The one thing that bugs me about characters in this game...

+
The clothing in game seems closest to around 1300's, the colours, the differences between the classes and yes, low necklines.

Are we playing the same game? Most females don't have any cleavage. If anything we need more cleavage.
On a sidenote, why didn't you complain about the many men walking around shirtless?
You mean the sailors... Are you even for real or just trolling?

Hmm I don't know personally and I'm sure there could be a huge debate about this. But most of the women you say are dressed skimpy are the ones that are more the strong/independent types. The ones who wouldnt allow husbands etc to tell them what to wear. Such as the witch's, ciri, a certain special forces soldier etc. The only other women I've seen like this are in fact the hookers.

Now maybe I'm wrong and there are indeed others. I've played this game a long time and my memory is not so good. In the end this is a mature game in a fantasy and very sexual world.

That explanation doesn't work. It makes no sense for Ves, in particular, to wear the clothing she does- it offers very little protection, and she is a soldier.

That explanation doesn't work. It makes no sense for Ves, in particular, to wear the clothing she does- it offers very little protection, and she is a soldier.
Shes not a simple soldier that wears a standart uniform, shes in roches special unit also fighting isnt about armor alone there are many examples in RPGs and real life. You can see some types of traning actualy needs you to wear no armor.

Shes not a simple soldier that wears a standart uniform, shes in roches special unit also fighting isnt about armor alone there are many examples in RPGs and real life. You can see some types of traning actualy needs you to wear no armor.

There is a difference between 'lightly armoured' and 'can touch the skin'. The first has many examples- the second doesn't have many at all in real life (if any at all- even basic clothing would help avoid scratches that could become infected), and is mostly a ridiculous trope in fantasy games.

There is a difference between 'lightly armoured' and 'can touch the skin'. The first has many examples- the second doesn't have many at all in real life (if any at all- even basic clothing would help avoid scratches that could become infected), and is mostly a ridiculous trope in fantasy games.

Yes i was meaning "touch the skin" in my reply like monks and fencers if i bother to think and search about it can find many examples also as real life example american indians would be fair i beleive.

Well, unless she's a badass assassin... Which I didn't get the impression she was, ivashanko is correct... The explanation for "strong women" makes no sense when it comes to Ves.

Yes i was meaning "touch the skin" in my reply like monks and fencers if i bother to think and search about it can find many examples also as real life example american indians would be fair i beleive.

American Indians wore and had armour- if lightly armoured hide armour. Assassins did not wear unique kinds of armour- usually they would wear clothing to blend into whatever situation they needed to blend into. Even the famous ninja did not wear all black clothing (that idea comes from much latter, in Japanese theater).

American Indians wore and had armour- if lightly armoured hide armour. Assassins did not wear unique kinds of armour- usually they would wear clothing to blend into whatever situation they needed to blend into. Even the famous ninja did not wear all black clothing (that idea comes from much latter, in Japanese theater).
You can find quite a lot examples if you bother to check here are a few for you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartan_army , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nudity_in_combat , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaesatae , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_warfare

[Spoilers]: There is a woman petitioning the army to release information about her sons whereabouts. She doesn't dress in the manner OP described.

Some women in this game leave little to the imagination, and some maybe shouldn't be dressed in the manner they are considering the position they're in (Ves for example, a soldier with completely exposed sternum and navel regions), but at the end of the day I conclude that this is a mature game, with mild nudity littered all over. In fact, all of the Witcher games have been in this way. I expect no less from them, and would certainly hope that they would not change their artistic vision because of outside pressure.

People claim this game is misogynistic, in a world where the strongest characters are all female. Go figure? Because of a little eye candy? It's not like Ciri doesn't have a scar on her face.

I'm sure someone will eventually create a mod that makes the female characters dress more modest. But you'll need to be on PC. If you're not than I'm sorry.

A lot of main characters have that, mostly because of their independence and because they know how to use their assets to get what they want or distract men from obvious things.

Peasants normally don't have that. For once because that's just not the way a "normal" person would dress (sense of pride. While sorceresses take pride in their "assets" and use them a lot for their purposes peasants regard such dresses dirty and unworthy of them, not modest enough), also because their husbands or fathers might not approve, and also obviously for protection. A lot are poor and weather plays a big role in some regions.

A lot of main characters have that, mostly because of their independence and because they know how to use their assets to get what they want or distract men from obvious things.

Peasants normally don't have that. For once because that's just not the way a "normal" person would dress (sense of pride. While sorceresses take pride in their "assets" and use them a lot for their purposes peasants regard such dresses dirty and unworthy of them, not modest enough), also because their husbands or fathers might not approve, and also obviously for protection. A lot are poor and weather plays a big role in some regions.
Wow. Nope... Not even going to get into what is so wrong with all of this. Just wow.

if you're not ready for discussion and different points of view, don't make threads with controversial topics. just a hint.
Sorry that I found it completely pointless to quote and explain how obviously stereotypical someone's someone's world view was, when it was so obviously stereotypical. Also if you think what someone wears is a "controversial" topic... Um, get out in the world more is my only advice I guess.

Top Bottom