The Power of Tibor Eggebracht

+
he gives the opponent a card, in round 3 that should mean about 10 extra str for him, which makes Tibor only as good as Geralt for a gold card.
and the tempo advantage itself can also be important for your opponent which is a drawback for Tibor.
he's far from broken.

You are writing bullshit. Since when a random revealed bronze card is 10 str ? There are not many of them. Most of the typical high points bronzes are 8 or 7, if you of course get them. Even if, 23 tibor - 8 random card = 15 points. If you get something that hits your opponent like a balista it does nothing to tibor.

Well Tibor is a bit of OP but it's the ONLY win condition for NG atm so if you nerf it more, they won't be any NG anymore. Hajlmar and Corail for SK are also very OP imo.

Tibor is fine. Actually, Tibor is a dangerous play. In this meta, with decks thinning as efficiently as they do, and synergies being as high as they are, giving your opponent a free card is dangerous. You have to remember, if you're holding Tibor for Round 3, odds are your opponent is also holding a Gold.

For example (likely per this meta) if each player has 1 card in Round 3, you're hold Hjalmar and he's holding Tibor, and the free card is Alzur's, you're beat. But if there's three cards aside in Round 3, giving a player a 4th is super scary.

You were unlucky, TS. Tibor can backfire with that one bronze card. I once played against Kambi and gave him shackles with Tibor. Well....fuck it. I got wrecked after that.
Another example was giving opponent priestess of freya who ressed a bear of 15 str. (12 + strengthened by somebody). its 16 str lol.

Tibor is high risk high win. If you are lucky you win. If you are not - pity for you.

Chaob_N7;n7890210 said:
Card reads "If your opponent has not passed, gain 15 base strength, then your opponent draws a card and reveals it."

The stipulation is that by using this card you are giving card advantage to your opponent but gaining a massive amount of strength in trade. The exploit is that if your opponents deck is empty you still gain the 15 strength and they get nothing.

Let's just say there are decks which can reliably take advantage of this exploit. :(

I agree that "exploit" or whatever you want to call it should not be in the game.

ggdd;n9021080 said:
For instance, could anyone name a Gold card as strong as Tibor Eggebracht?basic high point, easy to achieve premise to boost(incredible 15 points by the way), almost the game winner of round 2 or 3.
not to mention that combo with resurrect?Come on... if there's gonna be a rank, not just for fun, really need to tweak lots of card ...

As long as you actually get the bronze card like the TS is talking about....I don't have a problem with Tibor after the nerf. IMO Hjalmar is the card that is over powered.

szpeniu;n9021750 said:
You are writing bullshit. Since when a random revealed bronze card is 10 str ? There are not many of them. Most of the typical high points bronzes are 8 or 7, if you of course get them. Even if, 23 tibor - 8 random card = 15 points. If you get something that hits your opponent like a balista it does nothing to tibor.

if by turn 3 your bronzes are not worth 10 str (not by themselves, but through synergy), you're doing something wrong or it's a really unlucky draw. Tibor backfires for me more often than not.

Tibor too strong?

Is Tibor too strong (in terms of high power value per cost)? It's without a doubt a finisher card for third round, by which point you have to have been lucky enough to collect and save D-Bomb (or Shackles) + Scorch to counter. In terms of similar cards, I'm already thinking Bloody Baron is balanced because it's slow burn throughout the match to that point to raise it to a high power value, and King of Beggars has a cap (and it's silver).

My recommendation to balance Tibor similarly would be to cap its power growth to either something like +8 or +10, or make it equalize the match (similar to King of Beggars), but instead of having it round down (like King of Beggars), have it choose the higher value. After all, it's Nilfgaard.

What do you all think?

MKIceman

I've moved your post to a thread dedicated to discussing Tibor.

As for your suggestion, that would flat-out kill the card. Tibor was already nerfed to two less strength. The card is fine as it is now.

I agree, card is fine. If demoted, it gets reset to 8 strength so even with single D-bomb you can kill off 15 points.

I agree that Tibor gets too much strength just for playing him during a battle round. Sure, the other opponent gets a revealed bronze card, but that card doesn't allow you to reduce his power unless it's a revealed shackle that is drawn to demote him. I think Tibor should be similar to Hjalmar. Tibor would get a boost to his base strength, but the other player would have a chance to prevent him from gaining the additional strength, like how the Lord of Undvik could be locked or buffed.

Last edited:
For me it isn't about consistently losing to Tibor. The part I don't like about Tibor is that he goes to 23 strength without the other player getting a chance to delay, or stop the strength gain. I reference Hjalmar again because the opponent can attempt to prevent the additional strength gain for him. Hjalmar isn't an automatic 23 strength gold card when he's played during a battle round.

You do. Since he only get the strength if you haven't passed. And unless he played you for a fool, then you'll have another decent bronze card. I actually stopped using Tibor since I kept losing due to the extra card my enemy get. It's really not that strong in its self. I think Tibor really needs to work in a combination with other cards to actually work.

This tactic with Tibor is not going to work against everyone, it is an exploit, but not a particularly dirty one. Using all of your re-deploy abilities on card's just to draw more cards is a risky move in itself and the play that your working up to might not win you the game.

It's nice to see people using the cards in new and creative ways.

Chaob_N7;n7890210 said:
Let's just say there are decks which can reliably take advantage of this exploit. :(
Ah good old Millfgard. Btw I haven't seen Avallach mentioned yet. Renew also.

By my count:
Albrich x2 (played and decoyed)
Avallach x4 (played and renewed)
Tibor x1
Treason x1 (although your opponent gets the benefit of the card)

So that's 8 in total, which typically all are not run because it doesn't take that many to get through most decks. Most opponents will have some thinning of their own, so you typically don't need all of these. Either way, coupled with something like Ciri: Dash, Assire, and Tibor, it makes for a powerful combination. But it all falls within the mechanics of the game overall, and keeps with the intended behavior stated on the cards.

100% not an exploit, just a mechanic. You got milled, lol.

Top Bottom