The power of the Underrated Dol Blathanna Trapper!

+

Guest 3973540

Esmer;n7803710 said:
You can also use Ciaran to trigger the trapper after a pass
Actually, before the patch it didn't work, at least the opp's Ciaran didn't trigger my trapper. Don't know if it's a bug though.

xiong2mao;n7808590 said:
Actually, before the patch it didn't work, at least the opp's Ciaran didn't trigger my trapper. Don't know if it's a bug though.

Seems like a bug, since trapper should trigger "When a revealed non-Gold unit appears on the row". Anyway, that's not the best use of Ciaran.

Esmer;n7816760 said:
Seems like a bug, since trapper should trigger "When a revealed non-Gold unit appears on the row". Anyway, that's not the best use of Ciaran.

He's appears on the row as a non-revealed ( Trap ) non-gold unit and THEN he appears so the "appears on the row" doesn't count.

Struyk;n7816830 said:
He's appears on the row as a non-revealed ( Trap ) non-gold unit and THEN he appears so the "appears on the row" doesn't count.

So revealing doesn't count as "appearing on the row"? Probably you are right.

Guest 3973540

Esmer;n7817000 said:
So revealing doesn't count as "appearing on the row"? Probably you are right.
Still looks more like a bug to me. But I might agree it works as intended if Ciaran owner lost the round. If he is revealed and wins the round, he definitely should trigger the trapper.

xiong2mao;n7818900 said:
Still looks more like a bug to me. But I might agree it works as intended if Ciaran owner lost the round. If he is revealed and wins the round, he definitely should trigger the trapper.

Ciaran is revealed when the round ends, and that means both players passed. Obviously, if he triggers the trapper, then he's dead and cannot return to the current owner. If we's not, then it's not possible to trigger the trapper anymore. And in that case by playing Ciaran, you are only giving your opponent +1 str or a card (if he loses).

I do enjoy this card, used to use it a lot before I reached ranked but now I can't find a use for it? Any suggestions for what kind of deck to put it in to make the most of its power?

Esmer;n7792830 said:
Actually, there are several ST ambush cards that can be both loyal and disloyal, like Ciaran and Toruviel (at least they used to be, I haven't checked after the last update).

Theoretically you can put Toruviel on the opponent's row and pass to counter Villentretenmerth, but that seems like a very rare opportunity.

So yes, Trapper is like the only ambush card that is played on the opponent's side, so it's pretty obvious. The card would be more viable if it was changed to smth like this:

Ambush: When a revealed non-Gold unit appears on the opposing row, move to that row and remove 4 strength from all non-Gold units on the row (except self).

But that could make it an autoinclude in all ST decks, so most likely its str and dmg should also be tuned.

I don't think this card should be changed though, I wasn't saying that she needs a buff, the card is perfectly fine the way it currently is and very powerful in the right deck.

Top Bottom