The Perfect Yennefer

+
Yennefer in these Cosplayer docs look - to keep it simple - plain awful. She even looks a whole lot worse than in the SOD trailer...

I mean, that's how you think a magically enhanced face of a sorceress should look like? A women which is acknowledged in the whole Witcher world for her beauty? Hmmm....

It seems to me that CDPR want to make Triss more beautiful than Yennefer on purpose because Triss is "their" character and they don't want peope to be disappointed (and book fans are only a small portion of the customers they aim for)... even the maid in the woods from the E3 gameplay demo looked better than Yen in these docs...

:rebel:

Edit: Sorry, Zorn, but I think your edits didn't really help much. The basis is lacking too much.

Last edited:
I did.

You can see it here.
But chances are that a mod is going to move this post into this thread anyway.

Yes! I like it even more with a natural shade on her lips rather than the darker lipstick, too. Not that I can't see Yen wearing lipstick, it's just a personal preference. Well done!

What's up with the cheekbones? Their round shape gives Yen this...I don't know how to call it properly...girl-ish look. It's definitely far from the femme fatale Yennefer that I always imagined.

If there's one character that I think CDPR needs to tweak, I say it's this version of Yen. I'm usually in awe of CDPR's character artists, but this time I'm more like

What's up with the cheekbones? Their round shape gives Yen this...I don't know how to call it properly...girl-ish look. It's definitely far from the femme fatale Yennefer that I always imagined.
Exactly. The Yen here looks like a mean girl but not like an experienced but arrogant woman. Femme fatale is absolutely the right word.

Like Geralt himself her face is much too soft and round imo. Is that a problem with the engine???

Exactly. The Yen here looks like a mean girl but not like an experienced but arrogant woman. Femme fatale is absolutely the right word.

Like Geralt himself her face is much too soft and round imo. Is that a problem with the engine???

Well, the problem I have with this design is that she hardly even looks mean. Arrogance and experience are totally missing. She looks like an innocent, adolescent girl.

Perfect! We should try to summon @Marcin Momot and @Michal Janczewski , maybe they can pass your version down the line so that it could be used to improve the current model.

Thank you, my friend ~*

But it's just a suggestion and it might not resonate with everyone.

I'd prefer if the REDs realize their own vision of the characters, I have faith in them.
But hey - if they aren't sure what they could do, here's something to work with !

we need to see the face in animation (from different aspects) to have a better idea of how it actually looks

Well, the problem I have with this design is that she hardly even looks mean. Arrogance and experience are totally missing. She looks like an innocent, adolescent girl.
young, yes, but her sharp features look quite far from innocent to me, if anything those eyes are pretty deceptive

Last edited:
I don't know...she has a "horsish" look to me tbh. Her jaws are just somewhat off, not like a real (beauty) girl would proportioned. Maybe that's why I think she looks kind of mean a bit. But she definitely missed everything that she is known off: wide-known magically enhanced beauty, arrogance, experienced look, overboarding self-confidence. Like you've said, a femme fatale...

we need to see the face in animation (from different aspect) to have a better idea of how it actually looks
Well true, but according to my experience with the material so far the faces don't get better in motion. For example Geralt's face looks much worse and more off in (in-game) motion than on some stills and screenshots (like from the SOD trailer). I don't think that it would be much different in this case...

Still the best looking (and fitting) Yennefer imo (though her chin is probably a little bit too prominent and thin, but the overall look and expression is right):

Credits go to Justanor, my favorite Witcher artist. Man, I wished CDPR would have hired her for Witcher 3...

@EmperorZorn
A 3D version of Eve would be MUCH better than this poor version CDPR came up with for the cosplay documents IMO..

Last edited:
Moderator: There is only one form of criticism of any cosplayer that the forums will countenance, and that is constructive criticism.

Calling any image a botched cosplay is not constructive criticism, and it will result in post deletions and actions against the accounts of members repeatedly making such posts.

If it was your post that went away, you can take this as a statement that this warning was directed at you.

I meant they botched up the transition from a real life model to in game engine it looks terrible. I don't mean anything about the cosplayer.
Also it'a terrible decision to tamper with iconic characters just to put cosplayers there for marketing

Jupiter_on_Mars

Breaking news: people are still complaining about something cdpr did in witcher 3. No one is surprised.

i promise to keep you updated as this tedious situation develops.

I feel so bad for CDPR because despite what they do, they will never be able to please you guys with your incessant nitpicking.

(...)

Hey, I have barely said a word of critisism against The Witcher 3 up to this point. Now I see something that really bothers me, and suddenly I belong to the nitpicking crowd? Am I not allowed to give my opinion anymore?

These three posts perfectly illustrate the sheer silliness the usual and unfortunately prodigal «nitpicking» accusations amount to. One thinks one's own criticism is perfectly justified but will readily dismiss third party's as «nitpicking». Multiply this by a fair number of members and it's not hard to imagine what you get: an incessant barrage of reciprocal «nitpicking» accusations.

@Jobbert , there's a wonderful lesson to be learned here.

@trissboobs , Newsflash! Someone was, is and will be complaining about alleged complainers! And sometimes without even bothering to address the issue at hand!

When you deem the appearance of one of the lead characters as envisioned by REDs either too sacrosanct or too negligible to merit critique I think you pay a great disservice to the forum, whose main purpose is to provide feedback to REDs. I'm sure the adult professionals at CD Projekt don't throw a fit whenever someone points minor to big flaws in their work, don't storm to the nearest loo to weep by themselves. Adult professionals can take criticism, adult professionals can sort through criticism, adult professionals can benefit from criticism. In the unlikely and unprecedented scenario some of them cannot flex these skills, I'm sure there's an offering for positions falling outside of public scrutiny.

On topic, I might be wrong but it seems to me tweaking her 3D model is a relatively simple and quick procedure, so I can at least accommodate the possibility this is just a custom made version tailored for the cosplay competition. Can't think of any good reason why they'd do it, but I'll harbour that possibility for now .

Her face is too oblong, too almond-shaped, too impeccable, too stylized. Her butt, well, it's just suffocating in there, isn't it? All things considered, I'd be quite happy if this turned out to be just for cosplay purposes.

Last edited:
Some of the people in here are just complaining, be respectful of other people work and give constructive criticism, don't just complain, that doesnt help the cdprojekt red team.

Some of the people in here are just complaining, be respectful of other people work and give constructive criticism, don't just complain, that doesnt help the cdprojekt red team.

Well I'm sorry this is the most terrible thing I have seen in this game yet. I don't know how else to put it. It looks bad and it's bad that they changed the face for marketing reasons to match the cosplayer. It looks very unnatural. Random herbalist and old lady blow this away in quality. I was thinking how bad it is when Bioware did it (they changed it after that), and now CDPR.

Bring back the old face. That was way better.

Also I'm sorry If I came out aggressive and you had to mod me have to express myself better.

Last edited:
Hello mico, i respect your opinion and i respectfully disagree on what your saying, honestly it doesnt makes sense to me but thats just my opinion. Can i ask you something? why do you think this is so terrible, how does it affect you? im just curious, i know there are a lot of reasons why people are not happy with the character design of Yennefer, i just want to know your reason.

Why change perfection I say.

Never had an exact image of what I thought Yennefer looked like in my head while reading the books. Maybe something like a more mean looking Natalie Imbruglia. But then I saw the SoD trailer, and it just felt perfect. With Djikstra in the gameplay videos as well. Both are just spot on.

I hope the final iteration of her model becomes something similar to the SoD look. Really liked that one. Agreeing with mico11 on that, hoping that they take another look at the old face.

Lastly I think I'm going to stop following the development so closely. I let myself get really hyped for this game, which never happens, and so my expectations gets high. Too much of a roller-coaster tied up with personal preference. Just going to enjoy the game on release, without knowing all the minutia of what could have been.

Hope you all make yourself a good weekend.
/Marcus

Last edited:
Top Bottom