Votes: 1 0.3%

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if it's...two years? Or...THREE?

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

Other than that I like your logic of release date announce windows.

So you figure...announce by, oh, Fall of 2021, then?
For our luck Cyberpunk 2077 won't get release in 2021. I'm 100% sure of it because that would be stupid giving new consoles

For our luck Cyberpunk 2077 won't get release in 2021. I'm 100% sure of it because that would be stupid giving new consoles

Only new console releases are -also- speculation.

"Back in May, Sony Interactive CEO John Kodera revealed to the Wall Street Journal that the PS5 would not be releasing until at least 2021 "

At least 2021. So possibly 2022. And CDPR isn't going to develop for a new console when they've been working on this for so long.

The install base for XoneX and PS4 is much much larger than the next console base will be for quite some time. Not to mention the bugs.

There's a reason CDPR is developing for the current gen and not the next. And a launch of 2021 wouldn't change that.

fyi it's already been made mention that the game will be released on current gen consoles, which means at the latest it'll release by early next year.

fyi it's already been made mention that the game will be released on current gen consoles, which means at the latest it'll release by early next year.

Actually, no. Current gen consoles are the target, but that doesn't force CDPR to a 2020 release date at all.

1. Next gen console release dates are -also- unknown.

2. CDPR has a Quality target, not a timed target. Current gen consoles will make the bulk of consoles in homes for quite some time from now - years, in fact. If they release in 2021 or 2022 or whenever, they will have millions of PS4 and XoneX units to sell to.

I think this could be a possible cross gen title, so I think it could launch around the release of the next gen hardware.

This is my assumption.

Since CD Projekt Red will be attending E3 this year, it would be unwise if they did not announce a release date during that time period. I mean, come on, 2 E3s without a release date would be ridiculous. If the game is that far off, then they should just not attend this year's E3 at all.

Games usually get their release date a few months prior to the actual release, so if a release date for Cyberpunk 2077 is announced, then it would be safe to assume that the game is only a few months off to be released. This concludes that the game will be released around late 2019, which would be October to December.

Now, the median of those three months is November, so let's say that the game will be releasing in the month of November. This makes the window of release to November 2019.

November has 4 weeks, so the median of those 4 weeks would be the second week. This shortens the release window even further, which means that the game could get released anywhere between November 10 to November 16.

Assuming that the game will release on a Tuesday like The Witcher 3 and many other games, this allows us to further the date even more. As a result, this gives an exact date of November 12, 2019.

However, that is too specific to assume, as the game could also get released on another week of November. Due to that, let's add another date just to be on the safe side: November 19. The game could get released on either of those 2 weeks, and a release in the first or last week of November is unlikely.

Speculated release dates: November 12 and 19, 2019.

*drops mic

my bet is they will announce the release date of October 2nd, 2019 (11,2, 2019) on June 6th, 2019 (6,9, 2019) during Microsoft's E3 the weekend prior to E3

my assumptions come from this

my bet is they will announce the release date of October 2nd, 2019 (11,2, 2019) on June 6th, 2019 (6,9, 2019) during Microsoft's E3 the weekend prior to E3

my assumptions come from this

Now let start with i hope your right about the dates and will be happy for you to rub it in if your right .

Now here is the but you are reading the dates like someone from the USA but CDPR are Polish and they say the date as Day/ month/ year not month / day /year .

Now let start with i hope your right about the dates and will be happy for you to rub it in if your right .

Now here is the but you are reading the dates like someone from the USA but CDPR are Polish and they say the date as Day/ month/ year not month / day /year .
if that's true then according to the picture they'd announce the release date on September 6th, 2019 for a release of December 1st, 2019. But I still think it'd be more feasible to announce the release date on June 6th, 2019 for October 2nd, 2019 as that would give them a good few months to fine tune the rest of the game and still release in the 4Q 2019 as that's a great time to release a game.

if that's true then according to the picture they'd announce the release date on September 6th, 2019 for a release of December 1st, 2019. But I still think it'd be more feasible to announce the release date on June 6th, 2019 for October 2nd, 2019 as that would give them a good few months to fine tune the rest of the game and still release in the 4Q 2019 as that's a great time to release a game.

I am hinting that those numbers are not dates just numbers. Like i said i hope your right just quietly i would kill for CP2077 to come out this year .

i read somewhere ckpr got a grand from polish gov't of 5 mil to produce a product as long as they release it in 2019. dont' have the source to regurgitate it. IF it's true, that makes sense. the problem is this is the year of 7nm, so this SHOULD be a future oriented game.... which i have confidence they will satisfy top tier gaming builds and next gen consoles.... W2 did this well as well as W3.... but W2 was more of a challenge i feel for systems. Anyways, $$ talks. I just hope they don't rush anything, novigrad should have been taken by the wild hunt and destroyed since it was stale , just asking to be stomped. I hope they get that urge satisfied in cyberpunk and don't get rushed but come into being at a point where "next gen" tech can satisfy any kind of big "BOOMs" or landscape changes that demand big processing power for cheap.(aka multi threat and the option of nuking night city aka trans america san diego)

i read somewhere ckpr got a grand from polish gov't of 5 mil to produce a product as long as they release it in 2019. dont' have the source to regurgitate it. IF it's true, that makes sense. the problem is this is the year of 7nm, so this SHOULD be a future oriented game.... which i have confidence they will satisfy top tier gaming builds and next gen consoles.... W2 did this well as well as W3.... but W2 was more of a challenge i feel for systems. Anyways, $$ talks. I just hope they don't rush anything, novigrad should have been taken by the wild hunt and destroyed since it was stale , just asking to be stomped. I hope they get that urge satisfied in cyberpunk and don't get rushed but come into being at a point where "next gen" tech can satisfy any kind of big "BOOMs" or landscape changes that demand big processing power for cheap.(aka multi threat and the option of nuking night city aka trans america san diego)
Yes, the grant did mention something about the deadline being 2019, but as somebody who was around when that grant was big news, I recall that it only specified that they had to have certain technologies in the game - not finish the game itself. Biiiig difference, and a LOT of people have misunderstood that over the years.

Pinging @Sardukhar because he probably remembers this better than I and can probably fill in the gaps.

Oh, and this should go without saying, but that grant was earned ages ago. We're talking years and years (at least 3, I think). They've either filed for an extension by now, already implemented the technologies (even if the features have been scrapped/changed since), or something else... bottom line, anything can happen with such a long development cycle.

Yep, and the grant also covered research, development and implementation of "seamless multyplayer" among other things and since they obtained the grant they've come out and said MP won't be in the game at launch. Which goes to show they are not beholden by it, or at least can be.. Renegotiated.. So I wouldn't put too much stock on the grant having a real impact in terms of release obligations or measurement.

I want to be optimistic, but 2020 sounds more likely. There is a chance it might be Q4 this year just because it's the holiday season and that tends to be the norm, but I dunno. From E3 last year, they said the entire main story was complete and playable, so really all they're doing is polishing. To what extent that is hasn't been said, and may or may not include side content. It's hard to say, really.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom