The really weird decision of removing clothe mods/specs from vendors.

+
Hell this combined with them nerfing the money amounts earned from selling shit really fucking sucks both a rare gun and uncommon one are both 100 ennys as well as mods so now money is really hard to come by to fill up the Wardrobe.Bad decision in my opinion.

Along with Roach Race being a massive pain in the Ass the Roach Whisperer outfit should have been given to you if you played the minigame and the Top 3 prizes should have been cash prizes.

Patch 1.6 did some good but a whole lot of bad so the scales aren’t balanced here CDPR get this shit fixed ASAP.

Nice :)
So, far from having found them all, but just by exploring (I didn't buy any), not that bad for now.
View attachment 11318561View attachment 11318564View attachment 11318567
Edit : Just find a new one, in legendary^^
Edit 2 : Lucky day, a new Crystaljoke jacket too :giggle:
View attachment 11318570View attachment 11318585
Edit 3...
It just checked, maybe I'm wrong but one of the Crystaljoke jacket that I had, is not in the six in the list (it have green "led" on the jacket collar).

Well that's promising... :cool:

Also, yeah, sorry, I forgot to add that jacket - just edited it in now

It's a really good way to artificially inflate play time without adding substantial content

Now you can look back in fondness of farming for hours/days for a blue clothing crafting mod.

I completely understand this decision

CDPR seems big on artificially inflating play time.

Hell this combined with them nerfing the money amounts earned from selling shit really fucking sucks both a rare gun and uncommon one are both 100 ennys as well as mods so now money is really hard to come by to fill up the Wardrobe.Bad decision in my opinion.

For a company that always touts story, they sure want players to grind a lot just for cosmetic things.

It's a really good way to artificially inflate play time without adding substantial content

Now you can look back in fondness of farming for hours/days for a blue clothing crafting mod.

I completely understand this decision
I don't see myself doing another playthrough for few other reasons. I'd say though that one of the best advises to new players is to not focus crafting and loot unless that is important feature individual because not everyone is. Also, Scrapper Perk or that's how it was with 1.52.

They never got economy working very well in game. They could and change sort of sucks for virtual tourist type of gamers like me. I mean if there's any city where it makes sense to have that conversations in a clothing shop... "Yes, it comes with a bulletproof lining but we also have some items for further improve its protective qualities..." it's the Night City.

Thinking of weapons shops, some mods are basically abstraction of different ammo types, which I thought was IMO clever way to implement them without making it an inventory management game and removing them from weapon shops, is like.. "Yeah you can buy ammo, except there's just one type and else we should be stocking you need to steal from some gangers or something and we have no idea where they get them..."

EDIT: Actually, did change applied to weapons shops too? I'm only seeing mentions of clothing mods, which makes sense given the topic but what is the state of weapon shops and mods after 1.6?

Because you absolutely has to have Fear of Missing Out and addicitve mechanic over anything and even if it's implementation may look more than little funny, you are absolutely not making a mistake pitching it and top is not making a mistake greelighting them because every company is into that too.

Last edited:
EDIT: Actually, did change applied to weapons shops too? I'm only seeing mentions of clothing mods, which makes sense given the topic but what is the state of weapon shops and mods after 1.6?
Nope, nothing changed in weapon shops (even my "little trick" to get cool abilities^^)

REJOICE! One of my FAVOURITE Crystaljock jackets is being sold by a vendor now :

CrystaljockMallagraManzanita2.jpg

CrystaljockMallagraManzanita1.jpg

I think, I'll buy this one, I didn't loot it for now :giggle:
(among all, one is the Samurai jacket no?)
Beside, I got the black Valentinos pants and jacket with the red roses on it. Very cool :)

Yeah, so there's 8 Crystaljocks in total (I didn't include the Samurai one in the pic since you get it anyway)

It's sorta messed up that they changed the game THAT much.

Every new game that I start playing on PC is a constant reminder of why I'll never buy another console. LOL, hey CDPR... PC component manufacturers and retailers all around the world may soon be thanking game studios for helping gamers choose PC over Console.

I recommend going to NexusMods and installing "Virtual Atelier - Darks Night City Marketplace" and then you can purchase (with eddies) any object that exists in the game files.

There is also a mod called the "Unequip Mods Mod". I bet you can't guess what it let's you do with mods that you find attached to weapons and clothes.

Can somebody clarify? Are cratfing perks required to drop equiivalent level of crafting mods? e.g. Grease Moneky to be able find epic mods on loot?

Can somebody clarify? Are cratfing perks required to drop equiivalent level of crafting mods? e.g. Grease Moneky to be able find epic mods on loot?
Nope, it depend of the piece of clothes (and by extension of your level).
For example, you can find a legendary item early game at low level (one of the set) with a epic or legendary mod on it. But higher level you are, higher are the chances to loot rare/epic clothes, so it mean that you also have higher chances to have rare/epic mods on them.
Another example, containers level up with you. So at level 10 a container which contain a uncommom scope, would have chance to contain the same scope in epic version if you are level 40+ even if you don't have any tech skill.
(not sure if it's clear).

The removal of clothing mods from the vendors makes no sense to me. I have been trying to wrap my head around it, but cannot find any logical, or even GOOD reasoning.

I have heard it is because CDPR cannot figure out the proper pricing for the mods, either too little, or too great. However, this isn't an MMO, so economy really means almost nothing in a real sense, as I've easily broken a hundred thousand before even doing the main story-starting heist with Jackie, and surpassed millions by the time I decided to do Nocturne. Whether the mods cost a few hundred, or a few thousand means just about jack.

The issue is the problems created by removal of these mods. Because they exist, dropped as loot from enemies, or found in containers, plus the existence of a crafting set of skills for the player, means craftsmen DO exist. And, in Cyberpunk, especially, the people are always out to get as many eddies as they can. That means craftsmen would CERTAINLY open shop to either craft and sell their wares, or open shop to offer their services for people who focused on other things.

As a hypothetical situation... Adam Smasher is written up to have a 4 in Tech (so we KNOW his crafting skills are pitiful). You mean to tell me he has been responsible for finding all his mods all through his life? Or, perhaps, he paid (or threatened) NPCs to make them for him? Pretty sure it would be major comedy to imagine Smasher, the big juggernaut brute he is, slaughtering camps of gangs, just to rummage through their boxes, then cursing because he couldn't find any mods.

And, because of how important mods are, it almost forces players to sacrifice vital points they could be spending into far more important areas, just to be able to craft their own mods. This goes alongside the issue of not being able to find upgraded versions of Iconic gear, and not being able to upgrade them ourselves without extreme expenditure into the crafting (and thus Tech) tree and stat. I mean, just curious, but how much tech knowledge does it really take to improve upon a spiky baseball bat? And, back to Smasher, are we supposed to believe that he is only using whites and blues, because there is NO way he improving his gear with so low a Tech stat.

What results is that even the most barbaric brutish character has to sacrifice points in an area they should have no points in just about, just to be effective. Almost every character ends up needing to be a master craftsman, and a professional at handling high tech, even if they are otherwise just brutes, gunslingers, assassins, etc. That's called a Skill-Tax in other games, and is never a good, or even ok, thing.

So, please return things to the vendors that ought be there, unless there are very good reasons (pricing being so very opposite of a good reason in this game).

I know i am necroing this but at least what you can do is to take the crafting perk that lets you save clothing mods, then buy clothes with mods.

Stupid, but workable.

Top Bottom