The Power of Tibor Eggebracht

+
The Power of Tibor Eggebracht

Card reads "If your opponent has not passed, gain 15 base strength, then your opponent draws a card and reveals it."

The stipulation is that by using this card you are giving card advantage to your opponent but gaining a massive amount of strength in trade. The exploit is that if your opponents deck is empty you still gain the 15 strength and they get nothing.

Let's just say there are decks which can reliably take advantage of this exploit. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how everything Nilfgaard does, be it Cahir, Calveit taking his letho back after downgrading it, and now apparently Tibor Eggrebach too is an exploit. I mean, it is not like Nilfgaard is the weakest faction right?

Player shouldn't be punished because his enemy has ridiculous deck thinning, lol. I don't even understand why skellige can do it, like, wasn't elven mercenary nerfed just to disable the enormous deck thinning? :hmm:

Watching you guys make false assumptions is funny, I make a card rage thread and people make it into a SK rage thread. :p

It was a nilfgaard vs nilfgaard match, my deck never thins itself to the bottom, ever.

He used cards and duplicated cards which make your opponent thin his own deck (aka mine) so my deck hit rock bottom which never otherwise happens and then he finished off with Eggebracht the moment my deck ran dry. It was clever... but clearly abuses the intent of Eggebracht card's description, this was no accident, his deck was built around this idea.

The cards which can make others draw a card:

- Albrich
- Vilgefortz
- Tibor
- Decoy Albrich
- Operator Albrich

Note: Potentially Sweers can thin your deck by 2. If decoyed Sweers maximum 4(if really lucky)

So let us scratch off Tibor for the time being from the list. So basically he can make you draw up to 4 times. Did I disregard any other way which made you draw a card? So basically even if you used Nilfgaard, you must have helped him in a bit of deck-thinning.

Also would you like to state the size of your deck? If it is 25...that is possible to reach empty deck if you both thin-decks and draw like crazy. It is again not an exploit but a player choice.

Last edited:
Ugralitan;n7892520 said:

- Albrich
- Vilgefortz
- Tibor
- Decoy Albrich
- Operator Albrich

So let us scratch off Tibor for the time being from the list. So basically he can make you draw up to 4 times. Did I disregard any other way which made you draw a card? So basically even if you used Nilfgaard, you must have helped him in a bit of deck-thinning.

Also would you like to state the size of your deck? If it is 25...that is possible to reach empty deck if you both thin-decks and draw like crazy. It is again not an exploit but a player choice.

Eh...you can play Morvan, and Emissaries, and thin, without intentionally thinning. Calveit thins another card with Joachim. He could have easily used his own Vilgefortz, since it's a must play NG card. I mean, NG can thin itself without trying. He could play Witchers. Etc, etc. Likely, his opponent wouldn't need to thin him more than 5 cards. I've got two JC decks, and I don't think I ever have more than 3 cards left at the end, even without trying to thin intentionally.

That being said, the odds of this becoming a meta are very slim.

frbfree;n7892560 said:
Eh...you can play Morvan, and Emissaries, and thin, without intentionally thinning. Calveit thins another card with Joachim. He could have easily used his own Vilgefortz, since it's a must play NG card. I mean, NG can thin itself without trying. He could play Witchers. Etc, etc. Likely, his opponent wouldn't need to thin him more than 5 cards. I've got two JC decks, and I don't think I ever have more than 3 cards left at the end, even without trying to thin intentionally.

That being said, the odds of this becoming a meta are very slim.

Yep, I specifically omitted the parts where Nilfgaard thins their own deck because OP sounded like it was an achievement by enemy's side.

Chaob_N7;n7892450 said:
Watching you guys make false assumptions is funny, I make a card rage thread and people make it into a SK rage thread. :p

It was a nilfgaard vs nilfgaard match, my deck never thins itself to the bottom, ever.

He used cards and duplicated cards which make your opponent thin his own deck (aka mine) so my deck hit rock bottom which never otherwise happens and then he finished off with Eggebracht the moment my deck ran dry. It was clever... but clearly abuses the intent of Eggebracht card's description, this was no accident, his deck was built around this idea.

So.. Albrich forces you to draw one. Then there is Vigelforce. And maybe operator. So in grand total he can force 3 draws fpr you. Ok, four if there is decoy involved as well. There is no "milling" in Gwent, not enough tools. Basicly, you have to draw 21 cards by yourself, wich means that you have an extremely thinning-heavy deck yourself. And yes, mostly discard SK do that. But what difference does it make that you played NG? He didnt mill you to get outstanding value out of Tibor. You did it yourself.

Last edited:
The condition is "if your opponent has not yet passed" not "if your opponent can draw a card, and has not yet passed."

i wouldn't call it an exploit. It works complexity as intended.
But can understand why it may seem unfair.

Ugralitan;n7892520 said:

- Albrich
- Vilgefortz
- Tibor
- Decoy Albrich
- Operator Albrich

Note: Potentially Sweers can thin your deck by 2. If decoyed Sweers maximum 4(if really lucky)

So basically he can make you draw up to 4 times.

Your list is perfect but let's count the draws... Albrich operator-ed then decoyed means:

1 Draw by opponents use of his first Albrich
1 Draw by opponents use of his second Albrich
1 Draw by your use of the Albrich he gave you via operator
1 Draw by opponents decoyed use of either of his Albrichs
1 Draw by opponents use of Vilgefortz to remove your highest value buffed unit

So that is a total of 5 draws vs any opponent, since this was a Nilf Calveit mirror he was able to make it 6 via Cahir

No other faction can make you draw this many cards, I felt a bit violated I'll admit :p

For anyone questioning my use of the word exploit, google it, the definition is "make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)" and so this powerful deck-thinning to Tibor Eggebracht play allows him to fully use his deck the same as he made you draw yours (unless your deck has zero deck thinning of it's own, most players of most factions get down to the last 3-6) but he gets to put down a 22 gold right at the end when you cannot draw any cards which is supposed to be the tradeoff for such a powerful play, hence I stand by my use of the word "exploit" according to the dictionary definition.

Lim3zer0;n7893840 said:
The condition is "if your opponent has not yet passed" not "if your opponent can draw a card, and has not yet passed."

But think about it... the reason the condition is "if your opponent has not passed" is only because of the card draw, if your opponent has passed then giving him the card does him no good hence in such case Tibor is only worth 7.

Last edited:
You know you can get up to 40 cards for your deck. Never gonna run into this problem again. By the way if you run a great discard, shouldn't there always be Ciri: Dash left? :)

You know, Nilfgaard has other cards that will benefit greatly against an empty deck. Vilgefortz can scorch strongly buffed enemy unit. There's also that dude, who makes both players draw a card (can't remember the name). As many pointed out, the problem is extreme deck thinning, not these cards.

I see no problem in that thinning as long as that all cards aren't played (like in case of old ST) but discarded (in some cases it may be equal to playing). I think if someone empties their decks vs Nilfgard they should be fully aware that may be used against them, just like using specials vs Ambush ST

works as intended

Tibor gained strength and attempted to draw a card for you but since you had no cards left you drew nothing

whenever a new round starts you and your opponent draw cards, if you empty your deck before the round 3 does it mean your opponent exploits by drawing cards while you have an empty deck? or should the game force a forfeit to prevent such "exploit"?

Siergain;n7902250 said:
I think if someone empties their decks vs Nilfgard they should be fully aware that may be used against them

Lexandre;n7902350 said:
if you empty your deck before the round 3 does it mean your opponent exploits by drawing cards while you have an empty deck?

Read my clarification posts on page 1, you must have skipped them. The point here is the exploit deck is centered around making your opponent draw so many extra cards that he likely runs out giving Tiber value not countered by his requirements. It's the same type of exploit as Cahir post-pass (the value that is supposed to be given to your opponent is lost).

Top Bottom