The Over-40 Hang-out

+
MikeDanger said:
I think it's just one of the many signs of ... um ... what was the question? Anyway. Glad you stumbled your way back. How are your roses doing?
I think its that short term what you ma call it goes first but I don't remember :eek:see I almost edit Mike Danger post forgot which tab to hit :eek:

gamewidow said:
good heavens gentlemen! you'll scare the newbies .... not all of us are decrepit at over 40 ;D
you are right . If the number of my years astonishes me when I stumble on it, I don't feel decrepit... perhaps a little creaky on the edges . But as long as I can play RPG, I can be as young and spry as the hero is. And , as oldies talk much about good old time, I would like to know if you, ancient gamers, you have nice memories of special moments, when you were quite thrilled and impressed ,by what is perhaps only a detail in the game . But it will stay in mind ,even when the game is no more played. The message from Petra Silie -Aug.3 - would be a good exemple ; she will remember this sunset even when The Witcher IV will be released. Forgive my english which is as creaky as my edges.

un plaisir de vous re-voir GM Baba! :)and yes, there are many, many fine moments that i will keep with me from this game ... for me, the light just after dawn , especially in the Outskirts was what stuck me first

Special moments can happen even after half a dozen replays - I recently had one on my sixth run through the game. I stood in the Temple of Dagon on Black Tern Island just as the moon rose over the lake... beautiful. And that is one of the reasons why this game is special: that even after playing it several times, there are still things that make me stand in the same spot and stare for 20 minutes, just like I did when I saw them first :)

One question . . . where are all the new bees at??? Some one said some one scared 'em away but I have'nt seen a new bee yet!Yes I have returned . . . Sorry . . . But this time I shall do my best to behave, I do promise! :evil:Please start by not double posting then ;)

Nimue said:
Special moments can happen even after half a dozen replays - I recently had one on my sixth run through the game. I stood in the Temple of Dagon on Black Tern Island just as the moon rose over the lake... beautiful. And that is one of the reasons why this game is special: that even after playing it several times, there are still things that make me stand in the same spot and stare for 20 minutes, just like I did when I saw them first :)
These special moments can be quite unexpected. Just this weekend I was working on our module, 'Birth, and Virgins', and I had to switch from the little game view you get when you're in the D'Jinni editor to the full screen view just to marvel at the beauty of the moonrise... In the main game, when you're in Murky Waters it never rains, but, although we're using the Murky Waters location for our module we've set the weather to be quite bad, so it's often raining. But on this run it was a fine, clear night, and just as you start the first quest you run directly towards the moonrise, with the river on your right - it's astonishingly beautiful.

Please start by not double posting then ;)[/QUOTE]Okay How on earth did I manage that one or is some one trying to confuse me RIGHT off the bat? Now if I have double posted Please forgive, dam those cheap drugs and new specks, if I haven't please try not to take advantage of the fact I am under the influance of "cheap" drugs and just got me new specks okay! :-[

Hey, I'm an old fart. I got The Witcher from Santa Claus last year and I built a new rig last spring about the same time the EE announcement came. I decided to wait for EE and reload on the new rig. Locked and ready.

@ Mr.Natural LOL well your Avatar and Tag pic take me back.To days to the underground comics and Fritz the Cat :DAnd yes I had a Black light in my bed room with the Day glow posters too LOL

gamewidow said:
welcome back anyway :)hope you acclimatize to the drugs ... dunno about the specs ;D
Well thanks, acclimation to meds are all ways fun and this case is no different just annoying as ever! Lets just say I'm on the "run" more than ever! LOL! As for the specs . . . I didn't even know my wife was such a gem . . . I'm in love all over again!

I certainly did in ways I refuse to discuss here due to the pervert factors LOL!And now on to something which I don't understand. The powers that be have finally released the "improved" version of the game, we were told, nay , promised we could down load this "improved" version for free . . . I see nothing. Were we lied to?Do not double post. Please.

How in the hell did I miss the over-40-crowd section until today. Hello everyone.42, and still a diehard gamer ;D

gamewidow said:
welcome :)it's been rather quiet here lately ... nice to have some fresh meat ... i mean ... company ;D
LOL GW you will never change and I hope you never do ;)Welcome sig970 yes there are some of us old timer here now where my walker got to get to the store

thanks seeker! always good to see you here as well! :wave:so ... is your life also consumed with downloading this patch ? ;D

Top Bottom