The Over-40 Hang-out

+
Things have been kind of dull since the D'jinni contest started -- most of the interesting people went off to make modules and aren't around the forum much, if at all. And Nimue is exclusively in the German forum these days; I miss her.

mardana said:
Maybe there just isn't that many RPGr's over 40 hangin out here much anymore?
Game Widow used to be here a lot, but she went off to work on a mod. Nimue used to be here a lot (even though she's only 35), but she went off to work on a mod. Simon Brooke used to be here a lot, but he went off to work on a mod.Anybody see a common theme here? :D

yep, some of us are just too damned old to do two things at once ;) ... i'm speaking of Simon, of course!

gamewidow said:
yep, some of us are just too damned old to do two things at once ;) ... i'm speaking of Simon, of course!
Hey, watch yourself, Missy; he's only 2.5 years older than I am!I wasn't thinking that age had anything to do with it, just that making a mod requires concentration and has a draining effect on the patience and good humor, none of which is conducive to hanging around any kind of public forum. We should probably lock you all in cages until it's done and feed you through the bars. ;D

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Hey, watch yourself, Missy; he's only 2.5 years older than I am!I wasn't thinking that age had anything to do with it, just that making a mod requires concentration and has a draining effect on the patience and good humor, none of which is conducive to hanging around any kind of public forum. We should probably lock you all in cages until it's done and feed you through the bars. ;D
I love reading your guys' stuff keeps' me laughing and dealing with depression very easy. :peace:

RogueRoxy said:
RogueRoxy said:
Nope, we're here, but after 40 years, we've learned the quality of silence. ;)
Indeed.'Tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. :whatthe:~ Roxy
Amen to that :DMeaning I should have stopped posting a while ago ;D

Been playing games for a long time since the late 70's when everything was text, DOS. :hmmm: I just turned 56 Oct 31 and I plan to spend many more years playing all the games I can. Long LIVE the PC. :evil:I still have my Atari 2600, COCO, TI 99-4A, C-64, C128, Amiga 500, 75Mhz Dos PC, 233Mhz Win 95 PC, 1.7Ghz Win 98 PC, 2Ghz Win 2000 PC. Yes they all still work.Henry 8)

Wow, that is a impressive list of devices!The first gaming I remember are the games "The Settlers 1", a jump and run by the name of "Xargon", Commander Ken" and "Sodokan", the one where you move all the boxes ;D

gamewidow said:
What? What? Did someone speak? I don't hear so good, these days. And the leg has fallen off my zimmer...I'm older than the President (elect) of the United States, you know..

How's the mod coming along? Oh, I'm sorry. I said, "HOW"S THE MOD COMING ALONG?" Can ya hear me now? LOL I'm looking forward to checking our your guys' mod. :peace:

mardana said:
How's the mod coming along? Oh, I'm sorry. I said, "HOW"S THE MOD COMING ALONG?" Can ya hear me now? LOL I'm looking forward to checking our your guys' mod. :peace:
H'mmmm... we'll have something ready for the 25th. But it won't be finished, it won't be Beta, it won't really even be Alpha. It will be playable work-in-progress.These things are a lot of work. It also depends crucially on how well people are able to work together, because, despite the heroic efforts of people like Raven, I don't really think it's practicable to build these things in reasonable time on your own.

SimonBrooke said:
But it won't be finished, it won't be Beta, it won't really even be Alpha. It will be playable work-in-progress.
You should call the mod "STALKER: Clear Sky" in that case.

Top Bottom