The Ranking System and its Shortcomings (MMR/ELO/Rating)

+
Its actually a good thing. I mean, if you want to try a new deck in competetive enviroment, you dont lose rank for it, only MMR.

CD's biggest mistake? [Rank Points]

I'm lvl 21
Why I get +32 MMR winning vs lvl 29 and get -59 losing vs 24?
Btw, Skellige deck is completly broken (like each 10 ppl, 9 uses Ciri Dash discard).
Ranked system is broken.
Match making is broken.
For many countrys, connection issues are r*tarded.

I know it's a free game, and isn't even in open Beta, but those problems are ruinning the game.

Your level doesn't mean anything in ranked games. I agree that they should tweak MMR changes though.
Seems like top players have no problems beating SK discard, it might be broken in lower ranks, idk.

They work on connection issues.

infringer;n7919660 said:
Your level doesn't mean anything in ranked games
If your lvl or rank means nothing, then what means? Because then MMR system is completly random.
infringer;n7919660 said:
Seems like top players have no problems beating SK discard, it might be broken in lower ranks, idk.
Can you tell that to the 9 each 10 person who uses this? I'm on rank 12 btw, it's not that low, most have full deck already.

Last edited:
Your level doesn't mean anything but you rank (or rather your MMR) does...

I am between rank 14 and 15 but I rarely play rankeds so can't really post my stats. In todays Gwentlemen tournament top4 players were 3 monsters and 1 dwarves, every SK player got beaten

I think the ranking points system needs a rework, to some degree.

It's hard to make any progress when it takes 2-3 wins just to recover from a single loss.

viniciusz;n7919900 said:
If your lvl or rank means nothing, then what means? Because then MMR system is completly random.

The only things that matter is your current MMR and your opponent current MMR, respective their difference. Also you can't loose rank, so you could matched with player that is 2 or more ranks above you but have actually lower MMR than you. If you are on PC, you could install Gwent Tracker to see opponent MMR.

Last edited:
I am just amazed how players are willing to play same cards over and over again for ranking points
NR=Borch
ST=100 scorches
SK=morkvarg
and monsters just don't have comment for this
every game is becoming same

viniciusz;n7919900 said:
Do you notice a 4 digit number that get updated after each rank game? Well that's your ELO and that's what used to determine your opponents. I've noticed (because i use a decktracker) that 90% of the times i get paired with people with an ELO similar to mine, with a gap of +/- 100 points max

marina22;n7923720 said:
I am just amazed how players are willing to play same cards over and over again for ranking points
NR=Borch
ST=100 scorches
SK=morkvarg

i'v actually think monsters have many ways to of beating this, but since this is off topic, I won't get into it here.
​​​​

Last edited:
marina22;n7923720 said:

I know... I actually tried the axeman wound deck b4 it was nerfed, and just decided I don't wanna win that way, even if it means I won't gain ranks.
but those are exactly the ppl that are easiest to beat, cuz they don't think, and once you disrupt their game they get soooo mad: they just forfeit and don't GG. ...So f**k them

marina22;n7923720 said:
NR=Borch
ST=100 scorches
SK=morkvarg

It's really strange, right? Who'd have thought people would play the strongest cards in a ranked mode.

But you can always come up with an anti-meta deck.

Esmer;n7933780 said:
It's really strange, right? Who'd have thought people would play the strongest cards in a ranked mode.

But you can always come up with an anti-meta deck.

Yes it is strange ,its been 21 days since NG update and i was thinking by now people will want try out new stuff.

marina22;n7934710 said:
Yes it is strange ,its been 21 days since NG update and i was thinking by now people will want try out new stuff.

People are trying out new stuff in casual. And if that new stuff is really good, it makes it to ranked.

Another problem is that you have to farm new stuff to be able to try that out.

For instance, I had 20 kegs and 1000 scraps stored for NG update. And I still have cards only for decent NR and SK decks. Since everyone knows there's a wipe coming, there's really no incentive to farm more ore/scraps and try other decks.

Actually, I wonder why CDRP wouldn't give us access to all cards. They have already had a lot of time to test farming and crafting aspects of the game. And since there's a wipe anyway, why not give all players access to all cards to better balance the game? Perhaps they are afraid that way everyone would play the same top tier decks, but that would also motivate people to look for counters and invent other viable decks.

Esmer;n7934930 said:
Since everyone knows there's a wipe coming, there's really no incentive to farm more ore/scraps and try other decks.
i disagree: this is our opportunity to gain as much experience (and i don't mean xp points): try out new cards, new combos, so when the wipe comes we will have so much knowledge, and when it comes time for us to craft cards, we'll know not only what we *should* craft cuz it's good, but what *wanna* craft cuz it fits our gameplay.

Esmer;n7934930 said:
Actually, I wonder why CDRP wouldn't give us access to all cards. They have already had a lot of time to test farming and crafting aspects of the game. And since there's a wipe anyway, why not give all players access to all cards to better balance the game? Perhaps they are afraid that way everyone would play the same top tier decks, but that would also motivate people to look for counters and invent other viable decks.
I dunno... as much as a would love to have all the cards, it seams a little too much, and i also think it wouldn't be fair to those players who have worked for months and months to get every card.
we already have a HUGE advantage over everyone who wasn't in the closed beta - both in keg numbers and understanding and strategy. no reason to make the hard working, high lvl-rank players suddenly on equal ground with newbies. it's just not fair to them... just my opinion...

ArianeGrosmont;n7935320 said:
i disagree: this is our opportunity to gain as much experience (and i don't mean xp points): try out new cards, new combos, so when the wipe comes we will have so much knowledge, and when it comes time for us to craft cards, we'll know not only what we *should* craft cuz it's good, but what *wanna* craft cuz it fits our gameplay.

See, that's the problem: to know what you want to craft, you have to try all the cards available. But how can you do it in CBT when you have to farm or pay a lot of money (in my experience there's around 5% chance to get a legendary in a pack)?

Anyway, eventually it all comes to what CDPR thinks is the best for testing the game. There is a good reason why they don't give away all the cards.

I play NG in ranked and I also see a lot of other Nilfgaard decks. Esprcially against SK Morkvarg it is a very sharp weapon.... my Letho likes to eat werewolfs it seems

Madras_Pfeffer;n7935820 said:
I play NG in ranked and I also see a lot of other Nilfgaard decks. Esprcially against SK Morkvarg it is a very sharp weapon.... my Letho likes to eat werewolfs it seems

You play Letho and let him stay over there? Just to get rid of Morkvarg? That's an expensive solution.

Top Bottom