Votes: 2 0.6%

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Release manager posting, CDPR being publicly traded investors want to cash out. biggest/most important e3....signs point to 2019..
A lot of stuff definitely seems to be happening at once. If the merch store launches shortly before E3, I think that's even more of an indicator that it's out sooner rather than later (early 2020 at the latest). A good ~6 months of pre-launch merch sales would likely be awesome for CDPR. Plus, obviously, people will become fans of the game and want to buy stuff post-launch in droves as well.

The biggest thing will be E3 itself. If it's launching in 2019, they will show a date at E3. If it isn't, they'll probably throw us another "coming when it's ready" and then the game probably won't be out until mid to late 2020.

TIf it isn't, they'll probably throw us another "coming when it's ready" and then the game probably won't be out until mid to late 2020.

That would be somewhat disappointing for what has been hyped as the most important E3 in the history of the company. My guess is that a late 2019 launch has been the plan, but it could still change until the content becomes final. In that case we may indeed get only a "when it's ready" with more footage, or the announcement of an early 2020 date (which however might still be delayed, like it happened with The Witcher 3 after E3 2014).

That would be somewhat disappointing for what has been hyped as the most important E3 in the history of the company. My guess is that a late 2019 launch has been the plan, but it could still change until the content becomes final. In that case we may indeed get only a "when it's ready" with more footage, or the announcement of an early 2020 date (which however might still be delayed, like it happened with The Witcher 3 after E3 2014).

Yeah. My personal belief is that we will see a date at the event, but as you said, things can change. There's still several months to go before E3 rolls around, and maybe they will run into some major issue that sets them back and causes a delay (even if only an internal one). I think that it's quite unlikely the game comes to more than 2 E3s, however.

I'm trying to stay "cautiously optimistic," remaining hopeful but tempering it with a bit of realism.

It was delayed twice, once from October 2014 to February 2015, and once from February 2015 to May 2015.

Oh boy. I hope the same thing doesn't happen with Cyberpunk 2077. It gets a release for October/November, then gets delayed into 2020. Do you know why The Witcher 3 was delayed twice?

Yeah. My personal belief is that we will see a date at the event, but as you said, things can change. There's still several months to go before E3 rolls around, and maybe they will run into some major issue that sets them back and causes a delay (even if only an internal one). I think that it's quite unlikely the game comes to more than 2 E3s, however.

I'm trying to stay "cautiously optimistic," remaining hopeful but tempering it with a bit of realism.
The recent news about CD Projekt management making decision about paying second dividend in company's history makes me believe that they're already set for a release date and are quite sure about being able to deliver on time. If that's the case, I expect that at E3 they will announce release date, start of pre-orders, Collector's Edition and maybe even an official opening for CDPR Store. Now does it mean that the game will be delayed or not, I don't know. It would not be a first time when management would be more optimistic then developers themselves.

Do you know why The Witcher 3 was delayed twice?
Because it was a huge game that demanded a lot of polish one would presume. It was already feature complete for the most part when the delays happened. Personally, I think 2020 is much more likely than 2019.

Because it was a huge game that demanded a lot of polish one would presume. It was already feature complete for the most part when the delays happened. Personally, I think 2020 is much more likely than 2019.
Hush, Rawls, nobody wants to hear your naysaying! These forums are for hopes and dreams only.

and during beta testing they realised the world was too empty so they had to add a lot of those question marks here and there.

My bets for release are:

oct-nov 2019: 5%
jan-feb 2020: 20%
mar-may 2020: 50%
june-sep 2020: 0%
sep-nov 2020: 25%

I don't use the "quarters" because I realise they create a lot of confusion

june-sep 2020: 0%
July 7 2020 is a Tuesday. The 20.7.7. marketing writes itself. Granted big games rarely release in summer (TLoU is the last on I can think of), but hey the game is at least going to partially be thematically punk, so the can rebel against the system!

Honestly, I'll just be happy with a release date announcement period. As much as I'd like it to come out this year, I'm fine with mid-2020, or even a bit later. I (and just about all of you as well) have already waited, what, 6 or 7 years now? I can wait another.

It's the not knowing that bugs me. But I figure we're probably in the home stretch now.

It's the not knowing that bugs me
same here, I need the year at least.

I'm quite annoyed that any BIG game is coming this fall (the ones I'm interested in, I mean). Maybe TLOU2 or death stranindgs, but I really wanted something like RDR2 which grants 60+ hours. CP2077 would be perfect, but it is how it is.

If that happens, I'll cut my testicles. :coolstory:
I'm not going to hold you to that particular bet.

XXXX REDDIT LEAK XXXXX

Reddit leaker, leaked xbox e3 presentation. says CP2077 spring 2020.

edit: disclaimer could (obviously) be fake

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom