The Play is the Thing - I saved ticket fee. Could that break anything?

+
The Play is the Thing - I saved ticket fee. Could that break anything?

Uhm. I decided to go out of my way to save some money and entered Madame Irina's theater area via the rooftops instead of buying a ticket.

Does anyone know if this will break anything?

Irina talked with me like normal. Both entrance doors are now unlocked. Ticket seller doesn't talk with me anymore except for one liners. No Red X.
I notice that the path to Meyer&Meyer working area is not blocked now, but not sure if it normally is blocked at this time. Both Meyers are currently not present. No doggies yet. Meyer&Meyer workshop door and outer door locked.

(Path via rooftops: Coming from south. Hopped onto the roof next to southern entrance door. Had to retry a couple of times until momentum catapulted me over the top of the roof to the other side, and it was easy from there.)

I'm asking because during my first time of Carnal Sins, when I followed the quest marker on the minimap blindly, I kinda didn't find the Meyer&Meyer normal entrance and happened to enter their working space via this rooftop route. And that kinda did cause problems with Carnal Sins, though I don't remember clearly anymore what exactly broke. Maybe the living Meyer didn't spawn or something.

... ok, just going to try. I took a save before this unusual entrance into the theater.

---------- Updated at 07:13 PM ----------

So far, so no issues.

Going to make a run for Carnal Sins now.

Though it could also break the Dijkstra/Roche/Thaler/Nameless Twin of Ves meeting in act 3.

Last edited:
Cheapskate.

I've never done it, but I've always assumed that the route over the roof was deliberately included as an option, basically coming down to a choice between swapping money for XP or not. (I'm also not sure on the XP, maybe you get more for the quest if you sneak in as a reward for initiative ;) )

I just did it because ticket seller's oddly meaningfully spoken: "Want a ticket?" annoyed me and because I don't think that access to the theater while there is no show should not cost any money. :)

I did not notice any XP... hrm. I massively overlevel it anyway by now though, so it might have been all the difference between 1 or 2 XP. ;)

I am not sure if the rooftop way is "intentionally left open." It seemed to me like an unintentional gap in the border, which was carefully closed all around the theater. The more obvious seeming rooftops nearby were carefully made inaccessible; and the top part of the rooftop I climbed on was also made somewhat hostile. The roof tiles were slippery, the top blocked normal passage unless the momentum was just right. I couldn't even do the normal bunny-hop style of TW3-mountain-climbing on this roof.

Yeah, anyway. Months ago, back then when I was too dense to do Carnal Sins properly, the interaction with the Meyer&Meyer entrance door was apparently needed to trigger respawning of the living Meyer, or it gave her the "communicate about the murder" flag. I don't remember if the problem was that she hadn't spawned or if the problem was that she just didn't want to communicate. It's been a while.

So I am not sure if bypassing the ticket seller interaction and the interaction with the normal theater door caused some havoc for me in the long run, but I guess I'll just wait and see. If anything breaks, then I'll know what caused it, I guess. :)

Not sure which way you went in, but I vaguely recall that I went in from the yard next to Triss's old house, and that it was fairly straightforward.
Oh, I couldn't scale the walls in Triss' courtyard.

I went to that eternal fire next to the southern entrance of the theater, tried the door, looked to the east and saw a rooftop that looked like I could jump onto from the railing next to that wooden high bridge over the river.

Went in that way. :)

iCake

Forum veteran
Yeah, anyway. Months ago, back then when I was too dense to do Carnal Sins properly, the interaction with the Meyer&Meyer entrance door was apparently needed to trigger respawning of the living Meyer, or it gave her the "communicate about the murder" flag.

I clearly remember seeing both Meyers alive when I reached their little workshop way before starting the carnal sins. Nothing broke for me back then.

I clearly remember seeing both Meyers alive when I reached their little workshop way before starting the carnal sins. Nothing broke for me back then.
Yes, of course. They are both there early on, working.

They disappear after some progress of the mainquests and their main gate becomes locked.

-----------------

And it seems that my rooftop cheapskating did not break Carnal Sins. All was as usual, including the blocked passage between theater and the workshop.

That leaves Reason of State as the last potential victim of the rooftop shortcut. ;)

So yeah, Reason of State was not hurt by the rooftop path. (Sided with the incest freak this time, to check state of things in the epilogue in White Orchard. Not sure if that might make any difference.)

So, no reason not to save the ticket fee. ;)

Those 50 crowns make all the difference, after all. :lol:

So, no reason not to save the ticket fee. ;)

Those 50 crowns make all the difference, after all. :lol:

Yeah, my poor Geralt only has 50 000 crowns :D No money to buy tickets...

But this is good to know in case someone want's to make things differently :)

Yeah, my poor Geralt only has 50 000 crowns :D No money to buy tickets...

But this is good to know in case someone want's to make things differently :)

Sometimes it's about principle!!! :evil:

@Lytha Thanks for testing!!! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom