The problem with STEALTH in videogames

+
BeastModeIron;n10130412 said:
I think it could be possible, in a world where nothing is quite based on "reality" anyway. I don't particularly limit many ideas that could theoretically be in 2077, even if it is a bit far fetched. I have quite the feeling 2077 will be butchered by the forums once released.

Hell yeah it will, that's what these forums are here for.

Let us enjoy these quiet times while they last.

The main problem with stealth in games is that the game usually encourages you through its story and reward system to go stealth, like in for instance Deus Ex MD.

If you had paid attention to all dev interviews etc over the years, you'd know that the devs intend there to be MULTIPLE valid ways to complete missions. They SPECIFICALLY want player to have the freedom to choose their preferred playstyle. They also seem to not mind emergent gameplay in completing missions. Devs seem to have taken their cues from VtM:B in this respect, which is wonderful.

So yes, stealth will be in the game, it will be a valid way to build your character if you want. But it won't be the ONLY way to play the game (unlike for example games like Deus EX: MK). Give some credit to CDPR.

If you had paid attention to all dev interviews etc over the years, you'd know that the devs intend there to be MULTIPLE valid ways to complete missions. They SPECIFICALLY want player to have the freedom to choose their preferred playstyle. They also seem to not mind emergent gameplay in completing missions. Devs seem to have taken their cues from VtM:B in this respect, which is wonderful.

So yes, stealth will be in the game, it will be a valid way to build your character if you want. But it won't be the ONLY way to play the game (unlike for example games like Deus EX: MK). Give some credit to CDPR.
It's still a valid concern though. Most games with stealth in it don't ever do it well (excluding some games like alien isolation though). If stealth is going to be in the game it needs to be done in a way that it is not irritating and a chore if you choose to play that way.

Last edited:
Elder Scroll online... if you crouch in front of another player in the PVP, you disappear :D

This its the world XD

Top Bottom