The Over-40 Hang-out

+
Boooooooooo . . . . hisssssssssss . . . . Dam! I refuse to grow up any more! Inwardly. There isn't much I can do about outward appearances though. I think there for I am the saying goes, so I think I am young therefore I am young. I plan on remaining so for the rest of my natural life. I find this kind of thinking helps with the pain I suffer every day. Years ago in the line of duty I suffered a horrific accident. A building collapsed on me sparing me no mercy. I spent almost 11 months in the hospital recovering and proving every doctor wrong. Returning to full time duties some year and a half later. Nine years after that I had to retire, the damage to my body was starting to return with a vengeance. It was discovered I was allowed to return to work to soon and things hadn't healed properly. Now some ten years after that I am disabled no longer able to work collecting a pension and enjoying my day to day life by the refusal to grow up! When I tell folks my age they laugh at me they take me for some one younger, my wife who is in her late fifties whose adage is also a refusal to grow up is seen to be my equal in age. So in short if you believe you are young whole heartedly I really do believe your body will respond by keeping you looking young. Oh and I do exercise as much as I am able to, I walk with a cane due to some lower back issues, watch carefully what I eat, I can't gain more wait because of the lower back issues, and have a shit load of fun with myself, friends and most of all my wife; and at every change I get I flip the bird to old age and welcome youth in any way possible.

Growing up is overrated.
~ Roxy

I guess I have had too much fun then, and worn myself out.......ah blurry memories flashing past.......sorry guys and girls but life for me is not about caution, but living, S**T..if i want to eat a pizza I god damn will, if I want to stay up late and play games i Will, I'm sick of society....DO this....DO that......DON'T do this DON'T do that......F**k'em, When I die I know I can look back with pride and say "I DID THAT"*takes a long deep breath*......Oooops sorry folks :D

gamewidow said:
carpe diem :) :peace:
Uh ?
gamewidow said:
I guess we all need to vent sometimes ;) Feeling better now?
LOL....not really a vent, but when the cautious approach 100 years old thinking "if only" and having there adult nappy changed by a young Tia girl carer, I will be pushing up the daises with a big smile on my face..........................see my post on the joke thread....................................................... ;)

Karmarapture said:
Karmarapture said:
Uh ?
That's Latin, dear... "seize the day".
LOL....no really a vent, but when the cautious approach 100 years old thinking "if only" and having there adult nappy changed by a young Tia girl carer, I will be pushing up the daises with a big smile on my face.
I'm sure the daisies will appreciate it ;) Seriously, though - it doesn't matter so much how long you live, but how well. I quite agree with you here.

SimonBrooke said:
SimonBrooke said:
SimonBrooke said:
Uh ?
Dum loquimur, fugerit invida Aetas: carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero. As we speak, jealous time flees us. Sieze the day, place little trust in the future.
Okay, now you've lost me ;) I don't speak Latin, I just know a few common phrases.Edit: I do know enough to piece together the meaning of that text below your avatar, though ;)

Oh! Oh! Just remembered a good one:Sibili si ergoManibus es in eroNobili demis truxSewatis inemCowsenduxAn Oren to the winner!~ Roxy

RogueRoxy said:
Et tu Brute? ;D 'Romani ite ad domum' - Monty Python (The Romans they go to the house). Hope I got that right *heh*~ Roxy
Ask Silver, he's the one with the Monty Python signature :)

Top Bottom