Votes: 2 0.6%

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been betting on 2019 for years now, and that's not changing. Like @sv3672 said, the game could be farther along than we've thought so far.

As for specific quarters... Q3 seems the most likely, followed by Q4, then Q2, and then Q1. Q3 because it's around the time their past games have released (IIRC), Q4 because they could avoid broketober and the mid-year game rush by launching in December or November, and Q2 because if they're going to release in the first half of 2019, I doubt it'll be the first quarter. Q1 seems like an impossibility to me - too soon. But possible, I guess.
Agree.

Given even a conservative estimate and saying this game entered production after Blood and Wine, 2020 would mark four years of full production. Thought would be extremely expensive and highly unlikely.

The fact we're even seeing the game as a playable vertical slice means we're fairly close.

I for one am not holding my breath on this one. I think that at least since the preview came out, it may not be long and I'm good with that. I'll take quality over quantity any day. Even so, even on release I'll wait a while before I decide to purchase it or not. Just have to wait and see how it goes. We all know how expensive these games can be, every day in production is adding up the cost of the project, so my guess would be (at this point) that they too want to set a release date and get this out to all the gamer's in the world, young and old *coughs*. Be patient, it will happen and is something to look forward too.

I might add that as long as it released in this century and not the next?, that would be awesome. :giggle:

CDPR file for several grants from the Polish government.

If the deadline on those grants mean anything, then the latest CP2077 would come out is on June 29, 2019.

More than likely doesnt mean anything, though.

At this moment, knowing what we know of the game. I’m kinda hoping the release is at the latter half of 2020. Aaand, it’s an apt year for release anyway.

Last edited:
CDPR file for several grants from the Polish government.

If the deadline on those grants mean anything, then the latest CP2077 would come out is on June 29, 2019.

More than likely doesnt mean anything, though.
The grant does not stipulate release but a showable product, which they've already provided.

The grant does not stipulate release but a showable product, which they've already provided.
Not even that, if I remember correctly. All they had to do was demonstrate that the tech is in the game. They may not even have to do so publicly.

Cyberpunk2077 release date (2019) Nice~~~

https://www.baslattusu.com/cyberpunk-2077nin-cikis-tarihi-sizdirildi-48035.html

9bd7f185300fe0978b4c68a663894cc2.JPG

Release date has NOT been officially confirmed. I've no doubt it'll be all over the official media and other news once it gets confirmed.

I'm gonna merge this with the release date speculation thread.

It could very well be speculation, but sometime around fall 2019 is not an unreasonable guess. I would not be surprised if "2019" without a specific date was officially announced before the end of this year (TGA in December?).

Given all the recent info on distributors and the like I think I can piece together the release date

1. WB are distributing the game in NA

2. Bandai Namco are distributing the game in Europe

If we look at the Witcher 2 and Witcher 3 the distributors were revealed a year ahead from release. Despite being delayed the Witcher 3 was originally supposed to release in that 1 year timeframe.

3. This is further supported by Bilkom (distributors for Turkey) claiming that the game will release in 2019. I think they were telling the truth.

Judging by CDPRs marketing practices for their previous games I strongly believe we will see it next year. I also believe they will reveal the release date at The Game Awards

One more possible source of speculation, if it was not mentioned yet, is the dates mentioned in the 48 minutes demo. The prologue quest is apparently on April 13, and there is a "Samurai" poster in V's apartment that refers to an upcoming event on May 31. Of course, these could very well mean nothing, but in the Witcher games and expansions released so far, the in-game season generally matched the real life release date, which is an interesting coincidence. Could that point towards a planned (as of the making of the E3 demo) CP2077 launch in Q2 of 2019 or 2020?

Why isn't 2077 a poll option?

And, I'll wait for an official release date. 2019 may be the planned release date, but a lot of developers tend not to hit their first intended release date. Part of why they don't confirm it until they have a pretty good idea there's a good chance they'll hit it. So, even if that date is really what CDPR has told their distributors, 2019 still might not be the actual release year.

I would rather CDPR give a release date and delay it than not getting one at all. If it gets delayed they give us a new release date. If there is none, we have no idea how much longer we have to wait.

Guest 4211861

I don't want the game released, I like having something to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom