't actually interpret that literally. Would you...? I'm going to assume that you understand that and you were trying to be funny or something. You weren't, btw.

In case you're just not up to speed on the current state of the new Xbox, I'll let our dear Mr. Jim enlighten you. He sums up why the new Xbox is "evil". Please think before replying to my posts in the future, yeah?

Moderator: Moderators stated directly that a "console war" under this topic was unacceptable and failure to follow moderator direction in this matter would be grounds for closing the thread and taking action against offending members' accounts.

Having reviewed the thread and taken action we believe sufficient to stem further outbreaks of "console wars", we decided to reopen the thread.

Members should be aware of what amounts to a "console war" and refrain from making posts that by their language (even if this is not your intent) instigate or contribute to a "console war".

One pithy definition of a "console war" was given by a member on Gamespot who wrote "...fighting over which platform is better to play this game. It pretty much turned into everyone saying whatever console they didn't have sucks."

Posts that instigate or contribute to a console war include, but are of course not limited to:

Any post with a flavor of elitism, trying to distinguish one group of users from another in order to elevate or put down: language such as

"imbecile gamers bitching on forums that TW3 does not have this, or that, didn't meet some 14-year old punk's expectations, or too much text to read, or just a piece of crap, or "epic fail", or "poor man Skyrim", or other stuff like this."

or

"Hey, don't lump all Xbox players into a group of immature brats.... PC houses a lot of trash players too."

Any post using inflammatory language to make a criticism of a platform. This example is a three-bagger: inflammatory, unfounded, and profane, all in ten short words:

"Windows 8 and now this sh*t. Up your ass MS!"

The moderators can't allow this kind of post. It violates the single most important rule of the forums, which is "don't spoil each other's fun".

If you have a reasonable statement that you can back up, that a particular feature or misfeature of the Xbox 1 is worthwhile, or interesting, or annoying, or monopolistic, that sort of post is definitely on topic here.

If you agree with and can add to, or disagree with and argue against, another member's post, reasonably and without giving or taking offense, that sort of post is definitely on topic here.

If you are angry at another poster, or Microsoft, or something not even related to the topic, think twice before posting. Or think three times and don't post; you'll probably regret it.

Now we can continue with a discussion of the merits or shortcomings of the Xbox 1, decently and in order.

So I watched a little bit of Adam Sessler's live stream talking about the Xbox. Saying that feature(i.e. drm might not be set in stone). They might very well have been gauging consumers thoughts to see what would happen. I could be totally wrong but it does make sense to me.

I'm not trying to expand on the above mention console wars here especially since it seems to have scared folks.

But to me, console wise I've just always preferred the Xbox, been more involved on it versus Ps3 as I've only used the latter for the exclusives I like. It just turned out this way.

It's like earlier this week when I played Blood Dragon, sure I could have gotten it on pc and it would've looked way better but I wanted it on Xbox because I wanted to sit back, relax and drink a cold mountain dew or beer.

In my mind, xbox-cool. Ps3-cool.
Their respective companies, no comment.

CostinMoroianu said:
I think you guys are giving too little credit to the writer Activion hired for this Ghosts. Read up on him, he's no idiot to make something like that.

Who is on the writing board? I am mildy skeptical, since I didn't find the games by Infinity Ward anything particularly impressive.

new xbox one quite annoying actually...will host 8 gb of ram and then architecture will be 64 bit ,USB 3.0
Whitten claimed that the console will co-habit three operating systems in one. One operating system features "deep and instant access to hardware", another appears to be a Windows operating system, and the third custom made for multi-tasking operations
I really think Sony have taken a big lead in the battle for gamers against xbox...
there is problem of a/c hacking in xbox a/c also

Top Bottom