The Polymer One Shot and other craziness thread

+
The .905 I was aware of. The double pistol and the Phallus of Death I was not. Quite something.

While these are kinda neat, or kinda ridiculous.... or both... None of them really come anywhere close to being a polymer one-shot... a name synonymous with cheap shoddily produced garbage...

Even the hello kitty and glam guns were pretty high quality weapons, just modified to look like a barbie nightmare...

Attachments

• 220px-Kg99.jpg
    220px-Kg99.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 95
You think 2 barrel pistols are somethin'.. Pfff..

Here is a three barrel revolver like pistol! :

View attachment 817

A four barrel Lancaster! :

View attachment 818

A four barrel... i have no idea what the hell this pistol is. :

View attachment 820

Another four barrel pistol! :

View attachment 821

Because you know, anything that's worth killing, is worth over killing.. :cool:

A six barrel pistol like thing:

View attachment 822

Another six barrel pistol:

Baam, a 16 barrel pistol!

Attachments

• tribarrel-pistol-2.jpg
    tribarrel-pistol-2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 104
  • H3925-L14086962.jpg
    H3925-L14086962.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 9457523_1.jpg
    9457523_1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 114
  • Semmerl.jpg
    Semmerl.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 147
  • bayle1879.jpg
    bayle1879.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 105
Ka-boom! They say, "confirmed that the use of these adapters in conjunction with conventional ammunition is likely to result in a catastrophic failure of the flare launcher."
Catastrophic failure. Two words that mean so much mess.

Here is another Polymer 1-shot. Straight outta the 80's.

The Intratec Tec-38. Polymer .38 special. Made by the same guys who brought you the Tec-9.
Intratec is no longer around, but the same designer now owns Kel-Tec, makers of bull-pup shotguns and the insane PLR-16 "pistol"

Attachments

• 350px-Tec-38Derringer.jpg
    350px-Tec-38Derringer.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 137
Also, there Hi-Point pistols. These guys are still around and sell the cheapest guns. As a shooter, I can not over-emphasize how crappy these guns are. They feel ultra-cheap. But they also cost about a quarter of what other pistols cost. So you get what you pay for, I suppose.

Ooh! I was gonna post Hi-Point, but I've never fired or handled one. Their rep is truly shite, though.

Also, there Hi-Point pistols. These guys are still around and sell the cheapest guns. As a shooter, I can not over-emphasize how crappy these guns are. They feel ultra-cheap. But they also cost about a quarter of what other pistols cost. So you get what you pay for, I suppose.

Wow, that looks like it will hurt like hell... When it explodes in your hand i mean :D

...now THAT is an excellent example of a polymer one-shot. Mass produced, cheaply made, likely to detonate in your hand on a misfire. =p

The four-barrel COP holdout pistol that thewarsend posted above, though, was a well-made firearm, if niche in function.

Due to the short barrel, accuracy outside of point-blank was anyone's guess, and with only four shots and a break-action design, not something you'd want as your main weapon. However, as your close-quarters "Plan B" if your main weapon fails, it's a fantastic pistol.

Ha! Nice to see another shootist amongst us. =)

Yeah; the Hi-Point pistols would DEFINITELY be another strong contender to model Polymer One-Shots after.

...now THAT is an excellent example of a polymer one-shot. Mass produced, cheaply made, likely to detonate in your hand on a misfire. =p

The four-barrel COP holdout pistol that thewarsend posted above, though, was a well-made firearm, if niche in function.

Due to the short barrel, accuracy outside of point-blank was anyone's guess, and with only four shots and a break-action design, not something you'd want as your main weapon. However, as your close-quarters "Plan B" if your main weapon fails, it's a fantastic pistol.

I can just imagine having that pistol as a backup pistol in game. Hey, with a few modifications, it can even act as my main weapon. (extended barrel, fast re-loader, laser sight and so on)

seeing as the COP is listed under the "old guns never die" table in cp2020, i've seen it often used as a backup piece in games. it's even better once you read wildside and use the correct damage for .357 mag

Hmm? I couldn't find .357 Mag damage in Wildside. Blackhand's lists it as 3D6+1. I usually use Blackhands, although I'm not sure their changes to the anti-armour weapons make sense, from an antiarmour perspective.

The C.O.P. 357 has been firmly rooted in Cyberpunk media since the beginning.

It's the gun Leon uses to shoot Holden during his interrogation scene in Bladerunner...

"Let me tell you about my mother!"

View attachment 828

but don't worry, Holden survived, and he can breath okay so long as no-one unplugs him...

Attachments

• WjqHDPH.jpg
    WjqHDPH.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 108
Top Bottom