The Over-40 Hang-out

+
Suddenly I feel a feared very a feared so much to the point I am beginning to remove the warm fuzzies with the dull rusty razor I found lying on the floor in the room. The removal of said fuzzies is quite painful, especially @ this wee hour of the morning!

Only gotta few minutes but could not let this one go ...Roxy - where do you come up with those dynamite sigs? "Set a man on fire ..." lol.Simon, Widow, and Nimue - Great Job on your mod - just read it - it is BEYOND goot!CoryLea - TS? Sheesh! Whatever happened to good ol' fashioned yelling at one another? I swear we are taking this technology stuff too damn far! (flushes his virtual toilet ...)Lionheart - Welcome - sorry to hear about your dog, put my last one down about 4 years ago. He slept on one of my old plaid, quilted shirt jackets. I still wear the ragged thing from time to time when I miss him. You have my condolences, my empathy, and my heart. Rub his favorite spot once for me, Mon Ami. On a lighter side ...Roxy ain't the shark.Those shriveled up brown things at the top of the tree ain't coconuts.And the thick white liquid they USED to have in them ain't milk. ;DGod! But I have missed this board!

Trughbull? TRUGHBULL?!*takes a flying leap and wraps her arms and legs around Trughbull, giving him a whopping hug*You're back!*smiles happily*(Yelling doesn't work -- I'm hard of hearing, remember?)

Hey, look who's back! Good to see you again. Shall we paint this thread green to honour the occasion? ;)

Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green GreenGreen Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green GreenGreen Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green GreenGreen Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green GreenGreen Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green GreenGreen Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green GreenNimue ?Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green GreenGreen Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green GreenGreen Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green GreenGreen Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green GreenGreen Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green GreenWhy am I doing this again ?Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green GreenGreen Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green GreenGreen Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green GreenGreen Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green Green :wall:

Oh dear... I didn't mean you'd have to do all that work yourself! Come, that's quite enough... shall we go over to the tavern for a drink?

Nimue said:
Oh dear... I didn't mean you'd have to do all that work yourself! Come, that's quite enough... shall we go over to the tavern for a drink?
OOps Damn my literal thinking..........A drink sound good to me.... ;)

Found something suitable for our forum:
When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were when they were growing up; what with walking twenty-five miles to school every morning...uphill BOTH ways...yadda, yadda, yadda. And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it! But now that I'm over the ripe old age of forty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today. You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a damn Utopia! When I was a kid we didn't have The Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the damn library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!! There was no email! We had to actually write somebody a letter... with a pen! Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take like a week to get there! There were no MP3s or IPods! You wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the damn record store and shoplift it yourself! Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ'd usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up! We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and when somebody else called they got a busy signal. That's it! We didn't have fancy Caller ID Boxes either! When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent; you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister! We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600 with games like "Space Invaders" and "Asteroids" and the graphics sucked ass! Your guy was a little square. You actually had to use your imagination! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen forever! And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder, and faster and faster until you died! ... Just like LIFE! When you went to the movie theater there no such thing as stadium seating. All the seats were the same height! If a tall guy or some old broad with a hat sat in front of you and you couldn't see, you were just screwed! Sure, we had cable television, but back then that was only like 15 channels and there was no on-screen menu and no remote control. You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your ass and walk over to the TV to change the channel and there was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday morning.Do you hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little rat-bastards! And we didn't have microwaves. If we wanted to heat something up, we had to use the stove or go build a frigging fire...imagine that! If we wanted popcorn, we had to use that stupid JiffyPop thing and shake it over the stove forever like an idiot.That's exactly what I'm talking about!You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled.You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1980!Regards,The 40+ Something crowd!
~ Roxy

gamewidow said:
may i suggest "Gun with occasional music" by Jonathan Lethem then ? ;D
Would a 21 gun salute do by one of those old classical guys or how about Fugue in D minor by Mozart?Now ain't I a stinker??? :whistle:

I have one question . . . How do you add pics to this thread . . . Like I have mentioned or should have mentioned, I am kind of new to this kind of information exchange.

I read the first 3 or 4 pages - I assume this thread is a combination confession/exhortation/affirmation/introductionI'm 46 and I like pc games - I play rpg and turn based strategy and some real time strategy but I have always liked rpg games. I used to bbs back in the days before the www killed them. I really like The Witcher because it really is unique in that it combines all of the best of character development without its tedium with a fairly well written plot. I have really enjoyed playing it, although I confess for the past 6 months or so I haven't been playing it due to a resurgence of attraction to turn based strategy in a fantasy environment in the form of Atari's "Fantasy Wars". So as this old gamer downloads the latest patch, sips some fine whisky and listens to Pink's lates CD (there's the young at heart) - I proclaim membership in this over the hill clique. :)Maybe if I feel the compulsion, I'll even try to update my profile with photo or something so all you older gals can flirt with me. :)

For your avatar you need to upload an image in forum profile info.....For thread pic's, your image needs a web address (to be on-line), simply copy and paste image location then tag with HTML {img} webadress.blablabla. {/img} .............replace { with [welcome dwise1, way-to jump right in there man, have a drink and be cool..... 8)

Well I have seem to got part of it right, now I have to plug in an external hard drive and pick out something then re size it then up load it then then place then . . . . I thought screw it and I used this one, I like Half life . . . and as for the new guy on the block, please name yer poison so that I may join you in a shot or two! I'd hate to see a fellow drink a lone, it just seems so lonely. CND_LION_HEARTED pulls out his portable bar opens it up and sets up shop, and announces he is open for business! :angel:

a round for everyone :)it's friday and i feel like celebrating that ... us old farts need every opportunity ;D

Welcome Dwise1 (and without hesitation lifts his Rare Breed) - (offers a shot of Kentucky's finest to all who are gathered and politely declines return offers of kind, but lesser fare) - My social drinking skills, once evolved to the Wild Turkey 101 minimum, and Rare Breed when I'm flush, do not allow me to accept alternatives, but know all that their generous offers are appreciated.And, I am most willing to share. Elitist? Hardly. Got to have the octane ... and nothing quite does it like "undiluted barrel-proof".Sips and Sighs.Listens to a gentle rain that is frustrating the fireworks crowd this 4th of July. Poor buggers.But the quiet sounds good ...

CND_LION_HEARTED continues to leave the bar open well into the long weekend serving all sorts of shots and such. But one thing has crossed his mind, a name is need for his place of celebration, his place of popular seclusion. I turn to you folks for a fanciful name for such an imaginary place. I'd be forever grateful to you all if you'd be as so kind to give this place a name. In the mean time lets us all raise a glass to the weekend and to those who are Americain amongst the group Happy Independence Day!

Top Bottom