Votes: 2 0.6%

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that first teaser trailer back in 2013... Back then I had a very good friend who was as interested in RPG as myself. We went crazy over the information that CDPR was working in a cyberpunk RPG. =(

My friend passed in 2016 and didn't even got to see the 2018 E3 trailer.

this breaks my heart. and i was complaining about grey hairs. RIP.

Anyway, @Shavod while I appreciate the information and I'm sure the rest of us do to, it is definitely against the rules to discuss leaks on the forums.
In particular, it is prohibited to:

• post and/or discuss unpublished content from CDPR’s products, or other information/content obtained from leaks or data-mining without CDPR’s permission
I believe it's acceptable on Reddit, but not here. Let's not talk about the specific leak any further.

However, I do think, leaks aside, Q1/Q2 2020 is and has always been likely. Delays are possible, but I think that gives them a solid amount of time to release the game. And hopefully, they've learned their lesson from the Witcher 3 - not in terms of community anger, but regarding the amount of effort needed to finish games with ambitious scopes.

In other words, maybe they think "OK, Witcher 3 took us an extra X months, let's tack that on by default for 2077."

Anyway, @Shavod while I appreciate the information and I'm sure the rest of us do to, it is definitely against the rules to discuss leaks on the forums.
If so, I've been lied to!

In other words, maybe they think "OK, Witcher 3 took us an extra X months, let's tack that on by default for 2077."
More like: "Hmm, Witcher 3 took us extra X months and still we barely managed to put together a final act of the game, let's tack that on by default for 2077.":p

If so, I've been lied to!

I only know because Rawls mentioned it a couple pages back. I assumed it was fine prior to that. :p

More like: "Hmm, Witcher 3 took us extra X months and still we barely managed to put together a final act of the game, let's tack that on by default for 2077.":p

Was the Witcher 3's final act really rushed? If so, I'm impressed. It had a couple pacing issues, but it was mostly a very good experience in my opinion.

Don't kid yourselves guys. CP will take post release patching to polish the game, like every other AAA title these days. It's why I waited 6 months to play TW3.

Don't kid yourselves guys. CP will take post release patching to polish the game, like every other AAA title these days. It's why I waited 6 months to play TW3.
I played through the entirety of the Witcher 3 week one with no issues. The controls were a bit crap, but that was the only problem I encountered. Oh, also, Roach kept losing his run animation and I had to reload. Then again, I'm also the type of person who never seems to have issues with Bethesda games on launch, even when I complete all the main questlines and notable side quests. So maybe I'm not the best person to be talking about this.

If they delay the game by a few months, hopefully that will give them time to polish up the rough edges that you speak of. So if we're looking at roughly mid-2020 as a possible release, maybe post-E3 it will launch. July? August?

Although, as I've said before, I don't see them going to 3 E3s with 2077. Perhaps instead this E3 will see CDPR unveil their fancy new game, and then next E3 will show us a demo/more info.

I played through the entirety of the Witcher 3 week one with no issues. The controls were a bit crap, but that was the only problem I encountered. Oh, also, Roach kept losing his run animation and I had to reload. Then again, I'm also the type of person who never seems to have issues with Bethesda games on launch, even when I complete all the main questlines and notable side quests. So maybe I'm not the best person to be talking about this.

If they delay the game by a few months, hopefully that will give them time to polish up the rough edges that you speak of. So if we're looking at roughly mid-2020 as a possible release, maybe post-E3 it will launch. July? August?

Although, as I've said before, I don't see them going to 3 E3s with 2077. Perhaps instead this E3 will see CDPR unveil their fancy new game, and then next E3 will show us a demo/more info.

I think that's very likely. May is best case scenario, fall if it gets delayed. I'm taking into account the lengthy pre-production period of CP. Thinking on it, May seems ideal because fall is usually packed with big AAA releases. Maybe that's why spring has been their thing.

Was the Witcher 3's final act really rushed? If so, I'm impressed. It had a couple pacing issues, but it was mostly a very good experience in my opinion.
Mostly the assassination plot, which is probably the weakest moment of the game, because they couldn't finish in time the questline building up to it (some ideas from this removed plotline, like Gaunter O'Dimm, ended up being used in Hearts of Stone expansion) and the final battle with the Hunt, which was going to be much longer, with Hunt attacking Kaer Trolde, Geralt infiltrating the Hunt under the illusion spell and Hunt attacking the Novigrad (some ideas from that were used in the final act of Blood and Wine).

Don't know about PC, but PS4 version was bugged at launch. They fixed crashes and little bugs in the first few weeks, but it was impossible to do at least 3 quests until september 2015 (3-4 months), in particular king's gambit, which was one of the "main" side quests.

So it's good that they'll polish CP better than TW3 before launch. The "when it's ready" policy comes from that and the 2 delays, I guess (and hope). Not saying that the game will be perfect like RDR2 (even though they claim they're aiming for that), but if they deliver a game that can be played from beginning to end with no particular problems, I'm happy.

BTW, I don't think rumors about release date can be considered leaks, a leak is something "official", like there were for TW3 (they spoiled the full plot a year before release). I mean, mod didn't say anything against these rumors so far. It's like complaining about amazon setting Dec 31st 2020 as release date.
Post automatically merged:

Mostly the assassination plot, which is probably the weakest moment of the game, because they couldn't finish in time the questline building up to it (some ideas from this removed plotline, like Gaunter O'Dimm, ended up being used in Hearts of Stone expansion) and the final battle with the Hunt, which was going to be much longer, with Hunt attacking Kaer Trolde, Geralt infiltrating the Hunt under the illusion spell and Hunt attacking the Novigrad (some ideas from that were used in the final act of Blood and Wine).
oooh, that's some juicy stuff. DId they confirm this?

I think I found the Polish site, will not link it, but does the name begin with "Mi"? Anyway, if it is the right one and the insider information is real, it does not actually seem to confirm the exact month of May, only that the game will probably not be finished this year, and that the management did plan a 2019 release, but that is unrealistic now. The site then speculates May 2020 based on previous CDPR titles also having been released in May.

It is mainly from old (2014) leaked documents that were discussed on the forum a few years ago.

Did witcher 3 have a lot of bugs or something at launch? Bugs are to be expected not a big deal.
On PS4, A LOT of bugs. In the first weeks I had several crashes, water becoming black (needed to reboot the game), roach doing even weirder stuff than the usual, texture disappearing, geralt dying for every 20cm fall, all the usual type of glitches and some quests impossible to be completed, frame rate was quite shitty, improved with patches, GOT WORSE and improved again in 6 months/1 year time. It was pretty much as bugged as AC unity, not the usual "bugginess" you see in AAA games.

I believe in that case they will simply skip the E3, just as they did with the E3 2015, the year Witcher 3 was released.

I think I found the Polish site, will not link it, but does the name begin with "Mi"? Anyway, if it is the right one and the insider information is real, it does not actually seem to confirm the exact month of May, only that the game will probably not be finished this year, and that the management did plan a 2019 release, but that is unrealistic now. The site then speculates May 2020 based on previous CDPR titles also having been released in May.

In the first paragraph it has been stated that they got this information about release date at May 2020 from their source at CDPR, the speculation part is more of a disclaimer that since it's not official yet, to not take it at face value, but they also explain why it's very plausible.

A lot of it is from the leaked documents, but some informations were provided by devs themselves.

BTW, I don't think rumors about release date can be considered leaks, a leak is something "official", like there were for TW3 (they spoiled the full plot a year before release). I mean, mod didn't say anything against these rumors so far. It's like complaining about amazon setting Dec 31st 2020 as release date.

Fair enough.

I think that's very likely. May is best case scenario, fall if it gets delayed. I'm taking into account the lengthy pre-production period of CP. Thinking on it, May seems ideal because fall is usually packed with big AAA releases. Maybe that's why spring has been their thing.
It seems like from business standpoint they always try to release their new big games in either February (the original plan for The Witcher 3 and Blood and Wine release, I seem to vaguely recall that Witcher 1 at some point was planned to be released that month as well), May (Witcher 2 and 3, Blood and Wine) or October (Witcher 1, Hearts of Stone, Thronebreaker, Gwent: Homecoming). Witcher Adventure Game and Battle Arena were the only exceptions, but those were not made directly by CDPR and were just a small mobile games made to promote The Witcher 3. So if Cyberpunk 2077 is really planned to be released at May 2020, after eventual delay it would most likely come out at October 2020.

Talking business = releasing GTA 5 first on PS3 and a year after on PS4 and PC, has created this " they want steal double amount of money from me" cliché.
I don't think that CDPR, considering the way it cares about it's image, will dare to release before PS5 launch because of this.
The PS5 release is a huge factor in 2077 release date.
If the console is announced on the next E3 or somewhere else in the next months, and will be announced for spring 2020 they probably will wanna hang on and make a bundle release.
On the other hand, the fact most young audience not being able to afford PS5 from day 1, will have a huge negative impact on sales if released exclusively.
This is certainly the biggest NO !
No one would dare this.
That way, they have to release on PS4 since most people in 2020 will still have it.
There is only one way to avoid both mistakes.
Release post PS5 release on all PS4, PS5, and PC.
It doesn't matter the game being good, the 48 minutes trailer release had a significant negative impact on CDPR stocks.
The fact it having at least recovered since, says that it was a "hype value " loss because of the trailers "long" format, not being welcomed by classical market standards, and not a real negative judgement of the game itself.
Yet, the stock history pushes the dev to extend the release in order to catch a new hype.
Today news of " recreating the game " by the devs, has shown that thats the way they have taken.
Most probable theory = they will release on/or shortly after new consoles release, on all platforms.
If sony says its 2020, this gives them perfect timing to finish the game decently AND to create a new pre release hype that hasn't worked with the 48 minutes trailer.

April and may are usually the months for delayed games which didn't make it for March 31st. june-september are for those games that are not big enough to compete with AAA, october-november (so they're on market for holiday season) and feb-march are the months for best sellers. Apparently those are the months where people are likely to spend more for videogames. Go figure, that's how the market works.
Post automatically merged:

I don't think that CDPR, considering the way it cares about it's image, will dare to release before PS5 launch because of this.
The PS5 release is a huge factor in 2077 release date.
it's not, because 97 millions of people already have a ps4, and not all of them will upgrade their setup soon (and ps5 seems to be expensive). That's why cross-gen games exist for at least 2 years after new consoles are released.
Plus, ps5 will be backward compatible, meaning you won't need to buy a game twice (ps4 first, ps5 later). Moreover, PS5 won't be released before april 2020 (= holidays 2020) (confirmed by sony itself).

Last edited:

Guest 4211861

Based on recent info, I'm changing my prediction from July 7th 2020 (20/7/7) to November of 2019.

It doesn't matter the game being good, the 48 minutes trailer release had a significant negative impact on CDPR stocks.

It did not. You are absolutely incorrect. It had a massive boost to stocks for the next few days after Gamescom and the Aug 27 demo release.

Over the following week, the stock returned to E3 levels - which were, until the demo release, record highs.

It then fell throughout fall, but only so far as it's (at the time) record high April price. This was GWENT-related.

Since fall 2018, as we head towards E3 2019, the price climbs steadily again, having just recently beaten it's all time high of 219.8 (last time was just after the gameplay demo dropped) a few weeks ago in early April.

You aren't basing your statement on fact or data of any kind as far as I can tell.

CDPR stock is doing wonderfully.

CDPR Stock.JPG

The release date is not going to be based on a console release date. They aren't lying when they say aiming for current gen. The release date is based on When It's Ready. It's not ready yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom