The Perfect Yennefer

+
Well, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

Every time a cosplay guide gets revealed there'll be one angry mob charging another.
I'll just bring some popcorn and watch the show~*

I like your adjustments. If the eyebrows were lower as well, it would give that more serious edge to her that I think people want.

Generic? The large majority of people's eyebrows have some kind of angle to them. Doesn't make it generic, just a human trait. The more angled, the more serious that person tends to look which given Yen's character, would not be out of place.

This is what I meant authoritative woman with angled eyebrows all the time. It's rather trope-ish like how you'd design a childrens book villain. It's too direct which a lot of media is and therefore why I said it was generic.

Now if you had kind and soft eyebrows suddenly become angry has a nicer juxtaposition thing I dunno man.

Nice job @EmperorZorn, it looks better that way!

Also made a mock-up, only with her touched up SOD face (thinner chin and thinner lips - lore) - the angle was not right so it's not that great.

That's a nice edit !

I appreciate the thinner lips, the thicker ones bothered me a bit when looking at the guide.
But then again it's all a matter of taste. I like yours, could get used to it.

This is what I meant authoritative woman with angled eyebrows all the time. It's rather trope-ish like how you'd design a childrens book villain. It's too direct which a lot of media is and therefore why I said it was generic.

Now if you had kind and soft eyebrows suddenly become angry has a nicer juxtaposition thing I dunno man.

I get where you are coming from and I agree and disagree in some ways, though I totally respect your opinion. There are so many ways that they can be done/styled/shaped without being generic while still meeting a desired feel.

For instance, I think the later models of Jill Valentine do a good job of looking serious without being generic. Or for example this cosplayer of her.

But of course, everything comes down to people's preference which varies greatly. :)

I gotta say, they should've gone for a look more along the lines of how Philippa looks. Philippa really has the look of a confident, intelligent, iron-willed woman, and that is precisely what Yennefer needs to convey when you look at her.

To include a positive point in my post, I would like to say that I really like the fact that there is a dress version, and a, I guess "travel" version of the outfit. Makes me wonder if they included several outfits per character, which would be great. I mean really, I'm ok with Ciri's rather open blouse, Novigrad looked pretty hot that time of year, but if she wears that stuff at Skellige? Thaaaaaaaat would be almost as ridiculous as high heels =P (seriously, ridiculous invention, learn to use your feet if that isn't immediately obvious to you)

I get where you are coming from and I agree and disagree in some ways, though I totally respect your opinion. There are so many ways that they can be done/styled/shaped without being generic while still meeting a desired feel.

For instance, I think the later models of Jill Valentine do a good job of looking serious without being generic. Or for example this cosplayer of her.
But of course, everything comes down to people's preference which varies greatly. :)

Sherry Birkin is a QT 3. 1415926535 ...
@Percival_Dickenbutts would love to see Triss and Yen in some formal dresses CDPR can go nuts with design and cloth physics

Sherry Birkin is a QT 3. 1415926535 ...
@Percival_Dickenbutts --> would love to see Triss and Yen in some formal dresses CDPR can go nuts with design and cloth physics

I could see Sherry's face working in place of the current Ciri's actually now that I look at it, maybe just a little leaner given her book descriptions. Poor Claire, when will she finally get her next game showcase instead of being in not very good CG movies? Ok, back to the topic!

@Percival_Dickenbutts and @guipit Yes! The dress variant was a nice thing to see. I hope we get to see some kind of dance scene with Geralt and whoever he is going with as his love interest. Something reminiscent of this (god, I remember when this was mind blowing CG):

Let's watch Geralt be all awkward and then get it together and put his witcher pirouettes and spins to good use! ;)

Her face changed a lot more than little bit:

And for me Yennefer drom SoD trailer was waay better :(

current version looks like a pretty girl with character (I can feel her bitchiness just from looking at it), the features of the old version are not sharp enough, maybe because of the lighting, but she looked like an actress back in the 70s

also plz dont make her look like a Final Fantasy character

Last edited:
Really CDPR? I can't be more dissappointed. Basing it on a coplayer. This is Bioware tier screw up of Yvonne Strahovski. I thought you were better than basing iconic characters on random cosplayers

Really CDPR? I can't be more dissappointed. Basing it on a coplayer. This is Bioware tier screw up of Yvonne Strahovski. I thought you were better than basing iconic characters on random cosplayers
the only resemblance with the cosplayer I can see is the chin, but you do have a point there

Sorry, but I'm going to have to be a bit of a jerk here and get on a soapbox, but please understand that I don't bear you any kind of grudge with what I am about to say.

That 'random cosplayer' was sponsored specifically by CDPR. You have no idea if they already updated the model after the SoD trailer feedback. Or if Eve based her cosplay on an updated model that was shared with her only and not the other way around. Or maybe CDPR decided the more 'lore-friendly' makeup for sorceresses needed to be present (there are many parts in the books that discuss this).

None of us outsiders know, so coming in here and blasting CDPR in such a manner just comes off as rude. You have your opinion and you are free to state that, there are plenty of people who have been agreeing with you after all, but you're going beyond that and making accusations and being kinda mean at this point. Please, PLEASE be more constructive than this. I know you are passionate about the game and I don't want you to stop sharing that.

It has been discussed several times that there actually doesn't seem to be much difference with the model compared to the SoD one, it's just appears that the camera is using a different focal length which gives a bit of warp and that the model has had texture changes. Look at the comparison shot earlier with the two and actually compare the aspects - the shape of the lips, the positioning of the eyes and brows, the shape of the nose, etc. They're pretty much identical.

At a first glance a few things seem a bit off, but let's keep in mind that the ingame camera
can make a great 3D model look a bit weird, especially when zooming in on it.

I have faith in CDPR and I trust their character designers, they know what they are doing.
Let's wait for Yennefer ingame footage before we get our torches and pitchforks, ok ?

Very nice editing, Zorn, great job! Could you maybe also make the lips thinner and more tightly pressed with your magic photo editing skills? I think that would make the picture even better.

Very nice editing, Zorn, great job! Could you maybe also make the lips thinner and more tightly pressed with your magic photo editing skills? I think that would make the picture even better.

I did.

You can see it here.
But chances are that a mod is going to move this post into this thread anyway.

Top Bottom