The Over-40 Hang-out

+
coastie65 said:
Starting a thread for us "Mature" gamers is a good idea.
Thank you. And welcome!There's a woman in her 70's who drops in here from time to time, and several of us are in our 50's. But I'm happy to sit at the feet of someone older and hear about How It Used To Be.

Truth be told, I'm old enough to draw Social Security. For our friends in other parts of the world that would be at least 62. I just chalked up another year on the 26th of June.

coastie65 said:
Truth be told, I'm old enough to draw Social Security. For our friends in other parts of the world that would be at least 62. I just chalked up another year on the 26th of June.
well belated happy bday and here i thought i was abnormal because i like pc games in my 50s seems like i`m in fine company.I didn`t start gaming until about 2 years ago as i just didn`t have the interest for it. My kids got me started by finding An avp2 from 2000 at a yard sale and thought i might it like as i`m an aliens junkie and i did. I prefer games set in medieval times don`t really know why ,love the lore i guess and when my wife got me The Witcher and got to playing it i was in 7th heaven. Here in the states we really don`t have lore of our own as everybody here except for the indians immigrated from other countries.Well must go as 4:00a.m. comes very early

Well I am glad to see I am good company. I'm 51 myself. My son got me started gaming. As therapy for a damaged brain due to getting severely shocked by 220 volts at pretty high amperage back in 1990. I started playing puzzle games and worked up to more advanced games though I still like my solitaire on the computer. I just got The Witcher the other day. I have played a few other RPG's; But not many. I really Love Witcher. I even replaced the canned music in my favorite solitaire game with the The Witcher Inspired music that came with the game. Pysol Fan Club is the solitaire. I did stop playing Witcher long enough to crochet the new grand baby a set of bootees. I am not ready for the rocking chair yet and gaming has helped my brain function. My memory function has improved a lot. I think all folks over 40 should play video games. Why should the young'uns have all the fun. I think they should have a game room in every nursing home. Maybe they are worried that the old folks will get smart and revolt. Or check out due to being able to function better. I only know one older gamer in this area. My only problem is my other half is a jerk and gripes whenever I am playing so I have to wait until he is watching movies or asleep. Well, if it comes to a choice between the games and him..........well I think he will miss the cooking and cleaning and gripe about that instead. But he watches videos 24/7 and ignores me unitill I fire up the laptop or get out the PSP. I tell him my videos are just interactive ones. I am glad I have found some older gamers here to hang out with. Its so Cooooooooool!!!!

Top Bottom