The Over-40 Hang-out

+
gamewidow said:
I converted a few threads (the Over-40 Hang-out being among them) to "sticky" threads (those that remain at the top of the list of threads in a forum, like Off-Topic) and appear in red:)
In other words, these are the places where the truly important discussions are ;)

Nimue said:
Nimue said:
I converted a few threads (the Over-40 Hang-out being among them) to "sticky" threads (those that remain at the top of the list of threads in a forum, like Off-Topic) and appear in red:)
In other words, these are the places where the truly important discussions are ;)
And the important people.
~ Roxy

[size=11pt]Hi all, new to The Witcher, 56 (going on 57 in August), and yeah, I still play games on the computer. :eek:I guess I'll never grow up.[/size]

Welcome :) You're in good company here - the oldest Witcher player I know of is 72. The topic of growing up vs. getting older has already been discussed to some extent in this thread, so you'll fit right in :)

wow .... can't say I expected to find a stickied thread full of my "peers" (you should all feel ... ummm ... honoured .. yeah I'll go with honoured ;) by that description )

You know. Other than the Witcher gaming progress that leads to exploring crypts, finding items, talking to people, and of course killing other beings both human and non, there sometimes are subtle moments in this game that make me appreciate it so much. And, makes me wonder if it was intentional or just a side show of the game designing art that rubs off on a game when the game creators are so talented. While playing last night, I was tired, needed to go to bed, and having a difficult time with a quest. As my Geralt was running along deep into Act IV just after dusk, I noticed out of the corner of my eye, the moon coming up. My quest then became finding the highest ground I could find just to get a better view of the moon. God forbid anything getting in my way. Nothing did and I climbed up the tallest nearby hill and stood looking at this beautiful moonrise for the longest time. Then I exited the game and went to bed. ... ... ... ... ... We are truly fortunate.

MikeDanger said:
You know. Other than the Witcher gaming progress that leads to exploring crypts, finding items, talking to people, and of course killing other beings both human and non, there sometimes are subtle moments in this game that make me appreciate it so much. And, makes me wonder if it was intentional or just a side show of the game designing art that rubs off on a game when the game creators are so talented. While playing last night, I was tired, needed to go to bed, and having a difficult time with a quest. As my Geralt was running along deep into Act IV just after dusk, I noticed out of the corner of my eye, the moon coming up. My quest then became finding the highest ground I could find just to get a better view of the moon. God forbid anything getting in my way. Nothing did and I climbed up the tallest nearby hill and stood looking at this beautiful moonrise for the longest time. Then I exited the game and went to bed. ... ... ... ... ... We are truly fortunate.
What can I say... the first time my Geralt went to Black Tern Island, he got chewed up by a bunch of wyverns because I was stunned by the sunset over the lake. The scenery was just perfect, with that beautiful soundtrack playing in the background, I didn't even notice the things approaching. After reloading, I dispatched them, then stood at the shore for half an hour watching the sun go down :)

yep... the day - night cylce in chapter 4 is most impressive of all locations. Once I was in the Murky Waters fields as well when I watched a sunset, which was amazing. Actually I was on the way to the Raspberry patch to meet with Dandelion but missed the date because I had to watch the sunset from an other hillock.

It was while trying to get Dandelion to the rasberry patch that I had my moonrise moment. I don't know if you had trouble getting him there like I did, but it took me several days (game time) to figure out how to get him to show up. During that time, since I had killed everything I could find, I had time to just wander around and enjoy the game design art. Earlier, I had a tough time killing the Dagon (sp?) because I happened to pick this fight late in the day, and as I battled, the sun set and the moon came up. I found myself fighting and at the same time, trying to look out over the water at the view when my attackers would give me the chance. I hope this company make a lot of money so they never stop making games. They just suit my tastes in so many ways. My game world escape is not so dependent on my own imagination to play along because their imagination is so way ahead of my own that I can just let it flow in the direction they provide.

MikeDanger said:
I had a tough time killing the Dagon (sp?) because I happened to pick this fight late in the day, and as I battled, the sun set and the moon came up. I found myself fighting and at the same time, trying to look out over the water at the view when my attackers would give me the chance.
Wow. That's neat!
MikeDanger said:
I hope this company make a lot of money so they never stop making games. They just suit my tastes in so many ways. My game world escape is not so dependent on my own imagination to play along because their imagination is so way ahead of my own that I can just let it flow in the direction they provide.
Agreed!

I am losing my postings and where they might have gone to . . . is this a sign of "old" age or just one of the many signs of old age, I just can't seem to remember. Can some one help me out?

Never mind I found'em It took a bit of doing say like I put my new specs on . . . *sigh* Sorry folks! If anyone wants to take a shot or two at me please feel free and remember I do walk with a cane so your chances of hitting me are pretty good . . . LOL!

I think it's just one of the many signs of ... um ... what was the question? Anyway. Glad you stumbled your way back. How are your roses doing?

Top Bottom