The Perfect Yennefer

+
I think the Yennefer in the opening cinematic fits perfectly with the one I had in mind while reading the book. She's not a great beauty, but very attractive in a special way, like having some kind of charm that could spellbind our Geralt.
View attachment 7243

Too bad CDprojektred changed her outfit though, I think the original sorceress robe, stocking, and high-heel sandals would fit her much better than the super tight pants and knee boots.
Does anyone know what she would like in game though? Will it be more like the one in the trailer or the model they put up for the cosplay guide?

Attachments

• the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-opening-cinematic-the-trai.jpg
    the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-opening-cinematic-the-trai.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/thewitcher/photos/a.165254449330.117240.9659019330/10152530296279331/?type=1&relevant_count=1

Look at this people :D 'Alternative look for Yennefer' as a DLC. Sounds great, and after that nobody should complain that she is too pretty, too ugly or whatever (she looks quite gorgeous in this dlc picture there)

Edit: There is a close up of the picture, and Yen looks a bit like a rabbit on drugs, still cool though. :D

http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/media/THE%20WITCHER%203/Image/DLC/FullHD-EN_001.png

Last edited:
Yep, I like her alternative look :) She has a sharper edge. More of a femme fatal feel.

I agree, problem is they said it will be available a week after the game gets released :(

edit: apparently the dlc only changes the outfit which is alright IMO.

Last edited:
Really? Well, guess I was fooled by the angle. That line in her cheek gave it a sunken\thinner look I didn't spot in her cosplay guide, so I figured it included a few subtle changes to her facial structure as well.

Really? Well, guess I was fooled by the angle. That line in her cheek gave it a sunken\thinner look I didn't spot in her cosplay guide, so I figured it included a few subtle changes to her facial structure as well.

I do think the model in the dlc image is different that the one showed in the cosplay guide.

Good to get another pic. I was curious how she would look like and while it's not quite how I imagined her(not that I expected that), CDPR did a really great job.

I believe that facial structure is exactly the purpose of Yen's DLC. She looks different and much better than cosplay Yen

I Have a feeling Yen will be modeled and remodeled to hell and back before the games release.
She also looks great from the DLC picture :D

I believe that facial structure is exactly the purpose of Yen's DLC. She looks different and much better than cosplay Yen

Nah they said specifically (On the Polish forums) that it's only a costume change, unless something buggered up in the Google Translate, that's the impression I got, and it makes the most sense.

On the topic of 'The Perfect Yen', the Cosplay Guide was probably the first time I've ever gone "Nope" to a CDPR character design. I'm still not sure whether I prefer SoD or the DLC picture version, but the mere fact that I can't decide is a good sign, they're both fantastic and good enough. Sure, maybe it's not "perfect", but much like Geralt not being quite pale enough, the face is still perfectly good enough and CDPR's model is never going to match exactly what I want, so I'm totally satisfied.

She actually looks different in every single thing cdp red shows us; sod trailer, cosplay guide, intro, concept art, render and dlc, so it's hard to tell which look she is going to have :p As long as she doesn't resemble the one from cosplay guide it should be alright. It's a pity her hair is so short (I guess they are still problematic to cdp red) + I got an impression from the render image that she is unnaturally tall, but it's just a render I guess. Her outfit is excellent though, really pretty.

Well, as long as they give us modding tools and ability to export and import models using 3dmax - I'm ok :D

I really wish they do something about her face. They got the perfect Ciri but they seem to have fumbled Yen's face a bit. The one shown in SoD trailer was perfect though, I hope they go back to using that.

I really wish they do something about her face. They got the perfect Ciri but they seem to have fumbled Yen's face a bit. The one shown in SoD trailer was perfect though, I hope they go back to using that.
It's highly subjective what people think about her look. In my opinion her SoD face was by far the worst of all shown so far.

Top Bottom