The Over-40 Hang-out

+
I just thought of something . . . I wonder if the reason you can have a torch in this game is not so much as a weapon but more like a "night light"? ;)

CNDLIONHEARTED said:
I just thought of something . . . I wonder if the reason you can have a torch in this game is not so much as a weapon but more like a "night light"? ;)
That's because it is a Night Light ;D ;D

[Anyway, you and I seem to be kindred spirits when it comes to gaming. [/QUOTE]Yeah, it seems so. With being in my little singlplayer world, it's good to know others share your perspective. Have you given any thought to playing Mass Effect? I have it but am only an about an hour into it, so I can't verify that it's as good as the reviews. I'm looking forward to spending more time with it though. But, with the Tour de France coverage taking up a couple of hours a day, I don't know when I'll begin for real. It's on a different computer at a different house from the Witcher computer. My time is split between 2 locations and at the weekend location this time of year, a lot of time is spent outdoors. Are you playing anything else now other than Witcher?

MikeDanger said:
[Anyway, you and I seem to be kindred spirits when it comes to gaming.
Yeah, it seems so. With being in my little singlplayer world, it's good to know others share your perspective. Have you given any thought to playing Mass Effect? I have it but am only an about an hour into it, so I can't verify that it's as good as the reviews. I'm looking forward to spending more time with it though. But, with the Tour de France coverage taking up a couple of hours a day, I don't know when I'll begin for real. It's on a different computer at a different house from the Witcher computer. My time is split between 2 locations and at the weekend location this time of year, a lot of time is spent outdoors. Are you playing anything else now other than Witcher?[/QUOTE]Yes, I have definite plans to play Mass Effect. In fact, both my older son and daughter-in-law [Both Gamers] have encouraged me to play it. I could actually already be playing it on one of their XBOX 360s but, they do pretty much keep them busy. So, I'll likely get the PC version soon.I have several games installed at present: I recently re-installed Morrowind and started completely from scratch again. I'm still amazed at the visual quality of this game. I also start up Oblivion from time-to-time just to keep myself familiar with my character. ;) [I have nearly 700 hours of gameplay on it including SI, KofN, and some other mods. My character is at Level 44, head of all the guilds, factions, etc. Owns a house in every city, and a handmaid in Skingrad. :) ]Recently, I played through the original Mafia again. If you like an excellent story, this game is a MUST! And, if you like 30's era automobiles, it's a big plus!

@ CND_LION_HEARTED I was thinking that myself :D :DAnd your point dose have its pro :D :D :DIt a good joke Btw it better to put in your reply outside the quote box that way it dose not confuse anyone ;)

All you guys and gals seem to be mere 'babes' to me. I'll be 60 this year. I've got 4 kids, 5 grandkids, and another due in September. :)

Since you just got out of your diapers, you must know all of the best brands. I know they've come a long way since I used them last. They were all cotten in my day. Can you really just sit at the computer and piss in them and keep playing? And, does your gaming chair need to be vinyl ratther than leather or cloth? You know, so that every couple of days you can just throw a bucket of water on it and keep playing.

Seeker said:
you know every time I reply TW I always find something new in the game I don't remember which time I found them doing the Lumber Jack song I almost fell out of my chair :D
Oh no. they don't. They can't. do they really????? :eek:Gods I love this game.

Corylea said:
Several different people have said that they're afraid they're the only "old" gamer around, which is a common concern but one that's unfounded. I'm 50, and I know other gamers who are 52 and 55, so you guys in your 40's are mere babes. :)
At 48, I must say Thank You Thank You Thank You ;D I'd like twelve or thirty-eight e-mails a day calling me "a mere babe", pleeeze :beer:

Xantia said:
At 48, I must say Thank You Thank You Thank You ;D I'd like twelve or thirty-eight e-mails a day calling me "a mere babe", pleeeze :beer:
Hello, mere babe -- nice to have you around. :)

Dear MIKE DANGER:As per your request about what diapers I use or chair I use when playing Witcher I must confess I prefer to use a medical chair. You might know what I am talking about, one with a whole cut into it with a catch basin. The catch basin is a rather large one and is solar powered to manage the waste stream! It is truly a wonder of science its self! At the end of a month I have fresh compost which I then toss gleefully onto my rose gardens which I have surrounding my house. My wife thinks playing games such as Witcher, Oblivion, and Guild Wars, just to name a few, is a very economical and environmentally healthy way for me to help keep the house to keep its' curb appeal. She encourages my many long hours of game play and feed me a great deal of my meals at the computer which are high in fiber. Why hell, we even have found a safe way to collect store and use the methane gas ( a by product of the wasted being digested ) to not only heat our house in the winter but also cook our food and supplement our power needs! We have a 10,000 watt gas powered generator converted to run on the stuff. We also have an old propane stove / oven converted as well. By next year at the rate I have been going with cranking out all this crap we should be entirely off the grid and be able to export some of the excess! Talk about a hobby that pays for its' self!As for the rose gardens out side . . . they are the talk of the town! In fact they are one of the main stay tourist attraction here. Each year we have more and more visitors travel from miles around just to see what can blossom forth from a whole pile of crap! I tell you they are quite surprised! MIKE DANGER, I hope you enjoyed reading this little ditty as much as I have enjoyed writing it. I hope you see the humor in it and understand it was written to entertain at no bodies expense. Hope you have a great day!

I actually make my living in the environmental protection field and have become very concerned that mankind would never become enlightened environmentally in my lifetime and that earth had no legacy. With this new perspective and creativity I now know that there is hope and I can breath a whiff, I mean take a sigh of relief. As I sit in my computer chair, I can look out over our garden. All I need is a hole in the wall with a conduit. Oh man! Wait till my wife hears about this!

DyreStraits said:
All you guys and gals seem to be mere 'babes' to me. I'll be 60 this year. I've got 4 kids, 5 grandkids, and another due in September. :)
Hope you enjoy that 5th kid, Kemo. Seems like the last one is always my favorite ...
DyreStraits said:
DyreStraits said:
Several different people have said that they're afraid they're the only "old" gamer around, which is a common concern but one that's unfounded. I'm 50, and I know other gamers who are 52 and 55, so you guys in your 40's are mere babes. :)
Nice to see a mere babe has joined the board. Uhhh. Know anything about green latex? (*chuckles ... it's an inside joke, Xantia. and unfortunately, it is NOT on you
DyreStraits said:
so does this make 'brown" the new "green" ? ;D
About a decade ago my area experienced a severe water shortage due to drought. The authorities not only banned swimming pools, lawn watering and car washing, but they actually set up distribution centers at shopping plaza's and malls where citizens could get free bricks to place in their toilets tanks to help conserve water by displacing some of it on the re-fill. A local entertainer zoomed to popularity by writing this little ditty that EVERY school kid walked around singing once it hit the radio stations ..."If it's yellow ... let it mellow ... if its brown flush it down butif it's bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeee?What do you do?"

What if it's chunky??
Sorry
~ Roxy

I have a question for this group. This afternoon when I logged on, the over 40 and off topic both appeared in red, anyone know why this is?

I converted a few threads (the Over-40 Hang-out being among them) to "sticky" threads (those that remain at the top of the list of threads in a forum, like Off-Topic) and appear in red:)

Top Bottom