The reason why NG is so popular

+

UMA22

Forum regular
It because the developper always make sure that NG are the strongest
Their boss must play it for sure
Exemple of how they make that just take the acctual seasonal event
Almost every one are playing NG assimilation deck
Because it full the opponent line with trash units but also the assimilation condition work when you play the double units, wich is an unit from his starting deck so why the assimilation condition work ? I have absolutely no idea
An other exemple ? Is there any faction where you can destroy any unit using only 2 unit that cost only 4 ? No but NG have the poison agent.
Other exemple ? Is there any faction that have bronze card that allow you to lock a card ? no, but NG have two
Almost Every faction have a card or two that allow to destroy a unit with some condition, ST for exemple have snake trap and the
Probably because it takes zero creativity and skill to use. It's by far the easiest deck to use and it seems like people are more about cheap wins then coming up with their own ideas. I used that deck when I started playing the newer version (the original version of this game is by far better) but it became unfun and unfair in my opinion. I won't ever play with that deck or against it ever again. those of you still playing with it... fun. But, let's not fool ourselves a win using NG means nothing it's the cheat code faction so good for you that you know how to consistently press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right. SWEET.
Post automatically merged:

can someone explain to me why and how in Double Down mode any NG card with a disloyal option is allowed to pull cards from your deck? It's just another example of how stupid this game play is and that faction has become. How do you figure that Joachim De Wett can be played and then pull a high card from my deck and play it has their own. This makes no sense. The rule of that event is - Whenever you play a unit from your hand, play a unit with the same Provision Cost from YOUR deck. These rules are broken the game play is sh_t. An emissary can boost one of their players 7 points but also steal a 4-provision card from my deck. No. If playing any disloyal card should pull from the other persons deck then that card should be given to that player, as you're putting that card on the same side of the board. This game is so stupid.

can someone explain to me why and how in Double Down mode any NG card with a disloyal option is allowed to pull cards from your deck? It's just another example of how stupid this game play is and that faction has become. How do you figure that Joachim De Wett can be played and then pull a high card from my deck and play it has their own? This makes no sense. The rule of that event is - Whenever you play a unit from your hand, play a unit with the same Provision Cost from YOUR deck. These rules are broken the game play is sh_t. An emissary can boost one of their players 7 points but also steal a 4-provision card from my deck. No. If playing any disloyal card should pull from the other persons deck then that card should be given to that player, as you're putting that card on the same side of the board. This game is so stupid.
Yes i agree so i understood the mode that why i play now roche sabrina and prince dont know the name u know it a neutral déloyale card that cost 6
Anyway with roche i pull johacim or letho that the game
The real promblem is that their assimilation condition work when they play the second card from their deck and i dont understand why, assimilation work when you play a card which is not a card from your main deck so how ?? I dont know
I think the game considere all the copy card of the deck are not from the main deck that why assimilation work, but it should not

As a rank 3 newbie in Gwent, I tried NG and found it pretty easy to play.

Usually, other TCG control decks requires some good knowledge of the game and the opponent decks, but I feel like NG control plays for itself.
Or maybe it's just a noob point of view, and at pro things gets different.

NG is in a state where just mages (as we saw on masters) is crazy. Just soldiers however needs buffs. I have some ideas but most cards pretty much need addressing. While I do agree that something has to be done with mages, Assimilate as a mechanic is fine. If you're playing too much NR, you should know by now that NG just counters what they do. If you like order decks sure, you are free to play them. But when you verse NG you have to be ready to lose bruh :p
Also, I really don't get why you're complaining about poison, remember the SC dryad ranger? Yeah, that's a bronze too. And it poisons. King Cobra? No? Yeah, your points don't make sense :p

As a rank 3 newbie in Gwent, I tried NG and found it pretty easy to play.

Usually, other TCG control decks requires some good knowledge of the game and the opponent decks, but I feel like NG control plays for itself.
Or maybe it's just a noob point of view, and at pro things gets different.
No, it the one of easiest to play, almost all NG deck are easy because you have so many destroing or locking cards

No, it the one of easiest to play, almost all NG deck are easy because you have so many destroing or locking cards
Simple and wrong. NG is so easy to play atm because of blightmaker and DMT. These cheap tools allow for thinning (making your own deck better) and a lot of points on slam, while their provision cost is below average.

I had good results with a Slave infantery deck last season and not because Slave infantery is good:shrug:

The destroy/lock always needs targets and if your oponent does not provide good targets these always play under par.

Of course you can always play oponents cards if they are better then your own^^

It because the developper always make sure that NG are the strongest
Their boss must play it for sure
[...]
I'am confused. I thougt everyone agrees it is SK :shrug:

[...]
I think the game considere all the copy card of the deck are not from the main deck that why assimilation work, but it should not
Every card but the original 25 counts. if you copy your own it counts. If you have cards that create like braathens evry new creation counts.

Last edited:
Simple and wrong. NG is so easy to play atm because of blightmaker and DMT. These cheap tools allow for thinning (making your own deck better) and a lot of points on slam, while their provision cost is below average.

I had good results with a Slave infantery deck last season and not because Slave infantery is good:shrug:

The destroy/lock always needs targets and if your oponent does not provide good targets these always play under par.

Of course you can always play oponents cards if they are better then your own^^

I'am confused. I thougt everyone agrees it is SK :shrug:

Every card but the original 25 counts. if you copy your own it counts. If you have cards that create like braathens evry new creation counts.
It was about the last seasonal event you know when you play a unit you play another with the same recrutement point from your deck,
the deck was maked x2 at the begining so you start with 50 card intead of 25 mean that they make a copy of each card in your start deck, the probleme was that the assimilation condition were working when you play the second card from your deck when it should not because it should be considerated as a starting card, i'm not talking about braathen or vigo they created a new card so assimilation work that ok...
anyway it was about a seasonal event and it over so the probleme too

NG is in a state where just mages (as we saw on masters) is crazy. Just soldiers however needs buffs. I have some ideas but most cards pretty much need addressing. While I do agree that something has to be done with mages, Assimilate as a mechanic is fine. If you're playing too much NR, you should know by now that NG just counters what they do. If you like order decks sure, you are free to play them. But when you verse NG you have to be ready to lose bruh :p
Also, I really don't get why you're complaining about poison, remember the SC dryad ranger? Yeah, that's a bronze too. And it poisons. King Cobra? No? Yeah, your points don't make sense :p

The dryade cost 5, king cobra cost 4, NG have 6 or more card that add poison, ST have only 3 so poison with ST is absolutely not a problem, and i was talking about the lock status NG is the only faction that have bronze unit that add this status
Btw i dont lose a lot against NG players because i play draug, or the war machine deck and not the mage deck like almost 80% of NR players do
The north won almost everytime against NG, when it should not because their leader ability are weak if we compare it with NG
NG is not really my probleme now, my probleme is the eldain/traps/madoc deck i really dont know why developper are making card like that

It his wife who play it

Last edited:
Hmm, why does everyone play control I wonder? Maybe because this regularly happens if you don't draw all your answers round one? Basically what happened was that Archgriffin got buffed like stupid, round two an Erland with 200+ points came down who I barely outpointed with the help of Remedy into one of these crazy Adepts and Lydia into the special card that resets a unit's Order. Well guess what, Mr. Opponent of course draws both Alumni with leader ability who both come down for a healthy 50 points each round three. I'm definitely taking a break from this game and the Forums now, especially because there seems to be an abundance of users around that don't find stuff like this "problematic" and instead say control is "brainless" and only for "lazy players". And I really don't want to waste my time with this anymore.
I feel you man. Even as a NG player I dislike running Yenn Invo, but nowadays I have to. I didn't have Korathi Heatwave, but after experiencing how crucial removals are, I crafted it. It's just mandatory now, really. As someone else above said, "remove or lose" cards are prevalent. So it may be not wrong to say if NG is more popular due to this.

While I know facing a control deck is not fun, I also do know that facing some decks without having access to any removals can be a lot more "fun". I mean, those mages can multiply themselves and generate tons of boost per turn. I was like, wtf?

I play Torque/Symbiosis deck and feel that this deck is an easy deck without needing much thinking. I assume that other "solitaire" decks are played relatively the same as this, so I don't get how people can say that control decks are dumb or lazy. It's not like I randomly play Joachim, or just play Yenn Invo on the first big unit I see. It's not as simple as that, even more if you don't know what to expect from your opponent.

I haven't read most of the cards barring NG and SC, I don't know what Syndicate are doing with their coins, I don't know when NR runs out of order units that I need to anticipate, I don't know what the hell SK or Monsters are aiming to achieve. Then, how can one say that I can easily pilot a NG deck with all the inexperiencedness I have, despite everyone saying that NG decks are dumb and easy? I'll just laugh, haha. (My collection only allows me to play NG and SC, hence I don't exactly know what the other factions are doing.)
With the crazy amount of remove or lose cards in circulation NG is the only way to stay sane. Helps that it has some more technical stuff that goes beyond just numbers as well.
I was planning on sticking with Witch Hunters but I just can't get it to work.
I tried hardcore Harmony and it sucks lol. Even with Guerilla Tactics + Milva abuse. It's like the power of the deck is Milva, not Harmony, haha.
Actually, the reason NG is so popular is because it is a lot of fun to play.
Completely agree. With the same deck, one can get different match experiences. NG in beta was a lot cooler though. Now it's about abusing Yenn Invo, Joachim, and Coup de Grace over and over again, no matter what archetype you're using.

Top Bottom