The Over-40 Hang-out

+
gamewidow said:
did you see The Escapist's ( zero punctuation ) review ? hilarious!
I didn't; I don't even know who The Escapist is. Link?And wow. You've discovered how to rouse the hibernating bear -- just insult him publicly. Somehow I never thought of that. :D(What's a zimmer? I thought it was German for "room," but those don't generally have legs.)Some of us actually ARE hard of hearing, but it's not because of age, it's because of a blow to the head that I took during a car accident. You could say that that explains a lot, but no, I was this weird even before that. :D

I still have Colossol Cave and Zork I, II the text based games. :whatthe: I remember playing SSI games on a 386mhz machine the constant lodading and about 4 to 5 hours to get from one level to the next. ::) Do You remember paying $289.00 for a 256Meg Hard Drive or $150 for a tape machine for a C64.My first color monitor 12" for the Amiga 500 was about $280.00 :wall:I for one am so glad that stuff has gotten so much cheaper. :Dyah call me old 8)

SocTrangTigers said:
I still have Colossol Cave and Zork I, II the text based games. :whatthe:
I have The Lost Treasures of Infocom, which contains Zork and lots of other text-based games; my husband and I get one out to play every once in awhile -- it usually takes both of us to figure the darned things out. :-[
yah call me old 8)
We could, but I won't. :D

I still have that amiga monitor ;) ... but your story reminds me of when we shelled out $750 for a VGA card (not even SVGA) and we thought we got a deal! (how times have changed)

SocTrangTigers said:
[glow=red,2,300]The Lost Treasures of Infocom[/glow]Send me a copy. ;D
I think they're out there on the web, if you want them. Activision is no longer selling this compilation, nor the one that came after it (Masterpieces of Infocom), so there's really no legitimate way to buy it.

Likely he does. From the little Java I know, the stuff Simon works on must frequently drive him crazy.A good old whipping helps to keep one concentrated :beer:

TheSilver said:
Likely he does. From the little Java I know, the stuff Simon works on must frequently drive him crazy.A good old whipping helps to keep one concentrated :beer:
Huh? I've been working with D'Jinni for six months. For someone who's worked with D'Jinni, having your brain excavated with a pneumatic drill feels positively relaxing.

Top Bottom