''The Pickup'' Quest bugged.

+
So, I'm at ''The Pickup'' quest and i've done everything except '' meet with jackie'' when i track that objective the game gives me none to follow and i went to the places in some videos i watched in the quest and he is nowhere to be found...only me that is already soft locked?
Post automatically merged:

worth to mention that i reloaded previous saves and restarted the game.

I have the same problem. No waypoint to All Foods, Jackie isn't there. The moment I had the quest, it broke as I never had a waypoint marker for all Foods, just the suit.

You can't enter the All Foods sequence without talking to him first, and he's a no-show. Thus, the save file is hard broken and I don't have a save far enough back to undo it without restarting.

I've met with Evelyn and done the whole BD analysis with her and Judy, then I called and met with Meredith and took the Militech chip. The last thing I have left to do is "Meet with Jackie" but there's no marker to go to. I think I might have skipped a step (image attached for reference). Some walkthroughs say I have to meet Jackie to pick up his new car then meet Meredith, but I don't recall a marker for Jackie ever showing up regardless. I don't have earlier saves (I rewrite them, which I probably shouldn't do with this game because of its reputation for bugs) and I've saved, quit, and restarted the game. If someone could just post exactly where on the map Jackie is, either to pick up his car or to go to the All Foods factory to meet up with Maelstrom, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Attachments

• Meet_with_Jackie.png
    Meet_with_Jackie.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,601
You see all the Exclamation markers. One of them (the one in the south) has a little star on it. This should be your active quest marker i think. Iirc there should be jackie on his bike when you arrive.

During the quest, The Pick Up. I went to see Meredith Stout, as a Corpo, got the virused cred-chip. I did not bring Jackie with me, but now I cannot progress the quest. The options I have in my quest log are,

Meet Jackie
Remove the Virus (Optional)

Selecting either does not give me a location on the map, nor a trail to follow. I've driven and walked all around All Foods, and Jackie is not here. There is currently no way for me to progress the main story. Thank you.

Hi,
I encountered a bug on the mission The Pickup.
2 enemies were stuck behind walls, I'm not sure what triggered that. Enemies were clearly outside of the game map, not in a room or something.

My teammates (Jackie, Maelstrom guys) were shooting the walls indefinitely, trying to hit the enemies behind the walls.

Hi Devs,

I just want to point out that there is a bug on the 'The Pickup' mission. The stealth mission in escaping Maelstrom's lair. I ran my first game with no guns at all and was stuck for an hour. Decided to restart a new game because I had a hunch that it may be a bug because there is no way in hell I can get out of that spot without guns. I managed to pick up a shotgun when I killed a bot (just using fists and stealth) but I couldn't equip it at all.

I started a new game and the second time I did the mission, I now had guns. So it's probably a bug.

I hope you check on this. Thank you and what a great game.

During the quest, The Pick Up. I went to see Meredith Stout, as a Corpo, got the virused cred-chip. I did not bring Jackie with me, but now I cannot progress the quest. The options I have in my quest log are,

Meet Jackie
Remove the Virus (Optional)

Selecting either does not give me a location on the map, nor a trail to follow. I've driven and walked all around All Foods, and Jackie is not here. There is currently no way for me to progress the main story. My save is enclosed.

Attachments

• AutoSave-6.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 178
Can someone post a screenshot with the supposedly mark that is? also, my game just bugged and now if I call Jackie, it aoutoloop infinitely, so I call them hang off, the automatically no user input I call him again, hang off, call him again, etc...

That's... trolling.

So do you guys recomend me to play again from 0?

Negative, there are no quest markers with asterisks besides new undiscovered gigs, and nothing outside of Watson except two markers, one for the payout for the rescue, and one unknown. neither can be reached because of the Watson lockdown.

20201210173256_1.jpg

As you can see, there is no 'filled' icon denoting main quests. There is no quest marker at All Foods. Jackie's motor cycle is outside of All Foods (it's not interactable, so I assume it's his), but he is not there. Jackie either goes into an infinite loop with his phone calls or no longer answers his phone.

i assume the quest bugged at some point BEFORE talking to Corpo Big-hair man-lady, as there was no quest marker when "the pickup" was assigned as a job, and that was probably around the time of the first infinite jackie-call loop.

Last edited:
I'm having exactly same issue as OP.

No waypoint, no starred exclamation Mark, no main mission marker on map, no Jackie by the food stand he mentions in messages.

I've rebooted, slept in-game, done a couple sidequests, no change. All my autosaves are from after the bug kicked in. Seems only way is to restart the whole game.

Really disappointed in this. Desperately hope there's an incoming fix soon.

This was also broken for me and I know why, at least in my case anyway.

I phoned Jackie once and exchanged some words but after that every time I hung up he would call again. After about 5 times it stopped. I then progressed through The Pickup quest and when I came to meet him at All Foods his marker wasn't there. I could find the place but he was no where to be seen.

I then reloaded to a previous save and could find him on the map as intended. I went to the place and before I approached him I gave him a call just to test. The hangup glitch happened again and he literally disappeared right in front of me.
So to avoid this bug: Simply don't call Jackie before doing this quest xD At least it worked for me :)

I can record a video of this happening if it helps CDPR and the rest of you :)

Same bug for me.. Tried everything i though of: reloading older save, restarting game and console, fast traveling, doing some side quests, looping phone call and tracking him to mistys shop(nothing can be done there..)

Will probably start new game tomorrow..

same exact issue. I have done every side job but one (the side job shown on map also appears to be bugged and doesn't trigger when reaching it). I am only left with the Gigs (shown with a ? on map). I am level 8, street cred 12, so I really don't want to restart from the beginning again. It would be nice if CDPR could tell us if we should just wait for a patch, or restart now before going any further.
1607645470039.png

Top Bottom