The Politics of The Witcher 2. Part 2: The Kingslayers (spoilers)

+
Good read once again. One small nitpick though:

She was one of the founding members of the Lodge

Sile was not a founding member from what I remember of the books - except we count all of them as founding members? At the very first meeting held in Montecalvo to announce this secret organization, there were only four sorceresses: Philippa of course, Margarita Laux-Antille, Triss Merigold and Keira Metz. Sile - just like the others later invited - was unaware of this idea until this meeting. And at first, she was not readily enthusiastic either.

I have a small question, it' my limited english.

Letho says this about Sile:
"I got her gander up a few times."
What does that mean? He caused an emotional reaction, made her chatty or you know boned her?

I guess he would be the only man alive to do so :p .

Whatever he did of those it's actually quite impressive, since Sile is practically an advanced Terminator.

I have a small question, it' my limited english.

Letho says this about Sile:
"I got her gander up a few times."
What does that mean? He caused an emotional reaction, made her chatty or you know boned her?

I guess he would be the only man alive to do so :p .

Whatever he did of those it's actually quite impressive, since Sile is practically an advanced Terminator.

"Got her gander up" means "made her angry". It's an English expression of long standing with that definite meaning. If you've ever had to deal with a gander, you will understand.

There's a standing argument over whether the correct or original form of the expression is "gander up" or "dander up". The show of temper put on by an angry male goose convinces me that "gander up" is at least not incorrect.

Last edited:
Hmmm, still impressive, I would like to see how he did that, though how he gained her trust by pissing her off.

Oh, right by playing stupid. That guy should be Emhyr's adviser.

I am so late to the party in terms of commenting because I am just finishing up what I had planned to be my final playthrough of TW1 & 2. With 3 months left I might race through it again once I know which decisions will carry over to TW3.

I kicked Letho's butt though in our first fight, whereas the writeups all suggest that he let me live, ah well.

I always kill Letho, I can't get over the fact that not only have his action resulted in civil war for two nations, but also paved the way for a Niflgaard invasion. In these invasions, mostly innocents will suffer. It's why I let Roche kill Henselt, idiot was declaring war for no good reason and all I saw was a town on fire with innocent people getting killed. On top of all that Letho put Geral's life at risk and dared to take Triss captive. I don't care that he let her go later. Too many reasons there bro, no matter what happened in the past.

Top Bottom