The real problem

+
Hi folks, new here.
Having an issue that I noticed 47 hours into gameplay after initiating an NCPD scanner event. When engaged in combat the game became super laggy, ridiculously slow as in zero FPS. It was at this point I turned off the game and since returning today it appears I'm facing the same issue every time I enter combat, whether it be a scan, gig, side or main. As soon as enemy AI is involved the game becomes a buggy mess that's just impossible to do anything. Enemies won't die everything is choppy and slow. I can't progress this game, which is really annoying after spending 47 hours with it and not finishing the campaign. Does anyone have an idea for a fix (playing on a PS5 by the way).

I consider story the game .
shooting stuff and combat mechanic does not define "game".

Its like saying "mmo" means its group ordinated simply because its massively multiplayer online. Which is simply not factual.
I actually agree with you. The story is a huge if not the main part of the overall experience or package. Basically the story is kinda like the "You Are the Hero" book series and the combats are, well, the combats, which are told through the gameplay instead of a cinematic for example. It's the action part of the story or in a way as you said: fillers between two scenes but they are also parts of the incidents and events that occur.

But so it's a game, not simply a story. Having an incoherent or clumsy gameplay is like having an action driven movie but with cheap badly choreographed action scenes for example. It breaks immersion and in the end affect the whole experience.

Not even talking about the fact that story and lore can be told through gameplay. Very simple idea but what if Vik Vektor sells you some cheap optics that only are able to zoom in the begining of the game because that's all he has but later, if you help him out for something, he offers you or get access to sell you the Kiroshi that enable the scanner for example ? You'd be able to compare two different manufacturer brand of optics and see by yourself the difference in combat and during scanning and research phases. It would also permit you to have access to another part of the gameplay and then of the story. Gameplay and story interlinked.
Post automatically merged:

did you know that different regions have different dificulty levels?
like AssassinsCreed has, but just not telling you the level?

well it can look like this
https://guides.gamepressure.com/cyberpunk-2077/gfx/word/17858078.jpg

and if you didnt see it... well.. what can i say... did you adjust your level?

not everyone reaches level 50
hell, there are people here claiming, it only took 20hours to finnish the game
do you realy belive they reached level 50 without dooing any sidequest at all?
that they had enouth money or componets to level up the gear or get the skills?
rofl
if you dont cheat, you see the skulls above some NPCs
If you dont cheat, you do have money and components problems
and tehre where a lot of postings here on this forum about it.
i agree that the game gets easyer when you have at last 12 INT and try to save/load to get legendary shortcircuit
but thats all over the minmaxbuilds we have out there now..
there are some players who dont do that, and those have some difficulty
and did you read @Simpson3000 post? he still has problems, maybe because he dosnt cheat

and yeah, i think most (not evertyone) of the people who claim that the game is to easy simply cheat or use bugs like duping stuff, or kinda legal stuff and craft for hours which btw corupts your savegame at some point

my cheated char (and yes i cheated) still can get oneshotet or at last dies on 3-4 hits

and the romance stuff comes to short? same as witcher 3, how often did you see Yennefer or Triss?
you had more screentime with Shani in Heart of Stone DLC then with Yennefer in the whole game.

if you dont like the game... well thats fine
i do like the game very much
it dose have its shortcomings and bugs, Nr.1 is the AI
but for me the story is awesome, and yes, i do care alot about storytelling
all the sidequests work (some AC Valhalla sidequests, if you even wanna call them sidequests, still dont work)
grafik and animations are realy good
and yes, i love the 1st person gameplay... 3rd person would be so much worse (like clunky GTA)

i can only say..
if you dont like the game, move along, play something else, and maybe come back for the DLCs, or dont
Just to give you a glimps of my playthrough I beat the game on normal, rushing mostly, it was easy. I stumble across hard enemies during my playthrough and happened to die in one shot, so I played some easier missions, leveled up and ended up rolling over the game so then I adjusted to hard, it was easy, to very hard, it was easy too, that's when I was doing the side quests I didn't do before doing last mission. I never went deep into the craft, never cheated, never used any exploit. I just made an epic and then a legendary out of Saburo's cane and beat the game with this weapon almost exclusively. I don't even use my best armor pieces because I wanna look fancy. Beated Smasher again in around 2 minutes and I was around level 40-45. And I still have around 300 inhalators in my magic pockets. This game is too easy. Everybody says it besides few people who seem to struggle.

I never said I didn't like the game, I wouldn't have played around 90 hours if I didn't like it but it's too easy and has very hard coherence flaws. The game would be way better with a more realistic system because it'd provide challenge, coherence and so immersion, that's all I'm saying.

There is an entire universe between an enjoyable game and a outstanding masterpiece. Thing is, not like most games, Cyberpunk2077, with its outstanding artistic direction has the potential to become one of the most groundbreaking of all time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom