Votes: 2 0.6%

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did some thinking on the subject. What we know so far is that the game still remains in prealpha stage and it probably won't be shown publically until it reaches at least an alpha stage (just like The Witcher 3), so in other words all the features will be implemented and working in some way. Based on the demo impressions a lot of features seems already implemented and working fine, like city, AI scripts, crowd simulation, dialogue system, character creator, combat system, physics, driving mechanics and so on, which is a lot and not all of them were polished properly yet, but by alpha standards this is something that should be expected. However in interviews developers were still talking about how they are not sure about certain features or that they are still working on them, so they can't tell how in the end they will turn out, which indicates that for the game to become feature complete and reach alpha stage will take at least another few months of development. That would align nicely with Video Game Awards and it's possible that the name of the file displayed during E3 reveal (gk) really stands for Geoff Keighley, so if the game will be in alpha by then, they might show the gameplay there, especially since Cyberpunk will definitely be nominated as the most anticipated game of the year. In this scenario reaching the alpha version by the end of 2018 will be definitely a good news, but of course Cyberpunk would still need to go through alpha and beta tests, which in case of The Witcher 3 took as a whole something like a year and three months, but seeing how the game is already longer in prealpha then Witcher 3 was, I'm quite sure that alpha and beta tests will also last longer, so I'm betting on 2020 release and probably closer to the middle then beginning of that year.

I have been anxious to check Thronebreaker out - I thought it was supposed to come out this year? Did something change with the release date?

I did not follow Gwent related news very closely, but the last I recall is that the release would be towards the end of this year. Of course, the game would likely continue to receive updates and remain popular throughout 2019.

I did not follow Gwent related news very closely, but the last I recall is that the release would be towards the end of this year. Of course, the game would likely continue to receive updates and remain popular throughout 2019.

That's cool, I was also expecting a release toward the back end of this year. When you said 2019 I was afraid I'd missed some news on another delay. :(

Yello, been trying to find information about a beta or alpha release or a release in general? I know it's supposed to come out in 2019, but is there like a pledge system or something?

Also, MMORPG listed this as free, that seems unusual though. Is this game just going to have microtransactions then?

Yello, been trying to find information about a beta or alpha release or a release in general? I know it's supposed to come out in 2019, but is there like a pledge system or something?

Also, MMORPG listed this as free, that seems unusual though. Is this game just going to have microtransactions then?

No microtransactions. Will not be free. Where did you hear that it's going to come out in 2019?

Is this the new joke thread?
Why would it be?

I have a feeling this thread will be more popular from now on :p Also, 2019 is more likely now(Q4 probably though).

Here's why I think Cyberpunk 2077 will be released in 2020.

1) At E3 2018, Mike Pondsmith himself said: "I've waited 30 years to get to this and it was worth it. You guys can wait a few more years, it will be worth it."

2) In the email sent by CDPR to advertise the recent gameplay walkthrough, CDPR said:

"The gameplay video we’re sharing with you was recorded from a game deep in development. Since many of the assets and mechanics in the current version of Cyberpunk 2077 are most likely to be modified, we initially decided to show this gameplay only to media. Elements like gunplay (both in terms of visuals and how RPG stats influence it), netrunning, car physics, or the game’s UI — everything’s pretty much still in the playtest phase and we felt uneasy about publicly committing to any particular design. Animation glitches, work-in-progress character facial expressions, early versions of locations — all this made us hesitant to release what you’re about to see.

However, we are also well aware that many of you want to see what the media saw. And although this is probably not the same game you’ll see on your screen when we launch, we still decided to share this 48-minute video with you.

This is how Cyberpunk 2077 looks today.

Let us know what you think!

Adam Badowski,
Cyberpunk 2077 Game Director"

3) While development for Cyberpunk 2077 started in 2013, it didn't start "full development" until after the Blood & Wine expansion for The Witcher 3 was released, which was on May 31, 2016. That means that full development started in May 2016, meaning the game has been in actual development for a total of 2 years and 3 months. The Witcher 3's full development cycle was 3 and a half years. Cyberpunk 2077 is said to have much more content than The Witcher 3.

I know many will point to the conditions of the grants from the Polish government as evidence against my case. Namely, the condition stating that the grants only cover projects finished by June 2019. However, there is a BIG problem with this.

If you scroll down to page 3 of the actual application fine print, you'll find this in section 4:

"The Solicitor reserves the right to apply to the National Center for Research and Development for extension of the project. Should this request be granted, the service contract may be extended accordingly."

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2017/03/request-for-proposals-cdr-03-2017-21.pdf

Last edited:
If REDs work overtime again, the might push finished, nice and smooth CP2077 in the next year. If their higher ups have soul and itch for memes, it's a certain 2020, possibly early.

I believe we're 12~16 months from release, we get DLC within six months of release. Multiplayer comes after release.

Here are preview cycles of the two games:

We're over five years into development. Full-production probly started Q1 2016, so I doubt we're too far off.

I'd imagine CDPR is taking a different route to previews after the 'downgrade' narrative that plagued Witcher 3's post release news.

I hope for (mid) 2019, but still think it would be too early. Unless they announce a release very early in 2019.

From the consumer perspective I want to play it ASAP because it very much appeals to me. But at the same time, expect a "refined product". I think up to 2020 is reasonable and that's what I currently go with. If it comes earlier, better. Mid to late 2019 is preferred if they can pull it off.

A cool date would be July 7, 2020. Could be abbreviated 20.7.7. That's my stab at the rampant speculation game ... mostly because it looks cool, has the 2020 tie-in to the source IP and is a Tuesday (which is the day of the week TW2, TW3, HoS and B&W all released). So yeah that's my best guess.

EDIT: Also this thread makes me laugh at the time back in 2014 when I was certain this game would be a 2017 release.
They could very likely release DLC on this day.

My guess:
E3 2019 (June) Announcement Release Date : 2019 Aug

This fits pretty well with The Witcher's preview cycle.

My predictions is we'll get a few more looks at this game between now and E3 2019. Release date reveal E3 2019, set for release late 2019. November or October is the typical window for holiday games.

My predictions is we'll get a few more looks at this game between now and E3 2019. Release date reveal E3 2019, set for release late 2019. November or October is the typical window for holiday games.

I'll view it optimistcally in this fashion, should it take longer:

Until 2019 E3 and / or Gamescom, we will get more info, maybe release date. If it takes longer and is actually mid 2020 or so, it would by then just be about one more year. Even if it's two years from now on, time kinda tends to pass. With no break. Even if it might subjectively take long, we'll get to that sweet moment of release. Just like years ago, we waited for games years ahead. And that moment came.

Until then we should take the time and post suggestions. The earlier, the better they can be considered and potentially partially or completely implemented.

How about around the time of the next-gen consoles? 2020?

Edit. Thinking about how big the city is I think I'll push the date even further into the future. Hmmm, maybe 2022?

Four years from now on sounds kind of ... too far.

Not an expert on such matters and while I cannot completely rule it out, I also do not think it's going to be taking four more years if it is in theory playable (story-wise) already, even if some or a lot of that isn't perfected or finalized or, say, "bug proof".

Two, maybe three, tops. If not earlier. We'll see when it is scheduled to come out next year at the latest, since I read somewhere they wanted to give us a release date in 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom