The original Geralt of Rivia mod

+
An old friend is preparing to return. The big things are done, but a lot of fine adjustment are ahead of us.
A1.jpg
A2.jpg
A3.jpg
A4.jpg
A5.jpg

Hello, folks!

Just a reminder that posts containing flatly negative statements (inherently
"-1 / (n) posts") are not welcome. Posts need to be constructive, even if they are negative. If you don't care for something and have no meaningful suggestions to contribute, simply move along.

Thanks!

Few days more for fine adjustments at the eyes and mouth. Than I need to edit the eye but until now I couldn't export the eye file with modkitchen. If I can't find a solution for that I can release only a 0.9 test version, next week maybe.

hehe i have missed the original Geralt, especially when he would say Brokilon and convince a Dryad that sex is good for stress relief. Ah the good ol' non PC days when we collected Sex card for Geralt :)

wow that was a blast from the past. Maybe it's me but feels like his nose is a tiny bit to big but
on the whole it turned out great! wish there was a hair style like the first Witcher but thanks for that hard work.

Last edited:
I took the model from the TW1. I didn't modify it and I was wonder about that it looks so different in the 3 game. The texture is almost the same. The worst was TW2: there the different day-night light conditions gives me headache.

If somebody from CD Projekt read this: I see that TW1 game face model is different than the intro face. Did you use the same model for the Rise of the White Wolf intro and the TW1 wallpapers too? I would be grateful if somebody could say some background information about that!

Partially speculation, but the complexity of models used during gameplay were far more limited back when TW1 was released. It was most common for studios to render "cinematics" separately and then record them as video files that would be played at certain stages during the game (like the intro cinematic for TW1). Those models would often be far more complex and look much more detailed; hence the "different" look. Totally different model. (That was definitely the technique used for TW1's intro.)

It wasn't until later on that the same complexity could be executed by in-game engines.

Thank your reply!

I know there was different models, my question is there was only one for the intro, wallpapers and the RotWW trailer or they are also different. What do you think, possible that cdprojektred even today has these models in archive?

wow that was a blast from the past. Maybe it's me but feels like his nose is a tiny bit to big but
on the whole it turned out great! wish there was a hair style like the first Witcher but thanks for that hard work.
Hi!
Thank you!
I have plan for TW1 hairstyle but now I have real life projects ahead me. In winter I have more time for that project.

Last edited:
Top Bottom