Votes: 2 0.6%

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The current goal seems to be obviously 2019 not in yearS but the point is, you never know and CDPR wants to make sure they reveal a release date when they are sure but considering they start now with the PR machinery, 2020 is just the "in case we face a bigger issue" and that's also the reason for Pondsmith "years", that way they are on the safe side. No one is going to moan or criticize CDPR should something happen now down the road.

The game will come out one year before the launch of the next gen consoles.
Then, a year after the launch of the next gen consoles it will be re-released for them and for pc.

Just like what R* did with GTAV.
It's the ultimate plan to maximize sales.

In 2015, Iwinski told IGN: "We're impressed with Fallout 4's rollout. [Bethesda] came on stage and said, 'It's here, it's real, and it's coming out on this date.' We're going to do something similar. We're going to wait [to reveal Cyberpunk 2077] until we can show off a very meaningful piece of it."

6 months later, taking everyone by surprise, Fallout 4 was released.
Todd howard came to see CDPR in their booth at the E3. I wonder what they talked about....

I just wish we knew what year it was coming, lol. I agree with others who said if the game is a few years out then they started the hype train early with the E3 presentation.

I just wish we knew what year it was coming, lol. I agree with others who said if the game is a few years out then they started the hype train early with the E3 presentation.

the thing is, you can only keep the hype at a certain level for so long... that's precisely what todd howard said to IGN, regarding the schedule of fallout 4's release. it was precisely what he said, he wished this timing of reveal/release would become the norm, that revealing a game too soon could kill the hype.

I can only get the article in french on ign, but he roughly said "I hope the way we handled this will change the way others do it [...]. I think a lot of people will imitate us. I hope so. as a gamer myself, I want a period of time where I can be impatient, without it soon falling flat. sometimes, there's an annoucvment and I think : 'I want to buy it now !' and then, you have to wait...."

http://fr.ign.com/fallout-4-ps4/116...howard-parle-de-lannonce-tardive-et-de-la-hyp

I REALLY wish companies would show nothing until the same year they are going to release it. Games that show something to build up hype, but then wait years, just turn that excitement into resentment for the long delay. I think I would be pissed if Cyberpunk 2020 was purposefully delayed till 2020 or Q4 2019 just for marketing to align with 2020 year. That probably won't happen, but you never know. I really hope they blow us out of the water and say it will come out this year, but if not I wish they would just tell us now that it won't be out this year so people won't be disappointed later.

The truth is, none of us really know when the game is coming out. I too hate it when companies decide to reveal a game 3 (or even 2) years ahead of even their internal release date, but we don't know for sure that this will be the case here.

All we have are guesses from everybody - journalists, fans, youtubers, ETC. Nobody knows anything. I've seen some journalists say the demo looks perfectly achievable on modern hardware, and others have said "I literally didn't think this was possible," and still others say "there's no way this is coming this gen."

So, let's take it one step at a time. Wait till Gamescom, see if they announce anything.

I think we can all agree we want this game "when it's ready..." I think most of us just hope CDPR didn't reveal the game way in advance. I don't think you need a 2 or 3 year marketing campaign to make people aware of the game.

Is there any word on when they will show the public this "Behind closed doors Gameplay reveal" ? YongYea and Laymen have peaked my curiosity and im super excited.
**Side Note** if it will look as beautiful as they say, should we have a photo mode?

Can you hint when approximately you'd be ready to discuss gameplay? I can do fine with just explanaion on certain topics.

In the interest of saving time, i think it's safe if we assume that the answer to all these kind of questions will be "when we're ready".

Also, they already stated on twitter that they are planning to include a Photo mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom