The old texture flickering bug - clamping lod not having any effect.

+
As the title says I am having the texture flickering bug, it's mainly noticeable in cut-scenes, but I also see it in gameplay depending on the camera position. As in the title I have tried clamping negative lod bias in NVIDIA control panel and it has had absolutely no effect. Running all settings maxed except for ubersampling, 2560x1440. 1080gtx i7 7700k, 16gb ram etc. etc. Any ideas?

Are you playing with mods?
You could try different gpu driver versions. Drivers below v400 often perform better.

Experimenting with the ingame settings is always worth trying.

No mods being used atm, it's an old bug isn't it? But many said the clamping solved it; not so for me. Any idea which setting could be affecting this? It's a game wrecker for me, I cannot stand silly bugs like this they just destroy the immersion.

I don‘t know what settings might improve the situation (I’ve never had that issue myself and solutions can vary from computer to computer). But it sounds more like something related to the gpu drivers. I‘d really recommend rolling back to an older graphics driver version, as mentioned before (for example, Nvidia v399).

I'll try that now, thank you for your input I appreciate it.

on the subject on GPU drivers what are your thoughts then? Are pre 400 considered more stable?

Edit: Never mind I researched and found out it's the older pascal architecture; apparently newer releases mucked fps up and other issues unless you're RTX. Very interesting stuff.
Post automatically merged:

Tried 399.24 which I read was a highly stable pascal release, no effect either the flickering remains. I am surprised you've never heard of the issue as if you google it, it seems almost everyone who played the game had it. Never mind, I'm not wasting time on it I'll just not play it. I rinsed the game on xbox years ago anyway. Thanks for the help anyway.

Last edited:
This all depends on the game, but for my 980 ti, I've found the 385.69 drivers were, overall, the best. Not the best FPS (+/- 10 in certain titles), but they were extremely stable. (Note, this is on Win7. Your mileage will vary.)

Top Bottom