The Opening Coinflip

+
The Opening Coinflip

You know, something has really bothered me about the RNG of the coinflip on the opening turn. Being pushed into a position in which you must first place can quickly result in a card disadvantage. Its not INHERENTLY unmanageable by any stretch, but still a minor disadvantage is it not? Rather than leave it to fate, why not assign a certain "Initiative" score to faction leaders to determine who goes first? Then it moves from the territory of arbitrary RNG to a decision that can further swing/modify the balance of existing leaders and remove the luck factor of the opening flip. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Just throwing an idea.
Both player put one card face down and reveal. The loser must play first next turn. Then banish both card.

It'd be cool if there was rock paper scissors between players, and the winner chooses who starts.

I feel like assigning numbers to leaders would be pretty confusing. I dont like the idea of certain leaders always having the disadvantage of going second either.

Turn advantage is so big right now because of the amount of cards that, when played last, automatically win the game. D bomb, insegram, horn, etc highlight the abusability of turn advantage. I feel if some of these cards were balanced then the turn advantage would diminish and starting the game wouldn't be as big of an issue.

Top Bottom