The Patch Has Destroyed Northern Realms.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
nivellen75;n7143740 said:
Promote as a counter to removal, Ok. Problem is you need something on the board first to use it on. Second, to make it valuable it should be more than one unit (of the same type), otherwise promote gives just +2 strength - that is very little and still can be countered by dimeritrium bomb. Btw, when are we going to get a counter to Skellige's uncounterable strength boosting? Since dimeritrium bomb already affects golden units, maybe it should reset units to their original base strength.

Promote is somewhat about risk versus reward. If you over invest before protecting your units they may be destroyed, for us that's part of the fun of this ability. If you can get away with a big combo then you'll win the round, but if your opponent manages to counter then you will likely lose.

Also counters to base strength will be coming in the future.

Rethas;n7143650 said:
Northern Realms will likely still be the most played faction after the patch. Promote is still a very powerful counter to removal.
Whoa, really?

Match faction counting here in the forum indicated that Monsters are the most played faction. The observed numbers are usually:

~40% Monsters
~30% Northern
~10% Scoia
~20% Skellige

(In long-term observations. Freak numbers during small observations are to be expected.)

Lytha;n7144760 said:
Whoa, really?

Match faction counting here in the forum indicated that Monsters are the most played faction. The observed numbers are usually:

~40% Monsters
~30% Northern
~10% Scoia
~20% Skellige

(In long-term observations. Freak numbers during small observations are to be expected.)
I think it must be the most used cause is the one you practice with during the tutorial.

I'd assume that a lot of new players start playing with the NR deck cause they feel more confident with it.

Lytha;n7144760 said:
Whoa, really?

~40% Monsters
~30% Northern
~10% Scoia
~20% Skellige

On many days Northern Realms is the most played faction, it fluctuates between this and monsters.

This is based on real data from the game.

Rethas;n7144910 said:
On many days Northern Realms is the most played faction, it fluctuates between this and monsters.

This is based on real data from the game.
Interesting. Thank you. :)

OwNeDUp;n7143960 said:
I think u guys overnerfed NR. After this changes foltest will be officialy burried, not like he was good anyway but now you won't see him ever. Radovid nerf unnecessary. About medics i think the chain ress was retarded but if u compare Skellige to NR with their direct ress and this sick discard allowing u to play whole deck every single game then NR don't have much to offer.

I just feel like the only average - decent NR deck will be henselt and spam units + promote but then if u add this chains which not only demote unit but also reset strenght then NR are officialy done. Still i don't think many people will play NR after next patch why ? Skellige just gonna be huge with harald, Scoiatael still will have decent wounding deck and manny possibilities to get card advantage, Monsters can play their "big" monster deck i mean by that spaming board with 8+ strenght units and with changed Dagon it will be even safer to play avoiding weathers easily.

Sorry I don't want to attack any one personally [ quoted post is for ref. only ] but I seriously don't know why NR players are crying?

Skellige medics have choice to choose but their units are not copy themselves [Poor Infantry] or bring back units from deck/graveyard after counter s ends [Reaver Hunter] which is big bonus for NR.
- Plus they have cards like Reaver scout, Reinforcement, Priscilla, Stennis, Thaler, Ves, Shani, Margarita Laux–Antille to spawn/resurrect or redraw cards.
- Plus they have offensive units like RT, RB, Ballista, Trebuchet, SÃ*le de Tansarville, Vernon Roche, Sabrina Glevissig
- Plus healing units like Kaedweni Siege Support, Blue Stripes Scout, John Natalis, Odrin
- Plus strength gaining units like Reinforced Siege Tower, Blue Stripes Commando, Dijkstra
- Plus pure strength units like DB Light Cavalry, Redanian Knight
- Plus auto converts to gold cards like DB Heavy Cavalry, Redanian Elite
- Plus NR can use weather too with natural cards
and on this NR having awesome units like Kaedweni Sergeant, baron, philippa & awesome leader like foltest, henselt, Radovid [ just compare with skellige leader abilities ]

& you still have promote to turn cards into gold & it's not like everyone is keeping 3 dbombs just to counter NR. I mean common even previosly no one keeping more then 1 dbomb then why now ?

So my final question is to all NR players tell me any faction which having this much variety & control ?? I have no idea why everyone is starting new threads on this, bad patch, killed roach, too much nerf blah blah blah? NR is still powerful with great variety of units but If you are habitual to buff > rush > promote strategy then I think its time to do something different & creative... Thanks.

Last edited:
TH3WITCH3R;n7145240 said:
I mean common even previosly no one keeping more then 1 dbomb.

Cause is a silver card. Only one copy allowed...?

I think I fought you like an hour ago, didn't I? Good to see you.

After thinking about it, is not the end of the NR, but is the end of the old NR tactics. Most of them won't very viable now. Even with Clear skies, the units will lose their buffs, and having 3 Reaver scouts / BS commandos at their base strength... is nothing spectacular. The cards care kind of mediocre by itself.

One smart move I can imagine is using Redanian Elite + Reinforcements, then focus on control / destroying units. In the next round you want to win, bring them back with medics and make them gold again. Add Siege towers and ballistas and pray for it to work.
But that's repetitive and predictable... Most of your card will go to the siege row.

OwNeDUp;n7143960 said:
I think u guys overnerfed NR. After this changes foltest will be officialy burried, not like he was good anyway but now you won't see him ever. Radovid nerf unnecessary. About medics i think the chain ress was retarded but if u compare Skellige to NR with their direct ress and this sick discard allowing u to play whole deck every single game then NR don't have much to offer.

I just feel like the only average - decent NR deck will be henselt and spam units + promote but then if u add this chains which not only demote unit but also reset strenght then NR are officialy done. Still i don't think many people will play NR after next patch why ? Skellige just gonna be huge with harald, Scoiatael still will have decent wounding deck and manny possibilities to get card advantage, Monsters can play their "big" monster deck i mean by that spaming board with 8+ strenght units and with changed Dagon it will be even safer to play avoiding weathers easily.
Radovid Control will still be an option. Although I don't know how good it is that most decks are X control. Monster control, NR control, ST control, SK control...

Monalba;n7145480 said:
Cause is a silver card. Only one copy allowed...? I think I fought you like an hour ago, didn't I? Good to see you. After thinking about it, is not the end of the NR, but is the end of the old NR tactics. Most of them won't very viable now. Even with Clear skies, the units will lose their buffs, and having 3 Reaver scouts / BS commandos at their base strength... is nothing spectacular. The cards care kind of mediocre by itself. One smart move I can imagine is using Redanian Elite + Reinforcements, then focus on control / destroying units. In the next round you want to win, bring them back with medics and make them gold again. Add Siege towers and ballistas and pray for it to work. But that's repetitive and predictable... Most of your card will go to the siege row.

Ohh sorry missed dbomb is silver but then it's good news as it's silver we only can keep 1 dbomb :)

sry i really don't remember that we fought btw who won :)

yehh that's what I am saying it's not the end of world for NR, game is still in beta, new cards are coming so enjoy the game & just add constructive feedback & suggestions. I mean It's ok to pot what you don't like but at least wait for patch as in live feed they told that there are total 140 changes in patch.

Lytha;n7144760 said:
Whoa, really?

~40% Monsters
~30% Northern
~10% Scoia
~20% Skellige

Your observation vs CDPR real data? I take CDPRs word for it any day.

DirkAustin;n7145700 said:
Your observation vs CDPR real data? I take CDPRs word for it any day.
Really? So do I.

*scratch head about that posting of yours*

It actually means that the "freak days of no monster to be seen, only nordlings everywhere" are NOT just freak days though, which should be dismissed as freak exceptions. That is the really interesting part.

Lytha;n7145790 said:
Really? So do I.

*scratch head about that posting of yours*

It actually means that the "freak days of no monster to be seen, only nordlings everywhere" are NOT just freak days though, which should be dismissed as freak exceptions. That is the really interesting part.

CDPR have the real stats, you simply posted your "claim" of what you think is the most played. Im very happy about this beta so far btw, we get a lot of communication with CDPR and so far the patches seem really great.

Rethas;n7144660 said:
Also counters to base strength will be coming in the future.
All weather effects? All damage effects? Isn't it enough to counter base strength? We need interactions with golden cards, but we are definitely not lacking the resources to ground the base str cards.

What I would suggest is to have cards like "While this card is in play, all buffs deal damage instead" or smth along this lines. Cards that can alter the game plan in the middle of the fight.

DirkAustin;n7145810 said:
CDPR have the real stats, you simply posted your "claim" of what you think is the most played.
What?

I am stating what has been observed by multiple players as the percentage of their opponents. Not "what we think that is being played". You know? Those threads about "95% of my opponents are monsters" or "where have all the monsters gone"? You might remember those. They crop up all the time, after all.

And it is extremely interesting that apparently the numbers shift daily. Which means that hypotheses about "I lost a bunch of games, dropped in MMR, and here are the monsters, so monsters apparently don't do well" are not valid. Extremely interesting also, because it actually confirms the observations that the frequency of certain factions fluctuate (while the general average stayed pretty solid at the stated 40%, 30%, 10% and 20%).

If you can only see this in the light of discrediting the observations and insult the observers, then there's nothing to talk about though.

gamingdevil800;n7142630 said:
So how is NR supposed to compete with the other decks now?

By actually getting 'Gud' at not just relying on cheese and spam to win. I like that CD Projekt Red are fixing the exploits and actually forcing players to learn to play the game with skill.

TH3WITCH3R;n7145520 said:
t btw who won :)
I did. You were playing Skellige. I recognized TH3WITC3R nick from here. GG mate.
TH3WITCH3R;n7145520 said:
new cards are coming so enjoy the game & just add constructive feedback & suggestions

I have a lot of faith in the upcoming NR cards.
So far, most of their tactics revolve around gold and buffing.
They have Bronze cards that buff, silver that buff, golden that buff... There are lots of cards that work becoming gold, or that trigger once a gold appear.
So, with all this, we hate to consider that weakening the Promotion card pretty much weakens the faction as a whole.

But as said, that's just one way to go. I expect cards like Witch hunters, the order of the flaming rose, etc, that I think could really transform the NR faction.
Imagine the Witch hunter being immune to special cards. No Lacerate or Thunder for them. All that while you have a bunch of golden cards round.
The NR could become a faction that relies on deploying units that might not be very strong, but could be very durable.
Is interesting, at least. Can't wait to see more.

TH3WITCH3R;n7145240 said:
Sorry I don't want to attack any one personally [ quoted post is for ref. only ] but I seriously don't know why NR players are crying?

Skellige medics have choice to choose but their units are not copy themselves [Poor Infantry] or bring back units from deck/graveyard after counter s ends [Reaver Hunter] which is big bonus for NR.
- Plus they have cards like Reaver scout, Reinforcement, Priscilla, Stennis, Thaler, Ves, Shani, Margarita Laux–Antille to spawn/resurrect or redraw cards.
- Plus they have offensive units like RT, RB, Ballista, Trebuchet, SÃ*le de Tansarville, Vernon Roche, Sabrina Glevissig
- Plus healing units like Kaedweni Siege Support, Blue Stripes Scout, John Natalis, Odrin
- Plus strength gaining units like Reinforced Siege Tower, Blue Stripes Commando, Dijkstra
- Plus pure strength units like DB Light Cavalry, Redanian Knight
- Plus auto converts to gold cards like DB Heavy Cavalry, Redanian Elite
- Plus NR can use weather too with natural cards
and on this NR having awesome units like Kaedweni Sergeant, baron, philippa & awesome leader like foltest, henselt, Radovid [ just compare with skellige leader abilities ]

& you still have promote to turn cards into gold & it's not like everyone is keeping 3 dbombs just to counter NR. I mean common even previosly no one keeping more then 1 dbomb then why now ?

So my final question is to all NR players tell me any faction which having this much variety & control ?? I have no idea why everyone is starting new threads on this, bad patch, killed roach, too much nerf blah blah blah? NR is still powerful with great variety of units but If you are habitual to buff > rush > promote strategy then I think its time to do something different & creative... Thanks.

Ok so you just randomly said all the names of every single NR units. 1st of all nobody is playing buff > rush > promote as u said unless you are lvl 10 and i don't really care about this strat. The biggest joke is that skillege can draw 25 cards every single game they can ress 5 - 6 times sometimes units with 10 - 20 strenght they have weather resist units meanwhile weather just plows NR units. With 1 ress card u can make ~30 power on board. Tell me something else. And your saying skellinge has bad leaders lol guess what Harald top 1 leader next patch.

cwattyeso;n7145980 said:
By actually getting 'Gud' at not just relying on cheese and spam to win. I like that CD Projekt Red are fixing the exploits and actually forcing players to learn to play the game with skill.

Exactly. Its boring seeing the same "meta" strategies everyone just copy pastes into their own decks and then expects it to never change. Thats why game companies make changes like this, to shake things up. They will keep doing this after release as well so the game wont get stale. People better get used to it now.

OwNeDUp;n7146080 said:
Ok so you just randomly said all the names of every single NR units. 1st of all nobody is playing buff > rush > promote as u said unless you are lvl 10 and i don't really care about this strat. The biggest joke is that skillege can draw 25 cards every single game they can ress 5 - 6 times sometimes units with 10 - 20 strenght they have weather resist units meanwhile weather just plows NR units. With 1 ress card u can make ~30 power on board. Tell me something else. And your saying skellinge has bad leaders lol guess what Harald top 1 leader next patch.

give me name of skellige units with 10-20 strength which immune to weather as I know longship is 7 highest strength immune unit in skellige.
To draw 25 cards skeiilge needs to use birna & donar which adds total of 17 strength to opp.
Plus drawing cards mostly silver & gold which is Donar, Svanrige, Birna, Ermion & as I said above 2 cards are giving strength to opp.
with 1 card 30 strength please give example as if I use Sigrdrifa > Freya > Lonship in last round still it's not crossing 20 strength where NR can gain 30 strength with Redanian Elite + Reinforcement
About leader I said compare to as some of the player saying NR leader are weak now.

And lastly I never said Skillege is weak faction & needs a buff, I just said there is no need to make threads on same NR nerf topics as it's a still one of the strong faction with lots of variety in units.

Last edited:
I was talking about skirmishers, they are not immune to weather other untis are but still u can make 30+ value with 1 ress. And cmon u don't need all this cards to draw "most" of the deck. You will see how skellegie gonna just plow with harald and new clear skies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom