The official Witcher Gameplay already on the web!

+
I think just like Dr. Strange : The running animation isn't really awful ... Obviously it could be better but i think that's not this kind of detail wich make the difference between a bad and a good game.@ Maegnar : Let's just hope the game will be totally perfect :D(Ps: Is there a limitation for signature here ? I think I've to redimentione it in any way ... 700px is a little too big -_-)

I think all Geralt movements were mo captured (or only the combat movements?). Maybe this is how the actor who play Geralt use to run...

I do not recommend running with a load in your shorts. You'll get a really bad rash! Although a Witcher probably has a potion for that. Still, hygiene is important!

I've rewatched the clip a few times now and I got to say, I just don't see any problem in Geralt's running movement! The first time I watched the clip (before reading the comments) it reminded me of a ninjistu running technique, which is unorthodox but meant for combat.The combat system looks really cool. I hope it is as addictive as it looks. Hell yes -I look forward to cutting and killing...

Gilgamesh said:
it reminded me of a ninjistu running technique, which is unorthodox but meant for combat.
See Tenchu games for more detail on ninjitsu running(+stealth killing and lots more, yay!!!). Or the Ninja Scroll anime.

Gilgamesh said:
it reminded me of a ninjistu running technique, which is unorthodox but meant for combat.
I thought the same thing! ;) I was wondering what use a mutant would have for conservative running techniques... ;DAre you a student, if so, what ryu do you study?

Hey,guys! May I ask you how many of you are practicing martial arts? Maybe we open a separate topic!

DrStrange said:
I was wondering what use a mutant would have for conservative running techniques... ;D
;D
DrStrange said:
Are you a student, if so, what ryu do you study?
Indeed I was a student in a Bujinkan school from '98 - 2005. I've watched the clip a few more times and I think the game looks top. I like the pushing and shoving when walking around town. If there was anything to be concerned about for me it was some of the looped animation of NPCs. Still couldn't see anything wrong with the running motion I'm afraid. When he runs -sword drawn- it looks predatory; I like it. @AdrianXIIGood idea. There's a lot to say about modern life & martial arts...

"Indeed I was a student in a Bujinkan school from '98 - 2005."Excellent. I study (well, it has been about a year or so since I have been in a DoJo) a Koga lineage (NOT Ashida Kim! ;)), but hell, we are almost cousins! ;D I had the pleasure of meeting Masaki Hatsumi back in the early '90s here in NYC. He gave a brief seminar on the Manrikigusari (one of my favorites weapons). An amazing sense of humour for a man I could hardly understand! ;D"Still couldn't see anything wrong with the running motion I'm afraid."In some of the gameplay vids the animation seems a bit fast, but I read on the board here, that was for demo purposes and has been addressed. Otherwise, looks fine to me."@AdrianXIIGood idea."Agreed.

OFF @ AdrianXIIagreed. i'm interested in them too, but couldn't decide yet wether to learn eastern or western martial arts.@Gilgameshyes the animation of the npcs were a little strange for me too. it's minor but they held their arms stangely. and geralt too, it's like they're holding something in their arm pits. but again probably i wouldn't even notice it playing the game :)anyway awesome job was done. i'm really looking forward to play it. and the music is wonderful too. maybe there could be some less epic cheery tavern music like in BG. with tipsy townfolks singing vulgar songs about venerable ladies and all :D

I'm so confused about when this game is available. Can someone tell me, beyond a shadow of a doubt, 1) When I can buy it.2) Where it will be available on that date.Thanks.

The latest official date for worldwide release is oct. 26th :)
Ring said:
yes the animation of the npcs were a little strange for me too. it's minor but they held their arms stangely. and geralt too, it's like they're holding something in their arm pits. but again probably i wouldn't even notice it playing the game :)
yep, exactly that I noticed as well and especially on screenshots. It looks as if his upper-arms are too muscle-bound that the arms somehow "stick-off"... okay, it's my impression ;D[size=7pt]maybe one of his elixiers have anabolic substances?[/size] ^..^

Roniin said:
1) When I can buy it.2) Where it will be available on that date.
At this point in time, GameSpot and the like list The Witcher as being available in Europe and North America on October 26, and in Australia on November 2. Once released it will be available both in stores and from online merchants just like any other game. Nothing has been said about a digital download being available from Direct2Drive or the like, but that's another possibility.

After my dissappointing experience with Two Worlds, I will wait a while to read the reviews of people who have played The Witcher first.

Dziadu said:
Dziadu said:
that's what I'm talking about. good video although I want to see more ;)
And you will se much, much more... next week! We're preparing something very cool. Huge gameplay with many features from the game. More like a real gameplay not trailer-like stuff:) Just pure game!
So... its been almost two weeks now.. :-\

'Bout the running. I guess it has been changed already. In 'combat feature' video that was crappy. Now is better.

matt said:
matt said:
matt said:
that's what I'm talking about. good video although I want to see more ;)
And you will se much, much more... next week! We're preparing something very cool. Huge gameplay with many features from the game. More like a real gameplay not trailer-like stuff:) Just pure game!
So... its been almost two weeks now.. :-\
Dziadu has wrote yesterday that the new video is ready and will be updated during this week, or in the beginning of next one. It is ATARI's decision now. Generaly i think we can expect new gameplay in a few days:) Or I hope so...

Top Bottom