Votes: 2 0.6%

Votes: 1 0.3%

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
[Sard Edit: Sorry, Gillian, hijacked your Post for a bit:

I know. We're all going to do this, me included.

THERE IS NO RELEASE DATE YET.

When there is, it will be biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig news. And I won't be here because I will have fainted from happiness. Those of you who know me know I am not exaggerating. I will not be alone, either - a whole bunch of us will be happily unconscious.

IN THE MEANTIME, I don't want to see "Is it ready? Is it ready?" and "I saw a guy on an interview look mysterious when asked. His birthdate is next winter and that's the anniversary of the Beep so 100% confirmed!!!!!" threads everywhere.

Have a Mega Date Thread where you may later scroll back and see who was right. Hint: it was the birthdate guy. NO THAT'S NOT OFFICIAL. OMG. People.

Cyberpunk 2077: When It's Ready.]

Is this a leaked accurate release date?

EDIT - https://www.amazon.com/Placeholder-...qid=1529011194&sr=8-1&keywords=Cyberpunk+2077

[Sard Edit: No, It is not. When It's Ready.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon does this all the time, it's not accurate at all.

It literally says in the link it's a placeholder.

Hi everyone. First, I'm sorry for my bad english, but I will try to do my best.
On the site GAMERANT, I saw an interview from Mike Pondsmith. The article says this :

As seen in the brief interview below between the YouTuber known as YongYea and Cyberpunk 2020 creator Mike Pondsmith, Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be ready when CD Projekt Red is prepared to put it out, which could be beyond 2020. As stated by Pondsmith, “I’ve waited 30 years to get to this and it was worth it. You guys can wait a few more years, it will be worth it,” implying that it may still be a ways off from release.

So I decided to ask to the community if Mr Pondsmith's declaration is official (did he heard that from the development studio) or not. I checked before to create the topic, but I didn't find. Sorry if it's existing somewhere. I dream for a 3D cyberpunk RPG since I discovered Final Fantasy and GTA, and as a child, I often imagined a 3D game in a cyberpunk style, RPG of course. This project is a childhood dream for me, and now I'm afraid to leave this world before I could play this pharaonic project. Every intention and new announcement put stars in my eyes, we can easily see it's a game made by and for gamers. A game made by passion. So I hope it will be out on this generation.

This is the link of the interviews :
https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-release-date-2021/

If the game is still a few years of (3+) years, its stupid to start the hype now in my opinion.
This is how i think the future looks;

22. aug. 2018. Cyberpunk 2077 Debut Gameplay Trailer (Gamescom 2018)

10. jun. 2019. Cyberpunk 2077 Stage Demo (E3 2019)

27. aug. 2019. Cyberpunk 2077 Official Gameplay (Gamescom 2019)

may. 2020. Cyberpunk 2077 Release month

That is no confirmation.
Even if mister Mike Pondsmith knows the release date he will not reveal it so casual in an interview. That is why he uses a vague term like years.
CDPR wants to make an impact when releasing informations, and the release date is to an important event to be said so easy.

Like Pondsmith I've been waiting decades for a computer game like this (i grew up in the 80's on W.Gibson books and playing CP2020).
Finally the tech is here, it's the right company, the right adviser, its all coming together... if Pondsmith says its worth waiting a few more years then to me it is! :)
i'd rather they get it right (i want to feel it !!) than get it out fast.

Last edited:
If the game is still a few years of (3+) years, its stupid to start the hype now in my opinion.

in fact they have been quoted as saying they don't want to rush anything out in like 6 months but also doing an 18+ month promotion cycle wasn't something they wanted to do either.

that said, software dev has no respect for deadlines, so even that doesn't give a hard dead line or anything.

I didn't expect those answers as soon, thank you guys.
I heard a story with a sort of contrat wich forces the studio to make the game at last for 2019 but I can't find it anymore.
So we have to wait a little more despite disease but I trust them when they said they work hard to make the greatest game they can.

We only can to make a predictions about the realise date. I absolutely shure that we'll watch gameplay trailer before or on Gamescom 2018. If I remember it clear, the developer told we'll give your more informstion soon (it was on E3). Why they need so muth hipe? In my opinion it's mean CDPR wants to make us ready before the relise. They want to birth a fire in our minds. If I'll waite so long my fire go out. (I mean wait until 2020) It gives me some optimistical point of wiev. I think the relise date is first half of 2019.

Tuco

Forum veteran
Even if we were going to interpret every one of his words literally (and not as a vague hands off comment as it actually sounds in context) this information conflicts with another interview where he explicitly said that he personally has no idea of when the game will launch and that the decision is up to CD Projekt RED.

I also think the first half of 2020 based on what has been shown and told, but it's just wild guessing.
I just hope that regular updates will help this time pass! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom