The Over-40 Hang-out

+
gamewidow said:
You call *that* teasing and flirting ??? come man, it seems you are out of practice (or are you just exhausted /) :evil:
Exhausted, dear Widow. Worn out by dreams of moles and an (allegedly) excellent bottom.

SimonBrooke said:
SimonBrooke said:
Anyway, we can have semi-serious discussions about what it's like to be an older gamer, or we can have silly teasing and flirting, along with bad jokes. I know which I expect, but I figure either can be valuable. :)
Can I do the silly teasing and flirting? Please? Please! Can I?
*laugh* And what would you do if I said no -- why, we might descend to bad puns, shaggy-dog stories and other atrocities. So, that'll be a yes, Simon. I wouldn't dream of getting in your way! *grin* Besides, game widow might have to stop running, were you to stop chasing her, and she needs the exercise. :)

Hello! Being almost 43 I guess I qualify for this grouping. What's even worse is people always have said I'm wise and old far beyond my years. I guess it's the dementia, deafness and aphasia that's fooling them.:) Been using computers since ages also. First teachers in basic CS were old relics that had experiences not only with mercury audio memories, relays and bulbs but the old fangled analog computers./Dan

dahura said:
Hello! Being almost 43 I guess I qualify for this grouping. What's even worse is people always have said I'm wise and old far beyond my years. I guess it's the dementia, deafness and aphasia that's fooling them.:) Been using computers since ages also. First teachers in basic CS were old relics that had experiences not only with mercury audio memories, relays and bulbs but the old fangled analog computers./Dan
I've personally worked with two different people who worked with Alan Turing. Beat that!

SimonBrooke said:
SimonBrooke said:
I've personally worked with two different people who worked with Alan Turing. Beat that!
Hard to beat! Closest would be being taught by pupils of Arne Beurling. Not very well known but he was a giant among Cryptologists. He broke the German Geheimfernschreiber by hand repeatedly. Enigma was a far easier cypher./Dan

gamewidow said:
how do you know my butt needs exercise ?? ;D
Hey, babe, I didn't mention your butt! I figured anybody who's on this board as much as you are had to do a lot of sitting, and that usually means that more exercise is called for. I was thinking of your cardiovascular health, though; you and your butt are on your own where I'm concerned. :)

SimonBrooke said:
Ha! So much for my chances, now she's drooling all over his helmet!
I'm sure you're plenty drool-worthy yourself; wait your turn, and no doubt she'll get to you. :)

SimonBrooke said:
SimonBrooke said:
ooohh .. where'd you get the helmet ???
Ha! So much for my chances, now she's drooling all over his helmet!
I guess there is something to be said for a man in uniform.Actually, any man who wears that thing all day (not me) deserves to have the ladies drooling over them. That thing is a neck breaker, it is so heavy. I just figured that as the Royal Woodsman, I could kill monsters and pay myself, thereby cutting out the middle man!

You know those long load times everyone complains about .. i do push-ups. In the last 3 month, I've actually lost about 10 lbs :p

Wolfenschfung said:
Two months left and I will be qualified to reply on this post :D :D :D
Well, then, all of us here will look forward to wishing you a happy birthday two months from now.

gamewidow said:
You know those long load times everyone complains about .. i do push-ups. In the last 3 month, I've actually lost about 10 lbs :p
Weren't those load times deliberately put into the game so you could feed the kiddies? ;D

Top Bottom